Prevention of flat feet should take place onthroughout life, because this disease can begin both in early childhood and in adulthood. This can be connected both with the way of life (sedentary, standing type of activity), and with uncomfortable shoes - our reckoning for the benefits of civilization.
What is a flat?
It must be remembered that the flat - a disease of the musculoskeletal system, which is characterized by a decrease in the height of the foot arches and some deviation from the outside.
Flatfoot is divided into longitudinal, transverseor mixed, but as if it was not called, the disease affects the endurance, performance and mood. The foot is responsible for all our actions, and the center of gravity of the loss that occurs when flat feet, leads to disruption of the ability to withstand stress. In humans, the patient flat feet, often appear very unpleasant or painful sensations in the area of the foot and lower leg.
Causes of disease
Causes are varied: from excess weight (especially in children), injury and uncomfortable shoes, finishing with various diseases of the musculoskeletal system: paresis or paralysis of the plantar muscles of the foot or leg muscles.
Many have called one of the causes of the disease -heredity. However, it is not. No cases of flat feet, associated with hereditary transmission from parents in the world is from 3 to 10%. In fact, most often, the disease is rooted in childhood. That children are most susceptible to acquiring foot flat feet.
our site emphasizes that in childhoodflat with the help of long-term care can be defeated, but the adult - only relieve pain or prevent disease. If your activity is associated with prolonged standing, it is recommended to set foot in parallel, and the time did not forget the rest of the time. After a day do foot massage, rub them, as much as possible walk barefoot on the grass, earth, all sorts of irregularities.
As in adult life, as well as children not especially recommended to go on a firm, level floor.
It is important to engage young agethe prevention of this disease: the right kind shoes, gym, massage - it is easier to do prevention than a pound of cure. The easiest way - is to fully strengthen the body and give the child the opportunity to be active and mobile.
Remember, summer is best if the child is running barefoot on grass, sand and gravel. Indian scientists have proved that the barefoot childhood three times reduces the risk of developing flatfoot!
From infancy can not constrain the legs closesocks or sliders, you need to allow the muscle to move freely and to develop, preferably by the year did not wear shoes for a child. Do not pick up and put the child on its feet before he starts to do it yourself - you can cause irreparable harm. Let crawls, swims - the load most of its beneficial effect on the body.
To reduce the load on the foot and ensure that theircorrect formation, the child should not be restricted in movement and force him to stand next to you, give him the opportunity to move around as much as you want.
How to choose the right shoes?
It is very important in the prevention of the disease correctlymatched shoes for both children and adults. It is necessary to remember that all babies are born with flat feet, and their health depends on our knowledge and further action.
There are some general rules when choosing shoes for adults and children:
- skin only. Prefer quality footwear made of leather or a substitute or synthetic material does not provide adequate ventilation feet and skin respiration.
- Heel and a sock. For children, heel height should be about 0.5 cm for adult higher, but not very high heels, not to displace the center of gravity.
- Flexible sole. It shall be bent in the hands of the purchase and the more does not cause discomfort during walking. Remember, solid, not Fibre Composite sole is not spread, what would you have not promised to sellers.
Unacceptable for a child to be very loose, soand very close the shoe or sandals. Too short or narrow and restrict the movement of the joints of fingers, can lead to warping. Also shoes close slows blood flow, resulting in a rapid freezing of the legs and as a result - inflammatory kidney or bladder.
Needless to free the shoe leads to the fact that the child is spoiled gait and increased risk of ankle sprains.
Measurements of the baby's legs
To measure the length of the child's foot, it is necessaryto put it on a sheet of paper and outline the foot, then measure your foot from the line at the point of heels to the longest finger. It is necessary that the difference between the toes and the toe of his shoe was 1 cm. Measurements better shoot every 2-3 months.
The backdrop to the children's shoes should be stiff and heels up to 2 cm (at the rate with the sole height).
Exercises for prevention of flatfoot
Children developed games with elementsGymnastics stop, which include such exercises as walking on heels, on tiptoes, on both sides of the foot, jumping in place and getting up on his toes, etc. It is very useful for prevention of the disease to hold water treatments, which will also create and tonic effect.. .
Exercise is meant for adults, and the treatment and prevention of disease. All complexes are very similar and are performed barefoot. We offer you a set of exercises performed in a sitting position:
- Several times bend and straighten the toes.
- The big toe hold on the front of the lower leg from the bottom up and top down. Do with both feet.
- 20 times to raise the foot on your toes.
- The same hold with heels - to raise them 20 times.
- At the same time raise the toe of one foot and the heel of the other, at a fast pace to change feet. Exercise is carried out 20 times.
- Keeping his feet on the floor, dilute the socks, then a foot, making 8 steps forward. Then also slowly return back.
- Take a gymnastic stick or, in extreme cases, the bottle and the average pace, keeping feet on it, roll it back and forth for about two minutes.
- Take a medium-sized rubber ball and roll it between your feet, trying not to tear off feet from him. Exercise perform about two minutes.
- Bent fingers, not looking up from the floor with your fingers, slide the heel forward. Make 8 small steps and go back. The pace is not fast.
- Put one foot on the other knee and foot make a circular motion 10 times clockwise and 10 times counterclockwise. Then change legs.
- The next exercise is done standing up. You need to walk around the room as follows: bending your fingers under yourself, then, without unbending, walk on the inside and then on the outside of the foot, on the heels and on toes. Each exercise takes about 30 seconds at an average pace.
These exercises are convenient in that most of them can be performed directly at the workplace. Thus, you can prevent the disease and reduce pain in the feet and lower leg.