Description of the disease
Cholera - an infectious disease thatIt is acute hitting at the same time the small intestine. disease also violates the water-salt metabolism and causes various degrees of dehydration due to vomiting and watery stools. Cholera is classified as a quarantine infection. The disease is cholera embryos, which have a curved stick. This embryo is killed in a minute after boiling, and in other circumstances capable of living "happily ever after." Cholera, or rather, some of its biotypes may persist for a long time in water, mud and even able to multiply there.
The source of the disease is a sick person who allocates vibrio with feces and vomit. This disease can be of different types:
The most commonly found in Africa, cholera,Latin America, South East Asia, that is, in those countries where drinking water is not contaminated and quality. Moreover, in these countries are not the best quality sewers. Infection cholera can occur in various ways, and the incubation period of the disease ranges from a few hours to five days.
The diagnosis of such diseases as cholera can bemade only after all study no clinical symptoms. In the area where the disease had not met before, you must carry out bacteriological tests. And in areas where cholera is already manifest, patients should determine the medical staff and nurses and hospitalized immediately.
The main method of diagnosis of the diseasea bacteriological examination, releasing the parasite. For such studies need excrement and vomit. If a person is in contact with the source of the cholera, he should take magnesium sulfate (saline laxative) for bowel movements for analysis. Already in the laboratory and the feces examined 12-36 hours gives a response (positive) or 12-24 hours (negative).
There cholera accelerated methods of diagnosis: immunofluorescence, immobilization, microagglutination in phase contrast. If the disease is determined by clinical diagnosis, it is necessary to properly and timely distinguish from acute salmonellosis, dysentery, staphylococcal food poisoning or other diseases because the development proceeds without cholera gastritisNo abdominal pain, and body temperature rises.
We must remember that when all of the abovevomiting disease first begins, then diarrhea, cholera, but these two phenomena occur vice versa. In addition, the fluid from the body is lost much faster than in other types of diarrhea. In severe cases, weight lost fluids may even exceed the patient's body weight.
Cholera Treatment starts with hospitalization. The most basic task in the treatment of the disease - a stop dehydration and restoration of water-salt balance, which are caused by prolonged diarrhea and vomiting. For this administered solutions containing bicarbonate and sodium chloride, potassium chloride and glucose. In severe cases of the disease the patient is administered a liquid with a dropper.
The diet includes foods that arecontain large quantities of potassium salt. This element of many in tomatoes, dried apricots, potatoes and other foods. In the cases of patients who have the third and fourth degree of dehydration, using the nursing process, that is, the average daily dosage used tetracycline or chloramphenicol.
The patient was discharged only after fullrecovery and only with negative bacteriological analyzes of the study. If you start to treat cholera in time, the prognosis for recovery is favorable as the treatment of this disease is successful in almost one hundred percent of the time.
Treatment of folk remedies
Cholera can also be treated with the help of folk remedies. Quite popular methods are the following:
- chewy rhizomes calamus,as well as receiving the thickened tincture maximum concentration on sorokaprotsentnom alcohol. This tincture mouth rinse, disinfect hands and face during an epidemic;
- as a tincture taken grass vinca (2-3 tablespoons), insist in half a liter of boiling water. You need to drink 3-5 times a day before meals for half a glass;
- when infection taken inside the bark and leavesAmur velvet in the form of infusion. To prepare take a spoonful of raw materials and pushing it in a glass of boiling water. Take the infusion should be 3-5 times a day before meals for 2-3 tablespoons;
- to stop the vomiting is to take tincture of birch buds and 40% alcohol. Infusion need to take a tablespoon every hour until the complete cessation of vomiting;
- while severe diarrhea are inside the infusion of 1-2 tablespoons of a young oak bark infused into the cup of boiling water for 3 hours. The infusion should be drunk every 2 hours to 3 tablespoons;
- 2-3 hours to insist tablespoon of herbsSmall meadow-rue (simple) in a glass of boiling water (for taste you can add honey) and take before meals for 2-3 tablespoons of infusion 3-5 times a day. In viral infections, including those such as cholera, infusion purifies the blood. Also, the infusion has tonic properties for the whole body;
- in the form of tinctures take angelica rootordinary garlic. To prepare this infusion to grind thirty grams of the root and infuse it in 500 ml of white wine for 5-7 days, often shaking. Drink infusion should be 2-3 times a day for half a glass before a meal. Garlic should be eaten after drank the infusion.
cholera prevention can be carried out with the help ofcorpuscular cholera vaccine and the toxin-toxoid. Also it is necessary to monitor drinking water, which has to be decontaminated. For individuals that spent more than five days with an infected person should actively monitor doctors.
In the country or region where the risk of cholera is large enough, you must adhere to the following tips:
- you need to drink only boiled water;
- in carbonated drinks and packaged not add ice, frozen in the raw water;
- eat only fresh and thermally processed foods;
- before use should always be clean fruits and vegetables;
- not eat suspicious products as well as raw and inadequately treated, this includes seafood.
If you follow the above tips, the riskCholera infection is very small. But when you travel to countries where the disease is common, it is better to take with them the necessary medicines to help restore fluid amounts in the body.
There is a vaccine for the prevention of cholera, butit is not sufficiently reliable, besides not protect a long period of time. The vaccine is not able to protect people from cholera, at 100 percent, so it is better to keep yourself and stick to the rules of hygiene. But out in the country risk is best to consult with your doctor.