Life is motion. It is very nice when the movement does not interfere. However, it so happened that he Arrange life can lead to the disruption of movement.
From childhood, we are not listening to parents and teachers,Slouching and wrong sitting at a desk. In addition to desks training sessions are not always well matched. We refuse to engage in sports or, conversely, to perform complex exercise, do not observe the regime of work and rest. What's really nothing to say, if the time dictates its own rules, and most of the time we spend on the computer and forget to take breaks.
And when we observe that our spine that something is wrong, do not hurry to go to the doctor, waiting for the deterioration.
Our site offers an article about a condition called scoliosis, about the causes and types of scoliosis, prevention and treatment of this disease.
What is scoliosis?
The spine consists of vertebrae, and herethey in turn are interleaved with the disks. And before we talk about the disease, let's deal with the norm. So, in normal human spine has physiological curvature of the following:
- Bend forward in the cervical spine (cervical lordosis).
- Bend forward at the lumbar spine (lumbar lordosis).
- Bend back in the thoracic spine (thoracic kyphosis).
- Bending back to sacral (sacral kyphosis).
If at least one link of the deformation occurred,we have a pathological distortion, and with it also the asymmetry of muscle tissue. This in turn leads to uneven volume, and has a negative effect on internal organs paired.
It should be noted that any deformation of the spine can cause serious disorders in various organs and systems, because our body - is one big system in which everything is interconnected.
Scoliosis - a curvature of the spine to the left or to the right (with respect to the frontal plane is), appearing mainly at a young age and progresses as the body's growth.
There are simple scoliosis (With one bend, C-shaped), and complex scoliosis (With multiple bends in different directions, S-shaped).
Depending on the age at which the bending occurs is isolated infantile scoliosis (Children up to three years) juvenile scoliosis (From three to ten years), adolescence (diagnosed 10-15 years) adult scoliosis (After termination of the growth of the spine).
Causes of scoliosis
Cause of scoliosis are a variety of factors:
- Dysplasia of the hip joints and torticollis in grudnichkovom age.
- Incorrect posture (slouching, wearing a backpack on one shoulder).
- Rickets (due to the underdevelopment of the musculo-ligamentous apparatus).
- Sciatica (scoliosis neurogenic etiology).
- Rare physical training or exercise properly organized (especially during the growth of the spine).
- Age-related changes and various injuries.
There are also idiopathic scoliosis, withcurvature of the spine that cause is not clear (in 80% of cases). Idiopathic scoliosis occurs in most cases in the accelerated phase of skeletal growth. This type of scoliosis seen in girls 5-6 times more often than boys.
As it is known, to treat any disease easierknowing the cause. However, in the case of scoliosis, knowing the common causes of this disease, it is easier to warn him, as it is often difficult to establish the origin of the scoliosis.
How to recognize scoliosis?
If you suspect that a scoliosis develops inyour child observe pose posture typical for him (in a relaxed position). If you suspect scoliosis at, examine you ask another adult who can help you to establish the presence or absence of scoliosis you for further listed grounds.
However, how would you not love to go to the doctors inIf you are concerned about the presence of scoliosis, encourages MipSovetov yet to see a doctor. The therapist, neurologist or trauma will examine your spine, and if necessary, make further X-ray diffraction (it allows you to accurately determine the degree of curvature of the spine).
So, select the main symptoms of scoliosis.
- In the standing position:
- seen from the back - the apparent curvature of the spine to the side. When viewed from the side - forward bending of the spine (called lordozny scoliosis) and back (kyphoscoliosis);
- different sizes of the blade, the asymmetry (at different levels);
- shoulders protrude forward;
- different levels of shoulder position;
- when stooping (leg not bent at the knees) is determined by the curvature of the costal arches;
- asymmetrical arrangement of muscles in the neck and back;
- recognize the shape of the waist to the right and to the left;
- In the prone position (head on the chin, "at attention" arms):
- the presence of the convex muscles of the back, shoulder blades, ribs;
- the asymmetry of the buttocks;
- feet in length are different (possible different amounts from different sides of the thigh);
- it is also possible the presence of flat feet;
- In the supine position:
- chest deformity;
- knee joints are located at different levels;
- shoulders bulge forward.
Scoliosis is classified by severity, of which the first is not always visible "to the naked eye," and it is best to do an x-ray of the spine.
Severity of scoliosis and signs
signs scoliosis I degree relate:
- Taken shoulders.
- From the curvature of the shoulder above the other.
- The lowered position of the head.
- Asymmetry waist.
- Chance of vertebral rotation around the vertical axis.
Determined curving arc as follows: patient leans forward and note the arc on the spinous processes or brilliant green felt-tip pen, as when straightening curvature unnoticed. If you do an x-ray of the spine, and the picture will be seen bending at an angle of 5-10 degrees, then you have a small scoliosis (I degree).
signs scoliosis II degree relate:
- The vertebrae are rotated about a vertical axis (SARS).
- The contours of the neck and waist asymmetrical triangle.
- Omission of the pelvis on the side of the curvature.
- The presence of muscle in the lumbar cushion by the curvature, and in breast - diverticulum.
Determined bending in any position of the body. On radiographs fixed bending angle of 11-30 degrees.
signs scoliosis III degree relate:
- vertebral rotation about a vertical axis is strongly expressed.
- Pronounced absolutely all the signs of scoliosis II degree.
- There is a rib hump.
- Perhaps ceasing to rib.
- The front rib arc bulge.
- Loose stomach muscles.
This type of scoliosis is clearly visible, the picture shows the bending angle of 31-60 degrees.
signs scoliosis IV degree relate:
- Severe spinal deformity.
- Gain all of the above symptoms of spinal curvature.
- Strong stretching of muscles at the site of spinal curvature.
- Detected ceasing ribs at the place where the concave thoracic scoliosis, and rib hump.
Radiographs fixes curvature angle over 60 degrees.
Of course, great if you are reading thisarticle for common development, and all of the above you are absolutely not affected. If you still have scoliosis, MirSovetov recommends that you do not delay seeking treatment.
Of course, scoliosis treatment is most effective in early childhood. But do not give up, if you decide to do this now, because it is better late than never.
our site convinces you to take seriously to scoliosis treatment and consult a doctor - orthopedist.
The treatment plan should be based on the following principles:
- Regulation of vertebral height, which form an arc curving;
- Reduction of spinal instability. If you have a curvature of the spine there is always functional compensation, develop "protivoiskrivleniya";
- Elimination of the curvature of decompensation. With varying degrees of spinal curvature magnitude arcs inevitably there is an increase at the arc, and the deviation of the body, ie, decompensation;
- Implemented as medication and physical therapy effects on the entire body, which is aimed at the normalization of metabolism.
Implementation of these principles in the treatment is carried out in two ways: conservative or surgical.
Conservative treatment is used when you do not need an operation:
- Always produced individualstatikodinamichesky mode - exclude perverse posture (contributing to the future development of the curvature) is observed optimal physical activity, therapeutic exercises used for functional correction of the spine and chest;
- Observed common orthopedic conditions(Static unloading of the spine) - for example, carried out on schoolwork stand with orthopedic bed in a prone position, use special orthopedic stacking is necessary to wear an orthopedic corset, sleep in a bed of gypsum;
- Used medical treatment (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and vitamin chondroprotectors);
- Conducted restorative measures;
- Appointed physiotherapy treatments (mud, balneotherapy, the impact of low-voltage electric shock).
It is also worth adding that if scoliosis is observed in the child, it is necessary to form his conscious approach to this issue.
It is believed that the bending axis of the spine 10degrees - this is just a violation of posture, and medical assistance is not required. If the axis of curvature of 10-20 degrees, the patient admits patients with scoliosis; in this case, limited exercise, but do not prescribe specific treatment, but only observe the patient (because of the futility of treatment).
Patients with scoliosis curvature axis of 20 degrees and 5 degrees in the progression of a year, it is recommended to do three times a year the spine X-rays. Special treatment is also not carried out.
Corset is assigned when the curvature of the spine axis is 25-40 degrees.
If the axis of the spinal curvature greater than 40 degrees is assigned surgical treatment.
When scoliosis posture can help manual therapy - the impact of the hands on the spine. The main thing not to fall into the hands of manual self-taught, otherwise the consequences could be severe.
With stops using manual therapyprogression of scoliosis, decreases pain, restore lost mobility, as well as stages 1-2, as far as possible abnormal spinal curvature decreases.
Separately want to say about scoliotic posture. This is not scoliosis, but is no longer the norm. Scoliotic posture asymmetry occurs when the shoulder girdle and pelvis, legs of different length, an oblique position of the pelvis. This posture is accompanied by minor deviations of the spine to the right or left of the axis, vanishing at a voltage of the back muscles. On the side of the concavity of the spine and shoulder blades lowered and increased waist triangle - the distance between the waist and lowered his hand. On the opposite side of the triangle outlines smoothed. Loose muscles of the back and abdomen.
When scoliosis posture child can fullystraighten the spine muscle tension, unlike scoliosis (curvature of the spine from the true). However, if time does not take action to correct scoliosis posture, changes may occur in the intervertebral disc and bone, which are characteristic of scoliosis.
Get rid of this posture, as well as from scoliosis toearly stages, as soon as possible the establishment of a good muscular system. Then the spine is held firmly in position by muscles (right). It is therefore very useful are various symmetrical exercises, especially for the lumbar-iliac muscles (shortening any of them can cause scoliosis).
In the treatment and prevention of scoliosis posture andScoliosis also of great importance is given to the correct working posture. It provides a symmetrical arrangement of the parts of the body about its axis. Also, the child must to wear different items, ie alternately shift them from one hand to another. It should be noted that primary school children should be worn books in the knapsack, which would provide a uniform load on the spine.
What could be more, if left untreated scoliosis?
In girls during puberty appearadnexitises ovaries, hormonal disorders and manifest failures of the menstrual cycle. This, in turn, can respond in adulthood and affect the course of pregnancy and childbirth.
In the end, if you prefer in a timely mannerhis treatment of the spine, you can avoid serious complications, the last degree of curvature and the risk to health and life surgery.
Our website invites you to take seriously your health and the health of your children. And once life - a movement, let it be easy and painless!