Increasingly, doctors put gastroenterologistsappealed to them to patients diagnosed - polyps in the stomach. The disease is found in children, adolescents, and to a greater extent - for those who have reached the age of 40-50 years. If you or family members has not spared this disease, then this article may be helpful. Our site will tell what are polyps, they are dangerous and how to cure them.
What are polyps, their causes
Doctors call polyps tumors on the stem,arising on the walls of a hollow organ and hanging in its lumen. According to some sources, the term was first introduced by Hippocrates, according to others - Galen. This is how two parts of this word can be translated from Greek: poli - a lot and pus - a leg, literally - a millipede. They are referred to as benign formations. Most often, the causes of these growths are malformations of the gastric mucosa, its constant inflammation (gastritis) of atrophy and hyperplasia, as well as a hereditary predisposition.
Types of polyps and their description
The most common adenomatous polyps -insidious education, growing up on the mucous membrane (at the point of atrophy) and containing in its structure glandular tissue. They are dangerous in that they can be subjected to regeneration in malignant (cancerous) tumor. This process of rebirth called malignancy. Such has the polyp body and leg and is similar in appearance to fungus or hanging berry. If the foot rubs, the polyps can bleed and then vomit blood and stool becomes dark. But not all polyps have legs.
Hyperplastic polyps - growths it,rising on a broad basis over the mucous layer of the stomach and like a wart. Such formations occur in chronic gastritis - inflammation, which are kept in a state of neglect and do not cure.
In quantitative terms, these educationdivided into single and multiple. Sometimes polyps grow by tens, then the diagnosis - polyposis. Polyps may be small, the size of a grain of millet, and sometimes reach the size of chicken eggs. The rounded, spherical, oval, papilliform, acinar-coated fibers and resemble cauliflower - they are called papillomas, here they most often degenerate into cancer. Color also can be different - from shades of gray to pink.
Hypertrophic forms occur in young people, but adenomatous characteristic of middle and old age.
Separate and distinct symptoms of the diseaseno. Most polyps are masked by other diseases, such as gastritis. The symptoms of gastritis - heartburn, feeling of heaviness in the stomach, belching air and food, pain, nausea, unstable chair, unpleasant smell from the mouth. Many lost appetite and decrease body weight. The decreased blood hemoglobin and erythrocytes.
Diagnosis is made after research - X-ray and gastroscopy.
If not manifest intensive polyp growth,possible to postpone surgery. But twice a year to visit the doctor and be screened mucous layer of the stomach, called fibrogastroscopy.
Recommendations on diet
The first step is to establish a proper diet, and stick to a diet, then slow down the growth of polyps, or they disappear altogether.
- Eliminate from the daily diet is very salty or overly spicy food, alcohol, pickles, smoked foods, strong tea and coffee.
- Preference is given to food boiled, not fried.
- Eat smaller portions, but several times a day.
- Do not rush while eating, chew food.
- Keep an eye on the condition of the teeth, timely treatand spend prosthetics. Gastroenterologists have noticed that almost 99% of patients suffering from atrophic gastritis, there are no teeth or overwhelmed caries. Hence, in many oral microbes, which come from food and the stomach, consigning its suffering.
- Do not eat through force, if there is no appetite, so the stomach is not a sufficient amount of acid required for cleavage and digestion of food. However, water and juice at this time should be drunk.
- Daily eat viburnum berries. Of course, many do not like it a bitter taste. But if you eat about half of a large cup of berries a day, can cure atrophic gastritis and polyps without surgery. You can squeeze the juice from the berries and drink 0.5 cups twice - in the morning and in the evening before bedtime. If you wish to add the honey, sugar or boiled water. Kalina kept well in the freezer. The same effect has the juice and sea buckthorn. Oil can be purchased in a pharmacy or prepared at home. Domestic oil is even more effective. Take teaspoon of sea buckthorn oil 3 times a day 20 minutes before meals.
- It considered very useful cabbage juice, especially -hyperplastic polyps. Cabbage will reduce the symptoms of gastritis, heal mucosal layer of the stomach, and then polyps disappear. If there is a juicer can be a long time to chew each spoonful of cabbage salad.
- Do not forget to eat hazelnuts, it improves the functioning of the stomach and intestines.
When hyperplastic polyp, it is sufficientcure gastritis that this education has disappeared and no longer appear. But adenomatous polyps need to try to cure a variety of means. If the physician still recommend surgical removal, then it should be carried out preventive treatment with herbs courses to these uninvited "guests" are no longer settled in the stomach.
Folk remedies to get rid of the polyps
That's what today herbalists recommend for treatment.
- The most important tool in the fight with polyps - celandine.
Infusions, juice, tincture of herbs thatremarkable plant is prescribed not only for polyps, but also in a variety of tumors, gastritis, ulcerative processes. Celandine has anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and anti-tumor effect cauterizing. Here is one of the infusion recipe: take a teaspoon of herb celandine, pour into a jar or a thermos, pour cup of boiling water, cover. Wraps. After 6 hours, the resulting strain can be a cure. Three times a day to drink a third cup for 30 minutes before each meal. 5 days to treat, following 5 days - rest. It is necessary to carry out 4 such courses. If during the first five days of feeling good, without side effects, the following three courses can increase the dose of herbs when brewed up to 2 teaspoons.
Attention! Dermatologic celandine should be with caution, observing the dosage and under doctor supervision. If the body is intoxicated, may appear thirst, dizziness, pain in the stomach. Be sure to monitor the pressure, if you gipotonik.
The appearance of polyps is a signal that not everything is in order with the body. Regularly cleanse toxins, harmful substances and eat properly.
Operations to remove polyps
Polypectomy - technique of endoscopic removal of polyps. No incision is not made, only modern gastroscope. With the help of a special loop polyp is cut mechanically.
Polypectomy, which is still performedelectrocoagulation of the base of the polyp using a diathermic loop or biopsy forceps. An endoscope is used, thanks to which a biopsy can also be done (take a polyp cell for morphological analysis). The procedure is performed in the morning, on an empty stomach. The patient is previously anesthetized with pharynx and pharynx. Most often, the patient is placed on the operating table on the left side of the body, he is asked to bend his knees. In some cases, a back position is possible. Modern fibroendoscopes allow you to thoroughly and thoroughly study the condition of the mucous membrane of the esophagus, stomach before surgery and use a high-tech method to eliminate the polyp in a gentle manner. Advanced medical centers use the latest dual-channel fibroendoscopes to facilitate the removal of polyps.
After the procedure, the patient needs a special diet that includes liquid and puree food as gastric mucosa traumatized.
Wound tissue derived from 10 to 60 days. Control examination after stomach-sparing surgery is carried out in 10-14 days. Later visits to the doctor and do gastropically inspections should be 3 months after the removal of the polyp and then - 1 every 6 months, as relapses and new polyps.
Surgical polypectomy (excision of a piece ofmucosal tissue) is shown only in those cases where current methods can not perform because of technical reasons, or are contraindicated.
If it turns out that a polyp has malignant cells, gastrectomy is performed, implying a partial or total removal of the stomach.
MirSovetov reminds his readers - notneglect the advice of doctors and modern medical examinations and achievements. An experienced doctor will tell you which method of treatment appropriate to the patient - online or folk remedies. In all cases, we need an individual approach. To protect your health.