From Latin words «Vita», What does life mean, the usual word happened «Vitamins», without which it is also impossible to imagine the human existence. Vitamins themselves are connections that participate in the metabolism and maintain the livelihoods of the body. In other words, we can say that it is impossible to imagine a person without vitamins. These substances are present in many products: fresh fruit vegetables, fish, meat and t. D. One of the most important vitamins for human health is vitamin C or ascorbic acid.
The benefits of vitamin C
If we consider the benefit of vitamin C for our body, many of us do not know that the person does not produce this vitamin, so you need to have products that contain a lot of vitamin C or take vitamins in tablets.
Man health benefits:
- Vitamin C or ascorbic acid has a positive effect on the nervous system;
- participates in blood update processes;
- stimulates the work of the endocrine glands, helping the absorption of iron;
- Strengthens blood vessels. Without vitamin C is impossible to generate cartilage cells proteoglycans. These substances give vessels elasticity, helping stretching and returning to the previous position;
- powerful antioxidant. Is one of the main substances that preserve the beauty and renewing youth;
- enhances the protective functions of the body, helping to fight viruses and prevents the development of inflammatory and colds;
- will help support the body in chronic ailments, in particular, Sugar diabetes, as well as improve the patient's condition after the suffered infarction and stroke;
- Ascorbic acid participates in rehabilitation processes, helping the body to cope with the disease faster;
- promotes rapid healing of wounds and ulcers;
- Improves the overall condition of a person is a powerful energy, returns forces when overwork.
With a lack of vitamin C man can feel fatigue, it is quickly tired. If we talk about a serious shortage of this element, then the joints begin to disturb, bleed gums, a person often sick with colds and for a long time cannot recover for a long time.
Where is Vitamin C found?
The benefits of vitamin C for human health can only be said if it enters the body in due. Until recently, the daily rate of vitamin C (or ascorbic acid) for an adult was 100 mg per day. Today, scientists have proven the opposite, it is allowed to take ascorbic acid in the amount of up to 4 g per day to sense his favor. It is not enough to achieve the therapeutic effect to eat only products of plant origin with high content of vitamin C. In addition, in some products there are a lot of useful substance, but it is impossible to obtain from a raw apple vitamin C, since the ascorbamine enzyme contained in it destroys it. To benefit from such a product, you need to eat exclusively baked apples.
Regarding the daily rate of vitamin C consumption to achieve due effect, there is no one-to-one. Experts argue that men are allowed to use no more than 90 mg vitamin C, and women are only 75 mg. Overdose is considered if 1 kg of weight accounts for about 12000 mg of ascorbic acid.
According to doctors to prevent the development of cancer cells, that is, with the aim of prevention, it is necessary to use approximately 3000 mg of ascorbic acid per day, and to cure inflammatory diseases or cold, the daily dose should be up to 10,000 mg.
It is clear that 12 g of vitamin C 1 kg is considered a dangerous dose for a person's health, and it is very difficult to do it, especially if you eat exclusively products rich in ascorbic acid. To drink such a number of tablets is also very difficult. Based on this, it can be concluded that the overdose of vitamin C is very difficult to do, almost impossible. And if it also take into account that this vitamin does not accumulate in the body and easily dissolve in water (and then easily displayed with the urine), then this once again proves that an overdose is practically impossible.
Compatible drugs and what else needs to know
Vitamin C is well absorbed along with preparations containing many caffeine, iron, folic acid and vitamin B12. Apply vitamin C in tablets or in liquid form is best not on an empty stomach. Optimal time for reception - 30 minutes after breakfast. Age, weight, and also for what the drug is needed, matters. So, for children, the daily rate is from 25 to 75 mg of the drug, for adults - the preventive dose ranging from 50 to 100 mg. If there is an intensive treatment, then the doctor independently, after a complete examination, prescribes high doses of vitamin C under constant control. Independently take the drug unsystematic, not recommended. As previously stipulated, the overdose of vitamin C is difficult to do, but still there is a certain health risk. High doses of the drug negatively affect the operation of the gastrointestinal tract, problems with digestion are possible (acid corrosive the walls of the stomach), does not exclude bloating, diarrhea and even convulsions. Remember this in order not to harm your health.