«Sleep like a baby» – the saying in which it says strong, healthy and «Sweet» dream. But, unfortunately, more than 20% of children of different ages face a variety of sleep disorders. Such problems may be temporary and insignificant, and may be the signs of serious diseases. But, be that as it may, such a phenomenon can no longer be ignored.
Different problems with sleep in a child may occur for various reasons and have a different character. And before moving towards treatment, you need to decide on nature «Sleepy» violations. To date, several varieties of pathological children's sleep, the main of them are known:
- Shuddering. In fact, this phenomenon is not considered a deviation and occurs very often not only in crumbs, but also in adults. But in the case of very frequent shudders, it is still worth contacting the neuropathologist, in order to eliminate the presence of such a terrible disease as epilepsy. But, mostly there is no reason for concern.
- Night fears. Nightmares – This is a rather strong and sudden psychomotor excitation of the nervous system, which is poured into the strongest feeling of fear, and sometimes panic. Most parents do not pay due attention to this phenomenon, but there is a reason for concern if it happens often. The peculiarity of the night fears is that, as a rule, the child is not able to wake up and adequately respond to the environment, and the Morning of the same. No child is insured against such sleep disorders. It should be emphasized that this phenomenon of treatment is practically not amenable to parents, mostly remains only to accept. Nightmalls pass to 12-13 years old.
- Bruxism – Pretty serious sleep breakdown in a child whose treatment is simply necessary. It represents the brine of teeth during sleep. Meets quite often and leads to serious problems not only with teeth. Bruxism contributes to an increase in blood pressure, change in the rhythm of breathing and heartbeat.
- Sleepwalking. A well-known phenomenon, but at the same time a little learned. Lunatism is a walk in a dream. This phenomenon is found quite rarely and can be a symptom of diseases such as night enclosure, the defeat of the central nervous system, epilepsy and disease of the urogenital system. In addition, such night adventures can lead to various injuries and bruises. When identifying Lunatism, the appeal to the doctor is required.
- Conversations in a dream – The most common phenomenon occurring in children of many different ages. It can only be a few words, and maybe a whole monologue. There is no reason for concern if it does not happen too often.
Most often, the above phenomena either do not require intervention, or is successfully treated under the supervision of a doctor. But nevertheless parents should be aware of situations when a visit to the doctor must be mandatory and immediate. So it is:
- Sleep impairment in infants who have not reached a year old.
- Any «Sleepy» Problems for more than 3 weeks.
- Sleep disorders accompanied by changes in mood and behavior.
- Changes in the rhythm of breathing during sleep;.
- Night incontinence of urine, that is, Enures.