The article tells parents how to figure out if their baby adenoids, how to recognize their presence, how to treat the child.
What are adenoids?
To begin with, let's say that the adenoids are centerslymphoid tissue. They need to be "on guard" to protect and ENT-organs from attempting to invade the body uninvited guests - pathogens. Adenoids can be called one of the necessary and important parts of the immune chains each person. But it so happens that, under the influence of any negative developments associated lymphoid tissue diseased adenoids starts to grow, these growths become larger and begin to fulfill completely the function assigned to them. They become a good haven for infectious agents. Disappears barrier, infection constantly gets into the bronchial tree and lungs - the kid more and more often ill. Adenoid growths are most common in children from 15 years old and up-years. Significant enlargement of pharyngeal (or nasopharyngeal) the tonsils, located on the roof of the nasopharynx, and constant inflammation of the doctors called her and adenoids (adenoid vegetations, razrascheniyami). Healthy adenoid pink, lumpy and soft. But in adenoids (adenoids inflammation) due to swelling it becomes smooth, smooth, but the whole is covered with pus. So why do some children do not have a representation of such a disease, and others - even have to remove overgrown adenoids surgically? There is a hypothesis at physicians that the disease is transmitted at the genetic level. Enlarged adenoids help scarlet fever, Measles, tuberculosis. flu, Recurrent acute respiratory viral infections other children inflammationrespiratory tract. Pathology impressed: a weak immune system, allergies, congenital predisposition. Sometimes the proliferation of lymphoid tissue gradually disappear on their own.
And the degree of disease symptoms
ENT doctors use several methods to diagnose correctly and resolve the issue of the treatment:
- Palpation - finger examination that allows to know the consistency of the adenoids.
- X-ray of the nasopharynx - informative method, but it is associated with exposure to X-rays.
- The classic and most common method - backrhinoscopy, conducted by a physician specialized mirror through the patient's mouth. The surface of the adenoids and experienced Otorhinolaryngologists see when examining the front of the nasal cavity.
- Endoscopy. The modern method, which takes place through the nose (the so-called endoscopic rhinoscopy), or through the mouth (when the method is called endoscopic epifaringoskopiya). To carry out this survey require special device - an endoscope.
- Computed tomography - a method is good, but expensive, so rarely used.
The main method of treatment to which recourseENT doctors considered the surgical removal of the enlarged adenoid tissue. Sometimes appointed conservative treatment, ie antibiotics, sprays and nose drops. This approach reduces inflammation of the pharyngeal tonsil, there is a slight reduction in its size. With age, increasing the nasopharynx and adenoids reduced in size. But if the child has pronounced problems with nasal breathing, you should not wait for the disappearance of the adenoids, as during this time can join intractable complications. The younger little patient, which the doctor removes the overgrown tissue, the greater the risk that the adenoids will grow again, and again have to resort to surgery. If respiratory problems are small, the degree of proliferation of small, it is better to postpone the operation, but be sure to regularly visit the otolaryngologist. If possible, it is best not to do surgery until the child is three years will not be executed. Now operations are carried out in a hospital under general anesthesia, in which the child feels nothing and does not see, it does not apply psihotravma actions of the medical staff. Some clinics do only local anesthesia and sedative injection.
Lifeline could be homeopathy. Search for your child's good, knowledgeable homeopath who individually appoint granulki little sweetness for internal use, drops, ointments. Often assigned homeopathic Tui oil, usually at night. Its instill a few drops of 14 days. After a week's break, the course is resumed. After the procedure a few seconds in the nose tingling, or other discomfort occurs, notify your baby, persuade patience to get rid of the disease without resorting to surgery.
Sometimes doctors prescribe laser therapy - 10sessions four times a year. These treatments do not reduce the adenoids, but make it easier for the disease, reduce inflammation, restore breathing, renewing the immune cells and metabolic processes.
In recent years, promotedPhysiotherapy techniques physiologist doctor Buteyko, avoiding surgery to remove the adenoids. After such treatment, the child's normal good sleep, snoring disappears, stops excessive secretion of mucus and nasal discharge. The method normalizes the nasal breathing, prevents inflammation of the ear, nose, laryngitis and bronchospasm.
the most effective herbal and folk remedies:
- Instill four times a day in the nostrils of sea buckthorn oil in a month. Last time burying produce in the crib when the baby is getting ready for bed.
- The drops in the nose own preparation forwhich is necessary to squeeze the juice from fresh beets (two) and one part honey (for example, lime, chestnut or eucalyptus). This sweet mixture drip too, four times a day for 5 or 6 drops.
- Rinsing the nose and throat sea water, which can be done by adding 200 ml of warm water, previously boiled, a teaspoon of sea salt, and five drops of iodine solution pharmacy.
- Before going to bed to dig into the nasal passages juice obtained from a small piece of leaf aloe. It will be bitter in the mouth - will have to wait. The course - one year.
- Inhalation of ten minutes with essential oils (juniper, fir, spruce, pine).
Readers of our site should be remembered that the pathologyadenoids can not be run, to make efforts, monitor the situation and get the reward - improved health status of the child, back again the ability to breathe through the nose. And do not rush to surgery, first try alternative therapies.