Boric acid is part of many medical drugs, having anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effects. The drug is exceptionally outdoor use, used in the compartments of the surgical profile for cleansing, healing and processing wound surfaces. Price and chemical properties make the drug most common antiseptic, allowing you to successfully deal with wound infection and skin problems.
Substance — boric acid
Boric acid substance — powder without taste, odor, does not have an irritant action, has a crystal structure of white or can be colorless. Refers to a group of physical effects, it is obtained with a sulfuric acid reaction with a drill solution. Penetrating the body through the skin, enters the blood, accumulating in the tissues and organs. 50% is excreted by the kidneys within 12 hours, part «Sets», The rest goes gradually for 7 days. Store boric acid crystals in a dry dark place at 15-25°WITH.
Drugs with boric acid
Boric acid has many forms of medicines, both in its pure form and as part of other drugs. The most demanded forms of application:
- A solution of boric acid on alcohol ethyl basis 0.5-5%. Boric alcohol solution is used for:
- processing healthy skin around the burn;
- Installing in the ears, impregnation of gauze turgund in chronic otitis (from 0.5 to 3%);
- cracked and dry skin (5%);
- PIODERMIA (USAUBLOVICY RESIC);
- fungal lesions.
A water-based boric solution is used:
- 1-4% — as a bullset;
- 2% — For rubbing skin at acne;
- 2-4% — for rinsery of rotogling, washing (installations) of urethra;
- 10% Boric acid in the glycerin solution used in diallos, early proleells, irritation of the mucous membrane of the uterus and vagina.
Boric acid is part of Teimurov's paste, indispensable in diallos, high sweating — hypergidrosis — as disinfector and dryer.
Side Effects of Boric Acid in Medicine
Boric acid preparations in medicine have possible side effects:
- Inxication: Acute flow is striking brain, leather and mucous, chronic — Sex cells and red blood cells;
- Itching, burning, exterior redness of the auditory passage, allergy;
- When taking inside — nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, skin rashes, stomach pain, disorder of all systems, collapse and shock, within 7 days — death.
Boric acid has a list of contraindications. It is forbidden to use:
- on extensive areas of leather;
- more than 7 days;
- With the danger of eye entry;
- with perforations in the eardrum;
- Pregnant women — Even a small dose of the preparation with boric acid causes various pathology of the fetus;
- with renal failure;
- when breastfeeding;