What happens during electrophoresis, what are its advantages over other methods? This question will help you understand our site.
The word "electrophoresis" includes two parts: "Electro" - that is meant to use in some way of an electric current, and the second part "phoresis", it is possible to translate the Greek as "transfer". When electrophoresis occurs a certain movement of ions (charged particles) in the created external source of electric field. It is a constant electric current helps to deliver the drug in a particular area. This is one of physiotherapy procedures and is widely used not only in the medical field, but also in cosmetics. Doctors call this method more ionotherapy, iontophoresis, ionogalvanizatsiey. And the basis of electrophoresis is the reaction of electrolytic dissociation. Thus the drug dissolves in the aqueous solution on the ions. When a drug solution is passed through an electric current, the drug ions are moved through the mucous membranes and the skin and enter the body. Medication directly into the tissue is delivered through the sweat and sebaceous glands. Once inside the cells and interstitial fluid, then enters a medicine to the epidermis, and then absorbed into the blood and lymph. Then it can come to the bodies, but the greatest concentration remains in the area where an electrophoresis was performed. The procedure can be obtained the following positive effects:
- an anti-inflammatory;
- relieves swelling;
- normalization metabolism, Better nutrition tissues;
- the formation and release into the bloodstream of biologically active components.
What advantages electrophoresis compared with other known methods of introducing medication?
- The drug has a longer period of time, as in the skin creates a kind of depot from which it is slowly released into the bloodstream.
- You can significantly reduce the dose of the drug, it will also operate effectively.
- The drug can be delivered precisely to that area or zone of the organism that needs it.
- The drugs are delivered in the activated form.
- The drug is injected painlessly.
- Fabrics with the introduction of the drug are not damaged.
- Much less risk adverse (side) effects.
- The drug leaves the body slowly.
Despite the many advantages over other methods, electrophoresis is not allowed to use in some cases:
- presence of tumors;
- fever, acute inflammation stages;
- heart failure;
- tendency to bleeding, problems with blood clotting;
- for dermatitis, eczema;
- wounds, skin lesions in areas where drugs are applied gaskets;
- allergies or hypersensitivity to the drug, which is supposed to be administered;
- intolerance of electric current;
- presence of metal dentures in the mouth;
- violations of normal skin sensation.
The essence and the basic techniques of electrophoresis
The procedure lasts 10 to 30 minutes. The dosage and the electric current density is different, it depends on the age and diagnosis. The patient does not feel pain during the session, it is permissible only a tingling sensation. In the course of 10-20 sessions are usually enough to make a day or every day. Sometimes you need to repeat the treatment after two or three months. The essence of this method is as follows: it is necessary to apply the drug between the electrode and the skin, that is, perpendicular to the direction of current flow. In Russia, most often used for this purpose solutions of drugs and abroad for a long time, doctors prefer gels.
Here are the most commonly used techniques of electrophoresis:
- Galvanic - special pads consistingfour layers of cheesecloth or filter paper soaked in a solution with a specific concentration of drug, followed by a protective pad on it set electrode. The other electrode of the device is placed on the opposite side of the body. This is necessary in order to create a line for moving the drug.
- Vannochkovaya - with the drug solution is poured into a special tray, the electrodes embedded in it are already available. Then the man plunges the sick part of the body in this liquid.
- Void - first drug in the form ofsolution is administered into the vagina, the rectum, the stomach or other hollow body, then there is placed the anode or cathode and the second electrode is placed on the body surface.
- Interstitial - is most often used whentreatment of the respiratory system. Man takes first tablet (or it is injected), and then to the area where the electrodes are placed the focus of inflammation.
Technician of the procedure are many:
- Ion collar. It is applied in hypertension, neurosis, traumatic brain injuries, sleep disorders.
- Ion belt (upper or lower). It is indicated for sexual disorders and gynecological diseases.
- Ionic reflexes (developed Shcherbak). The good effect is seen in peptic ulcer disease, hypertension, neurosis and many other pathological conditions.
- Vermelho method (total electrophoresis). Lining with a drug solution between the blades, then the electrode is applied and the other two are placed at the back of the calf on both legs. This technique shows excellent results in atherosclerosis, kardiosklerosis, migraine, hypertension.
- Orbital-occipital electrophoresis, it stillBourguignon called method uses a small pad with a drug solution, they are placed on the area of the eye sockets when the lids are closed. Another strip superimposed on the back of the neck. The procedure prescribed for injuries and inflammation of the brain, trigeminal neuritis (or facial) nerve, eye diseases.
- Nasal electrophoresis. The nasal passages are administered tamponchiki cotton impregnated with a drug solution, and the other electrode is placed on the back of the neck. It is carried out in violation of metabolic processes, ulcers in the digestive tract, brain pathologies.
- Ratner's method uses two pads withdifferent materials: the first (from aminophylline) is intended for the cervical vertebrae, and the second (with papaverine) located to the right of the sternum to the ribs. These sessions are conducted at cerebral palsy after birth trauma in newborns, blood circulation disorders in the cervical region of the spine.
- Vannochkovy electrophoresis is used in polyarthritis, pleksitah, arthritis. In a special container placed diseased limbs.
- Electrophoresis karipazimom. This treatment gives good results in case of severe disease - hernia of intervertebral discs. Player need to hold 20, and after a month or two to repeat the treatment. And in the year of such courses, it is desirable to hold three.
Electrophoresis was carried out for this purpose equippedphysiotherapy. Recently there have been devices that can be purchased in the "Medtech", they are designed for use at home. For example, "Sun", "MAG-30", "stream", "Eleskulap" and others. But the trust of medical procedures can only people with medical education and owning adequately electrophoresis techniques.