It means inhalation drugsmeans. This is a fairly common procedure that is prescribed for a wide variety of respiratory tract diseases. Inhalation may be carried out without a doctor's prescription, if there is a tolerance to all components of therapeutic mixture. In particular, we can strengthen the immune system, as well as cure the common cold, runny nose, cough using similar procedures.
There are several varieties of these procedures:
- Steam inhalation (using a container with water and a towel or blanket).
- Inhalation nebulizer (A special device is used, the inhaler).
The most common types of procedures applicable in the home, are steam inhalation. Their "strengths" are the following factors:
- They are effective in the treatment of influenza, colds, bronchitis, allergic cough, sinusitis.
- Thanks to these procedures are wetted with the upper respiratory tract. After that viscous sputum departs better healing process is faster.
- Prevent excessive dryness of the mucous membranes.
Important warning! Carrying steam inhalation is not shown to young children and the elderly, as there is a risk of facial burns. Furthermore, during the procedure for adult patients is too low can not be tilted to the tank with hot water.
What is a nebulizer? This device consists of a main unit, a bowl, which is filled with the drug, several nozzles (masks for the nose, throat, etc.). During operation of the nebulizer drug is converted under the action of the air particles in the cold steam. They are able to penetrate even the lower respiratory tract, allowing the medicine "delivered" exactly as prescribed.
Advantages of this type of inhalations:
- The drug acts directly to the locus of inflammation.
- Therapy using the nebulizer can be used even for small children, because this device, as opposed to steam inhalation, does not let the hot steam and can not injure the child.
- Drugs delivered to the bronchi, are not absorbed into the blood and do not have adverse effects on the rest of the body.
Medical preparations for inhalation for cough
Recall that this type of inhalation is contraindicated for holding children. Adults are also people using this method of treatment should take precautions.
Consider some popular recipes for steam inhalation.
- Sea salt. For the preparation of mixed inhalations, you need to take 0.5 tbsp. l sea salt and 1.5 tbsp. l medicinal herbal collection. For the prevention of colds and for the treatment of cough, the following collection is suitable: linden blossom, elecampane root, chamomile, three-colored violet, sage, birch buds. All this is mixed in equal parts. Then it is poured with boiling water and infused for 4-6 minutes. After that, you can use this mixture for the procedure. These inhalations should not be used with individual intolerance to some components of the mixture.
- Herbal №1. For this procedure, 1 liter. water take 1 tbsp. l. herbal and Article 0.5. l. sea salt. The composition of this collection includes one of the elecampane root and nettle, two parts marshmallow root and mother-and-stepmother, half of the plantain leaf, as well as one piece of sage, thyme, chamomile, rosemary, pine buds. These inhalation possess antipyretic, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory properties. In addition, they have an expectorant effect, so effective for coughs.
- Herbal №2. Sea salt (0.5 st. L.) Is also used in conjunction with inhaled collecting herbs (1 tbsp. L.) For controlling operation of the bronchi. The structure of the therapeutic agent enters one part motherwort, thyme, sage, fennel, calendula, as well as two pieces of sweet flag root. This fee normalizes the conductive systems. In addition, it has a sedative effect. Use it not worth it if you are hypersensitive.
- Orange. Such inhalations are shown in order to alleviate the condition when bronchitis. For this patient for half an hour to breathe vapors broth of chopped orange peel and orange tree leaves.
- Essential oils and sage. Essential oil of sage has a good bactericidal effect. Therefore, its use as an inhalation airway inflammations. When inflammation of the pharynx, bronchi and tonsils well to inhaled based on sage. To prepare it, it is necessary in an enamel container to boil on low heat for 5 minutes. a handful of sage. Over obtained broth to breathe, cover with a towel.
- Exotic inhalation. For this fit feijoa. The presence in these fruit essential oils component makes them good for inhalation. Thus, the pulp can be separated from the peel. Then peel steamed cleaned with boiling water. It is possible to add 1 hour. L. soda. Over this solution breathe for 5-7 minutes, it will help both in the presence of cough, and in the event that there is a runny nose.
Useful information procedures to regulatebronchopulmonary system functions. With them, you can fight inflammation of the respiratory system, phlegm, treat cough, used as an expectorant. In addition, after such inhalation increases the body's resistance, improves regeneration of bronchopulmonary tissue. These procedures should not be used if you are hypersensitive.
For therapeutic purposes, use more tea from sage. His need to drink 2 times a day as part of an integrated treatment of cough. Using it can solve many of the problems that are associated with inflammatory processes in the body. In addition, this drink well strengthens the immune system, reduces stress and helps with treating coldsAnd improves memory performance.