Man feels fine, but suddenly itbreathing difficult, he feels tightness in the chest, and then there is a characteristic whistling during exhalation. This is not a description of a fragment of a thriller, as a typical example of an attack of bronchial asthma - a disease from which only in our country suffer from 5,6-12,1% of children and adults 5,6-7,3%.
A little about asthma and its causes
Bronchial asthma is called chronicinflammation of the airways, the bronchi where excessively narrowed in response to various stimuli. This causes shortness of breath and wheezing characteristic. In children, the first asthma attacks are usually fixed at the age of 0.5-5 years, and adults - 27-30 years. If the disease is manifested as a child, the child has a good chance to "outgrow" the disease.
To name a clear cause of asthma is difficult. Modern scholars believe that this disease is caused by a complex of factors. They all can be divided into two groups: external and internal.
The internal, that is, characteristics of the organism are:
- Genetic predisposition. If one or both parents have asthma, the chances of the birth of the child, prone to the disease are very high.
- Obesity. Obesity contributes to the development of asthma.
- Floor. Among children under 14 years the number of asthma-boys 2 times the number of asmatikov-girls. In adults, the opposite is true: asthma often affects women than men. The explanation for this pattern, scientists have not yet found.
External factors play an important role inthe development of the disease. That is why representatives of some professions (bakers, painters, agricultural workers, welders, persons engaged in the production of plastics, food, meat processing) are at increased risk of asthma. Moreover, the share of "professional" Asthma accounts for 10% of all cases of the disease in adulthood. The main external factors that play a role in the occurrence of asthma are:
- allergies and regular contact with the allergen;
- frequent respiratory infections;
- smoking tobacco;
- work with materials that contribute to the development of asthma: wood dust, food, urine, animals, feathers, latex, formaldehyde, platinum salts, vanadium, nickel, etc .;
- Stock workplace mites, fungi of the genus Aspergillus, pollen;
- life in air pollution;
- artificial feeding of children, the lack in the diet of fruits, vegetables and fatty fish.
Symptoms of asthma
The disease manifests itself in the form of attacks. They may be very rare (1-2 times per year), and may occur regularly, particularly in constant contact with a particular stimulus. When asthma symptoms are quite typical:
- increased chest;
- when listening to the lungs - wheezing;
Cough cough at the form of asthma - the main and sometimes the only symptom. Usually it is accompanied by phlegm. A characteristic feature of the cough - increased at night.
It is important to trace the emergence of a patternsymptoms. This will help the doctor not only in the formulation of the correct diagnosis, and prompt variants of the disease prevention. For example, you may notice that the child has asthma symptoms manifest themselves after visiting a classmate, who lives a cat. Or aggravation begins after wiping off the dust. It is not difficult to conclude that the cat and dust - it triggers. Symptoms of asthma in children often occur 5-10 minutes after exercise, and after 30-45 minutes they disappear on their own.