In those days, when there was no medicaldrugs, people treat a cold exclusively improvised means. For the prevention of colds and getting rid of the painful symptoms of SARS have used the healing power of plant and animal products. Recipes medicinal decoctions and infusions passed down from generation to generation. Many people came to us, at least remember his grandmother's necklace of garlic, which were laid out carefully under the cots of infants during the rampant infection.
Onions, garlic, propolis, milk, honey, potatoes,oil - these products are used in folk medicine to treat colds. Of course, their effectiveness, there are many opinions, but everyone at least once preferred tablet tested folk remedy for the prevention of colds and alleviate its symptoms.
Preventing colds exceptwell-known measures to limit contact with patients, compliance with hygiene standards implies the use of folk remedies. What if the infection is raging around, and every day it becomes a victim of one of the friends and acquaintances? Here are some effective ways of protection.
- Aromatherapy. Crushed garlic leave on a saucer. Volatile and essential oils that have bactericidal properties and viritsidnymi will evaporate and can easily cope with infectious agents. The ability to kill pathogens of essential oil of tea tree, pine, lavender, lemon. Volatile also contained in the bulb onions and radish juice. As an option of aromatherapy are useful inhalation with herbs and essential oils.
- nasal lavage. This method of infection control invented Indian yoga. The pharmacy sells special water to wash the nose, but the task will successfully decoction of chamomile, calendula, or salt solution (½ teaspoon in a glass of warm boiled water). Irrigate your nose every time you need to return or after contact with the patient.
- Humidification. Blasted with air heated space slimy, very vulnerable and easily populated with pathogenic microbes that cause SARS. Several times a day spray the room simple boiled water, your risk will decrease significantly.
What if it was not possible to avoid the cold, if you feel unwell, sore throat and tickling in the nose? Come to the aid effective folk remedies.
- nasal lavage brine and iodine based half teaspoonspoons of table or sea salt and 4 drops of 5% iodine tincture to 1 cup of warm boiled water. For nasal lavage using a special teapot or simply inhale the solution alternately with both nostrils.
- Inhalation oil of peppermint, eucalyptus, fir - a good remedy to moisturize the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract and microbial decontamination.
- A warm bath overnight with the addition of broth of herbs (chamomile, mint, eucalyptus) or essential oils. After the bath, go to bed and sweat.
- Ginger tea colds. Cut into pieces of ginger root and green tea brew 200 ml of boiling water, add a slice of lemon, let it brew for 5 minutes and drink in small sips. Ginger tea will deliver from the sore, a sore throat and hacking cough.
- Ginger tea with honey and lemon. Brew green tea, add 2 tablespoons of honey, the juice of half a lemon, grated on a fine grater ginger, a pinch of cinnamon, ground cardamom. Boil the mixture for 10 minutes, strain and drink.
- Drinking plenty of fluids. How is the best suited for this cranberryjuice, but you need to prepare it properly. Cranberry contains vitamins A, B, C, K, organic acids, flavonoids, and helps get rid of colds. Fresh or frozen cranberries rub in an enamel bowl, strain the juice, add the sugar or honey to taste. Pulp, which remained after ottsezhivaniya juice, cover with boiling water and boil for 3 minutes, drain, cool, add the finished sweet juice.
- Garlic milk. In a glass of warm milk, add 10-15 dropsgarlic juice and drink at night. The second option: Boil a cup of milk, add 3 cloves of minced garlic and a teaspoon of honey. Drink before bedtime sip.
- Milk with a bow. Finely chop 5 medium onions, pour a liter of milk, boil until cooked onions. Remove from heat, add 3 tbsp. spoons of honey, cool. Take 1 tbsp. 2 spoon every hour.
- Tea made from the leaves and twigs of raspberry. Prepare the broth and drink it as a tea. Malina has a diaphoretic, anti-inflammatory action.
- Recovery from a cold. Two cloves of garlic wrapped in bandage and paste into your ears for 20 minutes. Garlic volatile evaporating, will walk in the Eustachian tube directly into the nasal passages.
- Herbal teas. Mint, lemon balm, thyme, chamomile, calendula,oregano, lime, rose, leaf strawberry, raspberry, currant, marshmallow, eucalyptus - these plants can help cure a cold. Folk remedies can be used both as a monotherapy and in addition to traditional drugs.