The origins of ancient times
Childbirth in the upright position initiallyThey practiced in folk and tribal communities in Australia, Africa and America. It also resorted to this method mothers in Central Asia, the Far North, the Middle East and China. A few centuries later the rumor about the safety and comfort of upright delivery reached up to the European countries. Thus, the medieval doctors practiced technique in the squatting position, standing on his knees, and even invented a special tool designed to ease the process - a chair with a recess in the seat, where the doctor "catch" the baby.
However, this technique among the Slavic peoplesIt has also been known, though not widely used. Women give birth sitting or standing, leaning on a chair. And only in the XVIII century, doctors "put" for pregnant women, because the horizontal position more comfortable for obstetrician manipulation. Despite the popularity of a bygone, many mothers in Sweden, Germany, Finland, the Netherlands and other European countries still tend to manifest in the light of the baby in a vertical position. MirCovetov talk about the main nuances of this process.
Why choose vertical birth?
the following advantages of this technique should be emphasized that a woman in labor can be noted:
- reducing the intensity of pain, as well as comfort in transferring labor;
- reducing not only the intensity but also the duration of contractions due to the fact that the cervix opens faster;
- attempts are much smoother and easier to fetal head passes through the birth canal;
- on average, the process takes 2-3 hours to less conventional delivery;
- low sensitivity to the struggles to minimize intake of painkillers;
- because the uterus is not pinched by the lower genital vein, reducing the risk of fetal hypoxia 1 and 2 stages of labor;
- significantly reduced blood loss during childbirth;
- vertical position conducive to greater elasticity of tissues, thereby not required to cut the perineum, and reduces the risk of fractures;
- process control reduces the stress factor for the mother;
- you can safely engage in the process of her husband, because all the unsightly visual details are not so obvious;
- the number of obstetric manipulation is also reduced to a minimum.
For a child the benefits of vertical delivery is as follows:
- less painful and a smooth transition from the generictract causes such features: improved performance Apgar scores, low susceptibility to neurological syndromes, good dynamics of weight gain and lead peers in psychomotor development;
- lower risk of injuries and oxygen deprivation;
- low stress factor at birth.
Disadvantages vertical delivery
Despite the temptation of such a method of childbirth, you should consider a number of shortcomings, which can spoil the appearance of the baby in the process of light:
- Vertical childbirth constitute an obstacle tomidwifery staff and medical staff as to monitor the process of fetal movement becomes very difficult. It also becomes difficult to control the heartbeat of the fetus, which is necessary to listen between the vain attempts.
- When this technique is unacceptable to use birth epidural anesthesiaBecause it violates the motor skills and sensitivity mothers legs. And accordingly, it can not stand.
- When the pathological structure of the pelvic organs may be deep gaps, while medical intervention is impossible.
Contraindications to the vertical childbirth
Undoubtedly, the decision of one form or anotherdelivery can not be based only on the wishes of the pregnant woman. The last word is always a doctor, which is based on medical indications and will be able to assign the optimal method of delivery. The specialists distinguish the following number of contraindications to the vertical birth: