The principle of the reaction
The general sense of the word, allergy - A hypersensitive reaction to ourorganism to repeated actions of the foreign allergen. When exposed to the skin or mucosa of human proteins which are typical only for cats, the immune system begins to deal with the material available to it.
If a person is completely healthy, it neutralizes the effect of the immunity of the foreign protein microphages fabric that absorb animal antigen and "digested" within themselves.
In contrast, the immune system in the bodya sensitive person takes a different solution, starting to produce their own antibodies. Thus, when the secondary contact stimulus, they become a trigger for allergic reactions. Combining with immunoglobulin protein of feline body begins to form specific complexes which damage human tissue. Mast cells release histamine into the extracellular space, than provoke the appearance of typical allergy symptoms - watery eyes, itching, swelling and sneezing. MirCovetov tell his readers about possible ways of dealing with this unpleasant disease.
Typically, in the treatment of allergy to cats is assigned a standard drug therapy. Your doctor may recommend the use of such methods:
- The reception of antihistamine drugs,designed to neutralize the effect of chemical irritants. Some are sold without medical prescription, such as Claritin, Benadryl, Diazolin, and need to buy other written recommendation of the doctor - Suprastin, Tavegil or Tsirtek. In addition, there are forms of preparations, which are produced in the form of a spray, such as Astelin.
- Decongestant preparations character - focusedto eliminate swelling of the mucous membranes and stagnation sputum. Among such drugs can be identified Sudafed and Allegra-D, the latter of which is available on medical prescription.
- Other medications, whose action contributes toalleviating the symptoms of asthmatic nature. The most traditional tools include steroid spray Nasonex, Avekort, Silkaren or Flonaz. For their acquisition will also need the direction of the physician.
What to do if you are allergic started?
The occurrence of allergic reactions to catoften becomes an unexpected and unpleasant surprise. In order not to expose themselves to the risk of development of the clinical picture, it is recommended to follow these actions:
- Try to make contact with the cat to a minimum, and if possible, resettled him in a separate room, outbuilding or private courtyard.
- Do not touch the pets at a party or on the street, because even the shortest contact can become a trigger for the development of allergy in all its glory.
- Try to limit close contact with people in the house who lives a fluffy stimulus, because clothes will always be skin cells, saliva or pet fur.
- If you are going to stay a few days inroom, which contains a cat, ask the hosts for 6-7 days before the visit, not to indulge in an animal intended for an overnight room and wash linens.
If the cat stays at home
Theoretically quite clear how beginsallergies and what to blame. However, what if the reaction began to develop after years of detention at home furry pet? To do this, there are a few recommendations:
- Entrust care and pet care for other family members;
- try to limit the cat access to those rooms that you use often, and most importantly - do not let into the bedroom;
- do wet cleaning every day, followed by a thorough airing;
- remove from the floor and wall carpets, thick curtains and other textiles, which is the main drive of the allergen.
These measures will help onlyIf an allergy is weak and practically does not disturb the patient. However, the deterioration of the patient's condition, still have to get rid of the pet, as the further development of the reaction can seriously affect the health and lead to irreversible consequences.