Drug treatment of osteoarthritis of the kneejoint occupies an important place in the treatment of disease. In conjunction with physical therapy, manual therapy, physiotherapy, it allows you to slow down the processes of destruction of articular cartilage, accelerate the regeneration of cartilage tissue, as much as possible to restore the function of the limb.
The main tasks of medical treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee:
- elimination of pain;
- normalization of blood circulation in the area of the knee;
- improving the cartilage nutrition and activation of regenerative processes;
- increase joint mobility.
Thus, knee arthrosis, treatment,drugs. The first is thinking about every doctor - a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as indomethacin, diclofenac, ketoprofen, piroxicam, nimulid and others. They are used to relieve pain and reduce joint inflammation as first aid, as on the background of a sharp pain the knee is simply impossible to apply other methods of treatment, such as physiotherapy, massage or physical therapy.
Long-term use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) is undesirable for several reasons.
- When medication pain relief under the guiseimaginary prosperity can flow active bone destruction, because NSAIDs - this is just a symptomatic treatment. Therapeutic effect of pathogenetic treatment provides only affecting various parts of the destructive process.
- According to the researchers osteoarthritis of the kneeprolonged treatment of joint diseases, including non-steroidal drugs, can inhibit synthesis of proteoglycans and thus promote dehydration of cartilage and its destruction.
- The frequency of adverse effects of NSAIDs increases sharply at their prolonged use.
But what happens to the patient with knee OA grade 3,when the pain becomes almost constant companion of his life? Instead, non-steroidal drugs make better use of selective anti-inflammatory drugs having less side effects and do not affect the metabolism of cartilage.
In the treatment of gonarthrosis, such as chondroprotectorsglucosamine and chondroitin sulfate, occupy an important place. These substances are normally present in the joints of each person involved in cartilage nutrition and regeneration of cartilage.
Chondroprotectors - this is the most useful groupmedicines for people suffering from osteoarthritis of the knee. The treatment, drugs used in therapy, designed to effectively influence the disease process and to be as safe as possible for the patient who has to take pills for a long time. Unlike non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, hondropotektory restore cartilage nutrition, improving the "quality" of the synovial fluid, increase the synthesis of proteoglycans and contribute to the regeneration of cartilage plate. However, even with such beneficial properties of preparations, we should not exaggerate their potential.
- Chondroprotectors not ways to help, if the knee arthrosis reached 3 degrees. Drugs will not be able to restore the cartilage, if it is already almost completely destroyed.
- Chondroprotectors act very slowly,rapid improvement of the patient does not have to wait. The effect is bound to be noticeable, but only after a year and a half of regular drug administration, although the advertising of drugs, promising recovery in a shorter time.
- gonarthrosis Treatment involves the use of hondroprotektorami along with other drugs and methods.
Treatment of gonarthrosis can not includethe use of medical creams and ointments. Although they can not heal, but it significantly reduces the discomfort, relieve pain, swelling, improve joint mobility.
In the absence of overt inflammation are goodwarming agents which improve the blood circulation in the joint, accelerate metabolic processes, including the cartilage regeneration. Rubbing with Menvazinom, Espoli, Gevkamenom evoke the feeling of warmth, comfort, relax the muscles and ligaments, but they can not be used when synovitis phenomena. Indometacin ointment, long, Voltaren Gel, Fastum gel, on the contrary, shown in synovitis, but among them should not be limited, because the penetration into the skin of active ingredients ointments, creams and gels is only 5-7%.
Packs with osteoarthritis have a great effect,than just the application of creams and ointments. For compresses dimexide can be used, it has a good penetrating power, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, or medical bishofit bile improving blood circulation in the joint, which accelerate the metabolic processes in the cartilage.