From the Latin word «vita», which means life,there was the usual word "vitamins", without which it is also impossible to imagine human existence. Vitamins themselves - are compounds that are involved in the metabolism and functioning of the organism is maintained. In other words, we can say that it is impossible to imagine a person without vitamins. These substances are present in many foods:.. Fresh fruits vegetables, fish, meat, etc. One of the most important vitamins for human health is vitamin C or ascorbic acid.
Benefits of Vitamin C
If we consider the use of vitamin C for ourthe body, many of us do not know that man alone does not produce this vitamin, so you need to eat foods that contain a lot of vitamin C or taking vitamin tablets.
The benefits to human health:
- Vitamin C, or ascorbic acid has a positive effect on the nervous system;
- involved in the update process of blood;
- It stimulates the endocrine glands, helping the absorption of iron;
- strengthens blood vessels. Without vitamin C is not possible to develop cartilage proteoglycan cells. These substances give the elasticity of blood vessels, helping to stretch and return to its original position;
- powerful antioxidant. It is one of the main substances that preserve and renew the beauty of youth;
- It enhances the protective functions of the body, helping to fight the viruses and prevents the development of inflammation and colds;
- It helps support the body in chronic ailments, in particular, diabetesAs well as improve the patient's condition after suffering a heart attack and stroke;
- Ascorbic acid is involved in the recovery process, helping the body to quickly deal with the disease;
- promotes rapid healing wounds and ulcers;
- improves the general condition of the person, is a powerful energy, strength returns with fatigue.
With a shortage of vitamin C a person may feelfatigue, he gets tired quickly. If we talk about the serious deficiency of this element, then start to disturb the joints, bleeding gums, a person often suffers from colds and for a long time could not recover.
Where found vitamin C?
The benefits of vitamin C to human health can besay only if it enters the body in the proper amount. Until recently, the daily rate of consumption of vitamin C (ascorbic acid or a) for an adult is 100 mg per day. At present, scientists proved otherwise, be permitted to take ascorbic acid in the amount of up to 4 g per day in order to experience his favor. Insufficient to achieve the therapeutic effect only eat vegetable products with a high content of vitamin C. In addition, in some products, there are many useful substances, but to receive, for example, from raw apple vitamin C, is impossible because the enzyme contained therein destroys askorbinaza him. To benefit from this product, it is necessary to eat only baked apples.
Regarding the use of the daily requirement of vitaminC to achieve the desired effect, there is no single opinion. Experts say that men are allowed to use on the day of no more than 90 mg of vitamin C, and women - only 75 mg. Overdose considered when 1 kg of weight accounts for about 12,000 mg of ascorbic acid.
According to doctors, to prevent the development ofcancer cells, i.e., for prevention, it is necessary to use a day approximately 3,000 mg ascorbic acid, and to cure the common cold or inflammatory disease, the daily dose should be up to 10 000 mg.
It is clear that a dangerous dose for human healthIt considered 12 grams of vitamin C per 1 kg of weight, and make it very difficult, especially if you eat only foods rich in ascorbic acid. Drink so many pills, too, it is very difficult. From this, it can be concluded that an overdose of vitamin C is very difficult to do, it is virtually impossible. And if we consider that this vitamin does not accumulate in the body and is easily soluble in water (and then easily and also appears in the urine), it proves once again that an overdose is practically impossible.
Compatible products and what else you need to know
Vitamin C is well absorbed withpreparations containing a lot of caffeine, iron, folic acid and vitamin B12. Use of vitamin C in tablet or liquid form is best not on an empty stomach. The optimal time for the reception - 30 minutes after breakfast. Age, weight, and which calls for the drug, has a value. For example, for children the daily rate is from 25 to 75 mg, for adults - prophylactic dose ranging from 50 to 100 mg. If you need intensive treatment, then the doctor on their own, after a full examination, appoints high doses of vitamin C under constant review. Independently take medication irregularly, it is not recommended. As has been previously stated, an overdose of vitamin C is difficult to do, but still there is a risk to health. High dose adversely affect the gastrointestinal tract, there may be problems with digestion (acid irritates the stomach wall), it is possible bloating, diarrhea and even seizures. Keep this in mind so as not to harm your health.