MirSovetov tried to figure out what is the allergy in pregnancy, how it manifests itself, which carries consequences and is there any way to avoid it.
Causes and symptoms of malaise
The disease is an immune response tothe impact of certain special substances called allergens. During childbearing body begins to work quite like they used to. The protection system operates differently, so different aggressive environmental factors may have a negative impact on overall health. Among the causes of the disease distinguish two main ones:
- changes in the hormonal system;
- presence of allergenic substances in the near surrounding area.
Consider the main symptoms that accompany the disease:
- More than half of women in the position of the first weeks of life observed symptoms of rhinitis: nasal congestion, runny nose and sneezing.
- Among the main features should be allocated dermatitis, urticaria, and various skin rashes. Very often, such a state is accompanied by the first pregnancy.
- Rarely, but it happens that the disease causes asthma. If the expectant mother before conception suffered from asthma at 24-36 week her condition may worsen, so the physician should monitor the patient's health throughout the life.
The consequences of an allergy to the fetus
The best way to avoid treatment - the right to take preventive measures. Let's denote the basic rules to be followed:
- The first step is to create a diet inwhich will not be part of the "dangerous" products. Food - the first source of allergens, which, moreover, can create a future child's immune response to certain substances. Among these products, you can identify the most common:
- chicken eggs;
- chocolate, cocoa, coffee;
- spices and smoked;
- exotic seafood;
- vegetables and fruits, uncharacteristic for native latitudes.
Allergies in pregnancy Treatment
As mentioned earlier, use anydrugs while carrying a child should be with great caution, carefully weighing all the "pros" and "cons." About self-treatment can not think, prescribe treatment can only physician, he also performs control of the patient's condition. Accepted dose should be small, and the duration of treatment - short. It is important to remember that a medical solution of the problem is resorted to only in extreme cases, when the disease poses a significant threat to the health of the mother and fetus.
Here is a list of drugs that use is prohibited or highly undesirable during pregnancy:
- diphenhydramine, since it leads to uterine contractions, which can cause premature birth;
- terfenandin - this medicine helps shortfall weight baby;
- astemizole - extremely dangerous for the fetus because of its toxicity;
- suprastin, Claritin, feksadin and cetirizine is not so dangerous, but before using it is necessary to evaluate all the potential risks;
- Piperacillin is not recommended as in pregnancy and in lactation period.
Vitamins as a means of treating allergies
This method of treatment allows to remove the manifestation of many symptoms, alleviate the patient's condition and it does not harm the baby. Let us consider this question:
- Ascorbic acid, vitamin C, it is insmall dosage helps relieve rhinitis and weak bronchial spasms. Starting with the amount of intake should be 500 mg per day, increasing the dose to 4 of this course of treatment is about 10 days.
- Vitamin B12 has a good antihistamine properties. It helps to reduce asthma symptoms and dermatitis. Eat it recommended 500 mcg during the month.
- Nicotinamide - a great tool for reducing allergic reactions, especially when it comes to pollen. His term is also receiving a month, and dose - 200-300 mg per day.
- Pantothenic acid is excellent treats rhinitis, removing his symptoms in 20-30 minutes.
- Zinc helps to cope with allergies to householdchemistry. Its use has some subtleties, if drink zinc in ionic form - it can lead to a lack of copper in the body and cause anemia. Therefore, this drug is taken in the form of a complex of picolinate and aspartate.
- Oleic acid, which is part of the oliveoil, copes well with the symptoms of allergies, alleviating their symptoms. Pregnant women are advised to use this product in your daily diet.
- Linoleic acid, as well as fish fat, Relieve swelling with fever, nasal congestion, facilitate itching in skin rashes and dermatitis.