What is thrombophlebitis
Thrombophlebitis called severe inflammation of the wallsveins, resulting in a blood clot in the lumen of inflammation - a clot of coagulated blood. It is notable that only thrombophlebitis affects the veins in the legs and usually appears in very advanced cases Varicose Veins. Typically, clots begin to appear insuperficial varicose veins. If you do not take urgent treatment and prevention measures, the disease will progress and spread over the deep veins of the lower extremities.
There are two variants of the disease:
- The acute form - the sudden appearance of symptoms, symptoms of disease pronounced.
- The chronic form - to exacerbate the shift comes in remission, and most symptoms disappear, but then everything is repeated again.
The reasons for the emergence and development of thrombophlebitis
When the acute symptoms of thrombophlebitis, you must first call the team "Ambulance"Take a supine position and raise the inflamed leg (put on a pillow, rolled up in a blanket roll).
In no event should not do massagethe inflamed area, rub ointments and creams (and even warming up of natural ingredients). Otherwise, the clot can break off and fall into the heart muscle.
Treatment of thrombophlebitis means of nationalmedicine is best left until rehabilitation. First of all, the doctor should appoint a drug treatment and only then recommend the aids in the form of lotions, herbal infusions and decoctions.
Treatment of thrombophlebitis
thrombophlebitis Treatment usually takes place inan outpatient basis. Only in the case of threat of separation of thrombus from the vessel wall or the transition of inflammation in the deep veins surgery is undertaken. For this reason, it is important to take appropriate measures promptly.
The main condition for the successful and rapidrecovery is active. Recumbent mode when thrombophlebitis is contraindicated, as in this case, the venous muscle pump-shin will not work and, therefore, the deep veins are not getting enough blood, which will only exacerbate thrombosis. On the contrary, if the inflammation has had time to penetrate deeper into the veins, should limit activity, or a blood clot can break away.
In the first few days of treatment is recommendedwear constricting elastic bandages, and when the inflammation begins to take place, replace them with medical courses, stockings or tights 2nd or 3rd class compression.
Tip: to relieve pain, use local cooling of dry cold (ice wrapped in a towel).
The following preparations, the effect of which is aimed at eliminating inflammation and resorption of blood clots are used for the treatment of thrombosis:
- Nonsteroidal agents - a group of drugs forreducing inflammation, which has analgesic effect. One of the most effective is Diclofenac and ketoprofen. Last available as a gel to be applied on the affected area 2-3 times a day. It is also non-steroidal means a doctor can prescribe in the form of injections or suppositories.
- Derivative routine - drugs that protect the vascular wall and reduce inflammation. Best known means: Troxevasin, Troxerutin and Rutoside.
- Enzymes - enzymes that reduce inflammation, reduces swelling and stimulating the dissolution of blood clots. Among the most popular Phlogenzym, Vobenzim (tablets).
- Antiplatelet agents - products for the blood-thinning (Reopoliglyukin, Trental).
- Heparin - a drug that has the strongestthrombolytic exposure and has anti-inflammatory effect. Gels used heparin as well as steroidal agents, alternating groups of drugs.
Prevention of thrombophlebitis
The main objective of the prevention of thrombosisis timely and correct treatment of the symptoms of the chronic form of the disease. In the case of the acute form it is advisable to immediate treatment and hospitalization.
Basic preventive measures:
- Do not delay visit to the doctor in the "back burner."
- Promptly treat caries, varicose veins, any infection and suppuration.
- If treatment is necessary to give injections, take them to different vein to previous punctures had time to heal.
- Follow the diet - limit intakeanimal fats, replacing them with vegetable. Prefer raw vegetables and fruits, berries (rosehip, sea buckthorn, raspberries, mountain ash), eat more greens.
- Keep an active lifestyle (even ifday and night you're sitting at a computer in the office every couple of hours, you can walk or squat 20-30 times). Start the morning with a charge, with an emphasis on their feet - exercise "scissors", squats, rolls to his feet, and so on..
- Wear a medical knitwear.
Thrombophlebitis - a dangerous disease, but the degree ofthreat depends on the correctness of your actions. If the time to take action, not only can not give a chance to the disease, but to improve the shape and become much healthier.