Surgical interventions for ovarian cancer
Surgical operation is the first step in the treatment of ovarian cancer. It is usually required to produce hysterectomy, that is, the excision of the uterus, the removal of both ovaries, phallopy tubes connecting the ovaries with the uterine, and the accumulation of adipose tissue in the abdominal cavity. At the same time, the surgeon examines the abdominal cavity in order to eliminate any signs of malignant fabric. If the signs of cancer are found in the intestine, it is necessary to remove the affected area and connect the two ends of the intestine.
Examination of the abdominal cavity when cancer of the ovary
The examination of the abdominal cavity is a highly specialized form of surgical intervention, and it is important that the surgeon-specialist surgeon will be conducted by the genital cancer. Studies have shown that even if the cancer damage cannot be completely removed by surgical path, and small accumulations of cancer cells remain, the subsequent treatment effect will be much better after removing as much as possible pathological material. Sometimes there is a need for the second operation after some time after the first. The purpose of the second survey is to determine if treatment affected the development of the disease, and help doctors to appreciate the need for further measures.
Hysterectomy with ovarian cancer
Hysterectomy can cause a woman very big suffering. For women who have not reached menopause, this means its premature offensive and the emergence of such symptoms as «riding», dry skin and vagina, as well as depression. Women hard to accept the end of the reproductive period. Hysterectomy, carried out during the menopause, does not hit the female self-consciousness. All these factors are able to strongly affect the emotional state of women, and when they find out that they are sick cancer. Therefore, to help patients survive this difficult period, it is extremely important to provide them with both pre- and postoperative emotional support and advisory care.
Recommendations to patients who have undergone hysterectomy
- The first month after surgery must be used for recovery and adequate rest
- Driving a car can start a month after surgery.
A small weight gain can be observed in connection with a reduction in motor activity, but
Hysterectomy as such is not the cause of weight gain. After 3-6 months, the weight returns to the original, as physical activity is normalized.
- It is often observed fatigue and loss of life tone, on these patients's state violations are short-lived.
- Inspection of the gynecologist is carried out 6 weeks after surgery.
- Sex life can resume after examination of the gynecologist and should be normal with the usual orgasm frequency.
- Granulation in the region of the vagina vehicle may cause post-cellular bleeding, so it is necessary to handle the granulation to the silver nitrate.
- Sometimes the vaginal arch is infected and discomfort appear. Treatment is carried out by drugs that affect an anaeroba, such as the metronidazole.
- The recovery period is usually 6 weeks, after which you can return to work.
Forecast for ovarian cancer
If the ovarian cancer is detected at an early stage, surgical intervention in itself or in combination with subsequent chemotherapy often leads to curable. On a more advanced stage of the disease, the cure in some cases can be achieved by chemotherapy, but a much smaller number of patients. However, most people with a far-sighted disease have a target of chemotherapy consists in curbing the cancer process and as long as possible preservation of the acceptable quality of life.