Bacterial vaginosis, also known as bacterial vaginosis - an imbalance of vaginal microbial environment. Among the diseases of sexual sphere, this is the most common.
The mechanism of development of bacterial vaginosis
Vaginal microflora is presented liveecosystem, the composition of which can vary under the influence of various factors. The main representatives of the vaginal environment is considered so-called lactobacilli, which serve as a protective shield for the body. The epithelium lining the inner walls of the genital organs of women of childbearing age, there is a large amount of a substance called glycogen. With the participation of Lactobacilli glycogen lactic acid becomes, by which the total acidity of the vagina is reduced. Moreover, lactobacilli synthesized hydrogen peroxide. The combination of acidic vaginal and hydrogen peroxide becomes a protective barrier for the growth and propagation of harmful microorganisms. We are talking primarily about staphylococcus, streptococcus, E. coli, various anaerobic bacteria, a small amount of which is permanent "residents" of the vaginal microflora.
When the usual number of lactobacilli is reduced totheir place in the ecological environment of the vagina comes opportunistic microorganisms, the main of which - Gardnerella vaginalis - cause the development of bacterial vaginosis. This group of bacteria involved in the release of volatile amines having a smell similar to "flavor" rotten fish.
The nature of bacterial vaginosis
The microorganism can Gardnerella vaginalistransmitted from one person to another during sexual intercourse. However, bacterial vaginosis, which appears as a result of vigorous activity gardnerellas, can not be considered a venereal disease. A small number of pathogenic organisms always present in normal vaginal microflora women.
However, in the development of bacterial vaginosisquality of sexual life also plays a role: the vaginal flora is very sensitive to unprotected sex, the new sex partner or multiple sex partners in a short period of time.
For the health of the strong half of humanityGardnerella vaginalis pose no danger. Men who have found a microorganism, as well as those who are in intimate relationship with a woman, the patient with bacterial vaginosis, do not need treatment.
Causes of disease
In order to establish the true health status of suspected bacterial vaginosis patient is prescribed the following procedure:
- Cytological analysis and polymerase chain reaction analysis.
- Amino-test, during which the chemicals react with the contents and the smear characteristic fishy smell appears as a result.
- Bakposev for the detection of the pathogen in the culture medium.
- The microscopy of the vaginal smear. If the disease is present, the analysis confirms the presence in the vaginal epithelium of anaerobic bacteria: Klebsiella, fuzobakterii, gardnerellas. Another characteristic feature of bacterial vaginosis is a decline acidic environment of the vagina to alkaline (pH above 4.5).
If all the results of the survey were positive (especially pay attention to smear), the patient is prescribed the appropriate course of treatment.
How to get rid of bacterial vaginosis
mymedinform.com warns: treatment of vaginal dysbiosis should start immediately. Complications that arise on the basis of the running of bacterial vaginosis can occur in the form of inflammation of the genital organs (uterus and ovaries) and problems during pregnancy (intrauterine infection of the baby, for example).
The patient will have a two-stage treatment.
Course antibiotic treatment and combined by means of general and localspectrum to suppress the bacterial infection. Its duration is 7 to 10 days. In the treatment using the following drugs:
- Metronidazole, Miramistin, Chlorhexidine, tinidazole, Metrogil, Betadine, Terzhinan in tablets for oral administration.
- Suppositories, ointments and gels composed of the above drugs (except tinidazole) for insertion into the vagina.
- Viferon, Kipferon - drugs that strengthen the immune system.
- Estrogens and anti-allergic drugs.
Rehabilitation of the natural microflora of the vaginaLocal use of the drug. To restore the ecological environment of normal vaginal bacteria colonize such useful as eubiotics and probiotics (Linex, Bifiform, Bifidumbacterin).
For treatment to be effective, needs to be strengthenedthe general immunity of the body. This can be done using one of the simple recipes of traditional medicine. For the preparation of an energy drink, you will need these ingredients:
- quince - 1-2 pcs .;
- Cherry - 2 cups;
- Lemon - 1 pc .;
- garlic - 10 cloves;
- Antonov apples - 2 pcs .;
- water - 9 glasses.
Prepare a healthy drink like this: mash with a fork ripe cherries, quince and apples with peel grate. Clove of garlic peel and pass through the press. Lemon rid of the seeds and finely chop the fruit. All components mix and fill with just the boiled water, cover the container lid. Half an hour later a means of infusions and is ready for use. Assuming it is necessary to 4 times a day by 100-150 ml.
How to Prevent Bacterial Vaginosis
- Pass inspection at the gynecologist 1 every six months.
- Avoid douching antiseptic solutions.
- Beware of your own to take antibiotics and hormonal drugs without the knowledge of the doctor.
- Closely watch your state of health, in particular the state of the intestinal microflora, which is directly related to vaginal ecological environment.
- Carefully carry out the hygiene of the external genital organs.
- Be sure to use protection during sexual intercourse.
- Eat natural and quality food.
- Treatment with antibacterial drugs will certainly be combined with agents, reducing colonies of beneficial bacteria in your body.