Varieties of yeast infection in men
our site has identified three main types of candidiasis, which can manifest itself in the stronger sex. So, men may suffer the following types of infection:
- candidiasis of the external genitalia;
- infections of the oral cavity;
- skin thrush.
There are other, less common, butmore dangerous types of infections. They appear if the pathogenic fungi into the blood and are carried throughout the body, affecting internal organs. The probability of occurrence of such problems in healthy people is almost zero, which is not true of a severely immunocompromised people.
Causes of thrush
In some cases, about 10% of men, thrush are asymptomatic and do not express themselves. But often a fungal infection manifests itself in the form of the following signs:
- Inflammation of the glans, accompanied by swelling and redness.
- Painful sensations that occur during sexual intercourse and during ejaculation.
- Feeling a burning sensation when urinating.
- The appearance of genital white-yellow plaque, which has a characteristic sour smell.
Possible complications of candidiasis
If left untreated yeast with the advent ofher first symptoms, the disease can pass from the skin to the internal organs in a short time. Complications candidiasis male genitalia include:
- Candida urethritis. This condition is characterized by lesions of the urethra fungi Candida. In addition to the common symptoms of yeast infection, the disease is accompanied by frequent urination, pain and burning sensation in the urethra, blood in the urine or mucus. When Candida urethritis men can watch the morning discharge from the penis. These secretions are thick goo with an unpleasant odor.
- Candida pielotsistit - another dangerouscomplication of thrush, where the fungus affects the kidneys and bladder. This condition is expressed pain in the named organs, fever, weakness, malaise, cutting pain when urinating.
These diseases require immediate treatment to the doctor.
Treatment of thrush in men
Effectively cure candidiasis and avoidfurther relapses help complex therapy, which includes funds for local use, as well as oral medications. For topical medicines include such creams and ointments:
thrush treatment will be more effective ifoptional course on drink tablets from candidiasis. The most common treatment for these diseases is Fluconazole. It neutralizes special enzymes that are necessary for life Candida fungi.
Note that engage in self ratherdangerous because the disease can become chronic. Assign effective therapy can be a doctor, so if you have symptoms of thrush, contact the clinic.
Prevention of disease
The main measures are the prevention of candidiasis:
- Compliance with the rules of personal hygiene. It involves regular bathing or showering, and washing your hands before every visit to the toilet, and after the completion of this process.
- Maintaining a healthy microflora and stomachintestine. This means that if you, for whatever reason, are forced to take antibiotics at the same time they should drink special medication to prevent dysbiosis.
- Proper nutrition. Fungi are particularly active in developing those people who in large quantities eat carbohydrates. These products include sweets, bread, pasta, potatoes.
- Synthetic underwear increases the risk of thrush, it is recommended to wear a body-worn garments, created from natural fabrics: cotton, linen.