Types of hysteroscopy
- Diagnostic. The purpose of this procedure - to examine the uterine cavity, in particular, its inner surface, to confirm or deny the presence of any pathological disorders. The integrity of the tissue research does not break.
- Surgical. Hysteroscopy this type is used for endoscopic operations for non-traumatic removal of various pathological processes in the uterine cavity. For example, during a surgical hysteroscopy uterus successfully remove polyps and fibroids.
- Mikrogisteroskopiya. The meaning of the procedure is repeated increasing the image that helps to carry out high-precision endoscopic intervention. Depending on the type of hysteroscope have several degrees of increase, which may be due even to investigate the epithelium at the cellular level.
- Control. This procedure is relevant when it is important to continuously monitor the progress of treatment. So it is possible not only to understand how effective conservative therapy, but also to observe the uterine recovery after surgery.
For uterus hysteroscopy procedure is necessarybe sure to stretch, using a gas or a liquid environment. Depending on which method is used, hysteroscopy is liquid and gas. The main requirement for the medium - to provide the best visual "picture" in the survey and not to harm the patient. The medium used sterile water, a dextrose solution, saline, carbon dioxide.
Indications for the procedure
Check or diagnostic hysteroscopy is a kind of no reason for the patient's hospitalization, while the view of the surgical procedures are carried out exclusively in hospital.
Hysteroscopy - a method that requires anesthesia. A lot of time the procedure does not take - from a quarter to half an hour. To see the cervix, vagina, "open" mirrors. With the help of specialized equipment specialist assesses the size of the uterus, cervical canal expands to enter into the uterine cavity of a hysteroscope. The device is connected in advance to a special system, fluid flow to the uterus. The physician hysteroscope moving in a clockwise direction, can view the mouth of the fallopian tubes, the appearance of endometrium in general to evaluate the condition of uterine cavity.
The recovery period after hysteroscopy
Usually inspection using a hysteroscope notIt gives the patient any inconvenience. About diagnostic procedure, for example, can be forgotten the next day. Seeing the doctor and the patient does not need rehabilitation. This type of diagnosis is rarely complicated by bleeding.
To restore the patient after surgeryprocedure the doctor applies carefully: a woman appoints antibiotics to prevent the development of bacterial infections, as well as assesses the nature of the blood released after the operation. The norm is considered a moderate amount of secretions, besides, they have to be short-lived.
In order to stop the pain for the first time aftersurgery can take analgesics - medications that are available over the counter without a prescription from a doctor (Analgin, Ibuprom, Baralgetas). However, if the pain is not very strong, from the drugs should be abandoned - so the recovery process will go faster, and the woman will feel good in 2-3 days.
If the patient underwent surgery forcurettage of the uterus, the next few months, it should by all means be protected against pregnancy. Ideally, if conception occurs within a year after surgery.
MipSovetov drew the attention of its readers:
- if the doctor deems it necessary, after the uterus hysteroscopy term abstinence from sex may amount to 2-3 weeks;
- tampons, pills and suppositories for insertion into the vagina after the procedure is better to postpone away for a while;
- in the first days after a visit to the gynecologist hiking baths, saunas and pools are undesirable, and a bath is better to replace the shower.
These precautions are necessary to prevent possible complications. In most cases, within 3 - 5 days after the procedure, the woman returned to normal life.
Common complications after the procedure
After removal of the polyp or fibromatous node withby hysteroscopy, a woman may experience uterine bleeding. This is especially true if the technique for some reason the procedure was violated.
The symptoms of complications: heavy bleeding from the vagina for more than 2 daysafter hysteroscopy. The normal postoperative discharge scanty, smearing. To eliminate heavy bleeding administered hemostatics and drugs that reduce the uterine muscle.
Also, after the procedure, the patient may develop endometriosis. This Infectious diseases when oral mucosa becomes inflamed uterus.
The symptoms of complications: increase temperature, Different in strength pain in the lowerabdomen, bloody, sometimes mixed with pus, vaginal discharge. To help in this case comes antibacterial and detoxification treatment.
The first after the procedure is very abundantmenstruation is not a result of a complication or hysteroscopy. But if purulent discharge, painful and accompanied by fever, you should immediately consult a doctor!