As a rule, osteochondrosis affects the cervical, chest and lumbar spine. This time, the MPsovtsov proposes to talk about the treatment and prevention of the cervical osteochondrosis, which in its prevalence is inferior only Osteochondrosis of the lumbar department.
Causes of the occurrence of cervical osteochondrosis
The cervical osteochondrosis is a chronic disease, which is characterized by degenerative dystrophic changes in the cervical spine. And it develops as a result of changes in blood composition and, actually, circulatory disorders. It is known that the human neck consists of seven verteons and even a small displacement of one of them can lead to a spa vertebral artery, because quite a lot of blood vessels and nerve endings are concentrated in the cervical.
The main prerequisites for the development of the cervical osteochondrosis are:
- The absence of adequate physical activity, as a result of which the body is exposed to stagnant phenomena. After all «sedentary» Lifestyle allows the body to accumulate salts that are usually distributed between bone and muscle tissue. And they are shortened, as a rule, in places, prone to the smallest activity (neck, kidney and liver). Therefore, if you have been diagnosed with osteochondrosis of the cervical spine will not be superfluous to make ultrasound studies of the kidneys and gallbladder, because there is a possibility that sediments in the form of stones may form in these organs.
- Smoking, which has property to break metabolism and slow down the rehabilitation processes in the body.
- Hereditary predisposition to cervical osteochondrosis. Be alert if in your family someone suffers from this ailment.
- Pregnancy. During this period, the body is exposed to hormones and exposed to a lack of useful substances. In addition, posture changes, due to the load on the lumbar spine, and this in turn can lead to problems in other parts of its departments (including cervical). Therefore, each future mommy should perform a set of exercises (after having coordinated him with a doctor who observed pregnancy) and, of course, to carefully monitor the diet.
Symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis
- Medicia treatment. With the help of medical preparations, you can remove inflammation (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed), reduce pain (recommended analgesics), as well as restore metabolic processes in the affected osteochondrosis neck. In addition, masses are almost always prescribed for outdoor use, designed to stimulate tissue regeneration and anesthetize.
- Not medication is carried out, given the stage of the disease. Bed regime recommends at the acute stage, and the bed must be equipped with the most rigid mattress. If the nerve is pinned, the cervical vertebrae is pulled out with the help of a glisson loop. It looks like this: the patient's head is fixed with a special loop, and then raise the headboard for 25-30 centimeters. As a result of this procedure, the vertebrates of vertebrates and ligaments occur, which helps to release the pinched nerve endings and blood vessels.
- Physiotherapy Wonderful the fact that all the procedures conducted have a direct impact on the hearth disease and do not affect neighboring organs. Here are some physiotherapy procedures that can be assigned:
- Electrophoresis - introduction of painkillers using electric current;
- Ultrasound - a peculiar massage that activates metabolic processes in tissues and has an anti-inflammatory effect;
- Magnetotherapy - removes inflammation and pain relief due to the use of an alternating or permanent magnetic field;
- vibration effect on the cervical spine with a belt vibrator;
- Deternal therapy. This procedure allows you to normalize muscle tone and has a relaxing effect. Its essence is that the spine is drawn under the influence of the weight of the human body;
- Laser therapy - a variety of phototherapy (on the affected area affects the monochromatic light). With it, they remove inflammation in the tissues;
- Therapeutic physical culture and massages can be used both in the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, and for the prevention of its occurrence. In the initial stages of the disease of enough common gymnastics and massage. If the disease «Running», then experts will select a set of exercises for each case individually.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis at home
If you are diagnosed «Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine» and appointed adequate treatment, then you, of course, will fulfill all the recommendations of the doctors. But sometimes they themselves advise themselves to resort to traditional medicine, because osteochondrosis is a disease requiring continuous and diverse treatment. As a rule, at home can be done:
- Samomassage. Will help relax muscles and improve blood circulation in the spine. But it is important to remember that all movements should be easy, you do not need to do excessive effort. It should be performed solely with the help of the center to the periphery from top to bottom. By the way, strengthen the effect of home massage will help regular visits to the pool.
- Compresses. For example, you can bake a rye pellet on the water, cool it a little and apply to the neck, fixing with a dense cloth. Either make a decoction of burdock (2 st. L. on 500 ml of water), moisten in it a towel and attach to a sick neck, and then wrap it with cellophane and wrapped with a warm scarf (or scarf). After 20 minutes, the compress must be removed and again wrapped in the neck of anything warm. These methods are valuable because they came to us from those times when people had to deal with diseases independently.
- Rubbing Indian bow. It is recommended to trim with its help affected neck (do it best before bedtime). In this way, in folk medicine, they fought with pain, if she did not subside at all, it certainly became less noticeable.
Proper nutrition in osteochondrosis
It must be said that in the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis, in addition to all of the above, it is necessary to remember the proper nutrition. To begin with, exclude coffee, which is known to wash out calcium, potassium and many other, very necessary organisms of substances (if you are not able to completely abandon coffee, then turn on as many products containing these trace elements in your diet). It is also worth a minimum consumption of flour products, salts and sugar (it can be replaced with honey or jam, since boiled sugar is much more useful).
Remember that you need to use as much vegetables as possible (it can be salads, fastened with sunflower or olive oil), drink fresh juices that are better to prepare independently.
Private place are occupied by proteins (both animal and vegetable origin), because they should be present daily in a human diet suffering from osteochondrosis. As is known, the greatest amount of animal protein is contained in meat, fish and dairy products, and vegetable - in mushrooms, nuts, seeds, and, of course, legume cultures.
There is an opinion that when osteochondrosis it is worth completely abandoning fats, but this is a mistake. In small quantities, they must be present in the menu necessarily (both animals and vegetable).
Summing up, our site notes that the diet with osteochondrosis does not have any features or restrictions. It is more likely to be called the right nutrition, which is equally useful for everyone without exception.
And remember: osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, as well as other chronic diseases, does not develop instantly! Therefore, listen to my feelings very carefully, because the initial treatment will help to avoid disastrous consequences.