Osteoarthritis of the knee is the most commonvariety of diseases. And this is not surprising, because the knee is subjected to heavy loads and often injured. Overweight, problems with heart, blood vessels, metabolic disorders and genetic defects inherent cartilage predisposes to the development of the disease. The pathological process begins with the degeneration of articular cartilage or injury, and gradually moves to the bone, the joint capsule, ligaments and muscles. At the very beginning, pain, stiffness in the joint, and later there is a characteristic crunch in joints, limited range of motion. The presence of fragments of cartilage in the joint cavity often leads to blockades and overgrowth of bone and joint space narrowing causes contractures. How to treat knee arthritis, to prevent the complete immobilization of articular joints? In this matter, not least the gym is removed, when the knee osteoarthritis is important to perform special exercises correctly and regularly.
Before you treat knee osteoarthritis, recall contraindications for employment:
- marked limitation of movement in the knee joint;
- the presence of pain in the joints, swelling, or redness;
- Body temperature over 37.5oFROM;
- acute infectious and acute diseases of internal organs;
- inguinal hernias and hernia of anterior abdominal wall - a contraindication for exercise in knee osteoarthritis;
- cardiovascular diseases such as heart failure, to treat knee osteoarthritis gymnastics in this case, is prohibited;
- the postoperative period;
- menstrual bleeding in women and metrorrhagia, blood loss may increase due to the exercise. If osteoarthritis of the knee should wait until the bleeding stops.
Starting position: lying on his stomach with legs straight, arms at your sides.
- Effort hamstring muscles and buttocks lift the straight leg at 15 cm from the floor and hold the canopy for 30 seconds. Then gently lower to the floor. Repeat with each leg 1 time.
- Repeat the exercise in dynamic form: raising and lowering the straight right hand and left leg 10-12 times. After each movement do not forget to completely relax the muscles of the legs. Remember not to put the cost of records, your goal is to increase blood flow to the extremities.
The second exercise is also performed lying on the floor on his stomach, arms extended along the body. One leg is straight, the other leg you need to bend the knee at a right angle.
- Slowly and smoothly due to back muscle strainthigh and buttocks lift the leg bent at the knee at 10 cm from the floor and hold it at the top for 30 seconds. Then lower your leg to the floor and completely relax your muscles. Repeat with each leg 1 time.
- Perform the exercise in the dynamic variant, raising and lowering each leg 10-12 times. At the top is delayed by 1-2 seconds, lowering his foot on the floor, completely relax your leg muscles.
This exercise is designed to physicallytrained people. Starting position formerly, legs straight. Try to lift both legs off the floor for 10-15 cm, spread his legs apart, and then pinch, repeat 8-10 times, slowly lower your legs to the floor.
Initial position: Lying on her side, one leg straight and the other bent at the knee. Straight leg must be raised off the floor and hold for 30 seconds, then lower and relax. Repeat on the other side, the other leg.
Starting position: sitting on a chair. Slowly straighten your leg and raise it to a possible height for you. Hold down weight on the leg for 30 seconds. Repeat 3 times for each leg.
Stand up straight, keeping hands on the backchair, slowly go up on your toes and hold in this position for a minute. Scroll down and relax. Then repeat the exercise in a dynamic form, rising on his toes and falling 10-15 times.
While standing straight and keeping hands on the backchair, lift your toes off the floor, leaning back on his heels, lock the position for a minute, then relax. Repeat the exercise in the dynamic version of 10-15 times.
Starting position the same. Walking with a roll of the foot from heel to toe for 1 minute.