How to treat osteoarthritis of the knee? Gonarthrosis Therapy - the process time-consuming, patients are treated as outpatients, hospitalization is required for turbulent flow synovitis and for surgery.
Basic principles of treatment of deforming arthrosis of the knee joint
- Load Restriction on the affected joint,reduction in walking distance, giving up carrying heavy loads and changing jobs, if it provides an increased load on the legs. Osteoarthritis of the knee joint of the third degree involves 2 designation disability.
- Observance of orthopedic regime is implemented with the help of crutches, unloading the affected joint.
- Exercise therapy for the treatment of osteoarthritis, prevention of contractures and increase joint mobility.
- The use of physiotherapy techniques.
- Drug therapy, including the intra-articular injection of drugs.
- Surgical intervention toprevent the further development of osteoarthritis in the initial stages, as a treatment for osteoarthritis of the knee and the way to restore limb function during the last degree of osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Spa therapy as prevention and treatment of deforming arthrosis of the knee joint.
The emergence of pain in the joint when the load naturallyleads to inactivity, the patient begins to spare the limb - begins atrophy of muscles and ligaments, causing the joint to move. Of course, in the "prosperity" of synovitis, edema, and persistent pain in the joint of the physical education can not be considered. But after 3-5 days once subside inflammation, to treat osteoarthritis of the knee joint is necessary, including in physical training, and they need not depend on the severity of osteoarthritis of the knee, the degree of development of the pathological process.
The patient must understand that the affected jointto live and work, and an increase in dosage of physical activity, in turn, positively affect the course of osteoarthritis of the knee. Degree mobility disorders, the level of destruction of the process stage, age, physical readiness of the patient - all taken into account in the preparation of complex physical therapy, but a guarantee of success is self-motivation and the implementation of the recommendations of exercise therapy doctor.
Physiotherapy with osteoarthritis of the kneeprovides an effective, but at the same time safe for the patient and the mode of exercise. In the initial stages of osteoarthritis may be intense load, then permissible to use and support the use of passive movements of the limbs. In any case, with osteoarthritis of the knee joint physiotherapy aims not only to restore joint mobility, increase range of motion, muscle strength and endurance, but also the stimulation of blood circulation in the area of the knee, improve tissue trophism.
Before the question was not how to treat arthritisknee joints. And hormonal active gold-administered drugs, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents. Today, drug therapy has lost the leading position, but still finds its application.
For relief of pain in the joint usenonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents, they reduce the phenomenon synovitis. In marked inflammation of the synovial membrane in the presence of severe pain, joint effusion, its swelling is used intra-articular injection of corticosteroids.
To maintain metabolism and cartilageimprove joint function hondromoduliruyuschey resorted to therapy and drugs intended hondropotektorov with chondroitin and glucosamine necessary for cartilage repair. These drugs are indicated if diagnosed early arthrosis of the knee joint. The degree of development of the pathological process allow you to restore the power of the cartilage, thus preventing further progression of the disease.
Intramuscular prescribe drugs, stimulantcomponents of cartilage tissue formation, reducing the activity of enzymes involved in the destruction of cartilage. Inside the joint administered hyaluronic acid involved in the synthesis of glycosaminoglycans.
- Intra-oxygenation, providing the delivery of oxygen and activation of metabolism in joint tissues, joint unloading by stretching his capsule.
- Laser therapy - is both an analgesic and anti-inflammatory medication, stimulant in the treatment of deforming arthrosis of the knee joint.
- Decompression metaepiphysis and intraosseous blockade - invasive technique allowing to restore blood circulation in the area of the pineal gland and improve cartilage nutrition.