During pregnancy, a woman soworried about her baby that is trying to prevent any disease. And what is her surprise and disappointment at the same time, when, seemingly for no reason at all appear cheesy discharge, itching, trouble begins ... Thrush.
We offer our readers and readers our website to find out how much more dangerous the disease and what should say this symptom.
What does "thrush"
So, the name speaks for its manifestation -unbearable itching, swelling of the large and small labia, curdled whitish discharge, unpleasant odor. Most of these symptoms cause yeast-like fungi Candida, gave the names of many drugs produced for the treatment of this disease. But because we are discussing the issue with respect to a pregnant woman, for which most of the drugs for use is prohibited.
Why do pregnant women often suffer from?
The answer is simple - because the woman's body inpregnancy is experiencing enormous "restructuring", the hormonal attack, reduced immunity both general and local. Including reduced protective function of vaginal secretions. Simply change means for personal hygiene, bad rinse underwear or swim in the summer is not very clean pond.
But it would be nice if in some cases the disease was not of the nature of the indicator, which helps to identify the pathogen more dangerous than E. coli or fungi.
Pregnancy stimulates a series of "reconstructions"in women, including relapse (renewed) "dormant" infections. For example, if a woman shortly before the ensuing pregnancy infected with chlamydia, the "yeast" will only be a symptom which signals that the body's something wrong.
Therefore, gynecologists advise to hand over the firsttests for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), either before planned pregnancy or in early pregnancy. And first of all because a positive result of some STDs conceiveAs well as carry and give birth to a healthy baby is almost impossible.
If a pregnant when registering at the antenatal clinic complies with all recommendations of the gynecologist, the first analysis it passes first and the second on the term of 30 weeks.
The most convenient and commonly used methodPCR diagnostics is capable enough to reliably determine the pathogenic microflora of the vagina. Analysis of charge, but in the absence of specific symptoms you can check swab for gonorrhea, chlamydia, mycoplasmosis, and ureaplasmosis trichomoniasis. After receiving a negative result and being confident in their sexual partners, pregnant women in the event of "thrush" symptoms may simply undergo treatment.
If the survey has been conducted, the womancan not say with certainty that it is healthy, tests should be carried out. At least for the sake of the future health of the baby, who, by the way, during childbirth are at great risk of infection and intrauterine infection.
We consider the most secure ways of "thrush" in pregnant women. But they can be used only with absolute certainty that, in addition to it, the woman is healthy.
Let's start with simple steps to be followed, not even aching:
- All underwear wash baby soap (detergent or soap will cause unnecessary irritation), iron and only then put on;
- use underwear made of natural materials (not sexy, but it is convenient and useful). No strings;
- strictly adhere to the intimate hygiene;
- sexual rest during the treatment time;
- minimize the use of meat products and sweets, "lean" on fresh fruits and vegetables;
- topically can be used chamomile broth (or package brewed filter). It relieves itching and scratching effectively promote healing;
- miramistinom irrigate only the labia majora;
- no douching.
According to the set of commercials, onethe capsule is capable of get rid of the symptoms of "thrush". That's right. But a pregnant woman is important not just muting the symptoms and immediate treatment. Therefore erased from the memory of annoying advertising slogans.
So, for the treatment of "thrush" Now use a large amount of drugs. They differ by name and release form. Tablets, creams, and suppositories (suppository). Let us consider each of them.
- Tablets are the most convenient and fastmethod of treatment. But not for pregnant women. In most "yeast" of cases in pregnant it takes a long time, is able to go back and start to parasitize. Therefore, 1 tablet does not help, and drink more means to endanger the health of the baby. I add only after dissolution of the tablets enter the bloodstream and long circulating therein. And that means, and the child will get the drug.
- Vaginal creams relatively inconvenient to use mobility and residence time in the vagina, and therefore, the operation time short;
- Vaginal suppositories (candles) are the mostversatile and easy to use treatment for 'thrush'. Firstly, the base candles, more often, vaseline or oil. This enables them, dissolving into the vaginal temperature, to give the maximum drug. Second, the drug enters the bloodstream is not applied exclusively topically. Consequently, the child can not hurt. And thirdly, the candle can be used at night.
The most popular drugs today - it Ketoconazole and Fluconazole. They are effective against fungus, destroying its nutritional wall.
At the end I would like to point out that the statementdiagnosis and treatment of "myself" are wrong, and often dangerous. Therefore, when the first signs of "thrush", consult your gynecologist, surveyed and get his recommendations.