Neuropathy - a pathological condition nervous system. Injury or disease can affect any area of the body of the nerve fibers. There is a classification of neuropathy, the creators of which is focused on the type and location of the damaged nerve.
Types of breakdown
- Peripheral neuropathy. Mechanical damage or disease affects the nerves of the peripheral nervous system, i.e. that part of nervous tissue that is located outside of the brain and spinal cord. This type of neuropathy is localized to the tips of the fingers and toes, feet and hands.
- Proximal neuropathy. Pathology is characterized by painful sensations, concentrated in the hips and buttocks.
- Cranial neuropathy. This kind of pathology occurs on the basis of dysfunction of any one of the 12 pairs of cranial nerves that go directly from the brain. Cranial neuropathy is divided into visual and auditory. About visual neuropathy say when the optic nerve is damaged, the auditory neuropathy occurs when the damaged auditory nerve.
- Autonomic neuropathy occurs when thea result of an injury or illness suffered the autonomic nervous system, which is under the supervision of the activities of the heart muscle, blood flow, digestive activity, bladder and intestinal peristalsis, sweating and sexual sphere.
- Local neuropathy, symptoms which manifest themselves suddenly develops, as a rule, one defined by body portion.
Why there neuropathy
Necessary studies administered on the basis of the initial symptoms of neuropathy. To confirm a disorder of the nervous system is carried out such tests:
- Electromyography. By inserting a fine needle into the muscle to an electrode mounted how active muscle fibers.
- Test the speed of the nerve impulsefibers. On the skin of different parts of the body attach special sensors, equipped with electrodes. Each sensor produces a small electrical pulse that affects the next nerve. The electrical activity of nerve talking about the momentum transfer between the sensor electrodes.
In some cases resort to biopsy of nervefiber: a small section of nerve fiber tissue examined under a microscope. The subject of research as a rule, becomes part of the calf nerve fibers or nerve tissue on the wrist.
Drug therapy Pathology
Therapy begins pathology primarily witheliminating the root causes of disease. For example, the treatment of diabetes, infectious diseases, vitamin deficiency can significantly improve the patient's condition, which was faced with neuropathy.
Treatment of various types of neuropathy is symptomatic. Good to see the type of painkillers Ibuprofen do not give the desired effect when it comes to damage to the nervous tissue. For drugs that can alleviate neuropathic pain in a patient include:
- antidepressants (Amitriptyline, Paroxetine, etc.);
- anticonvulsants (carbamazepine, Pregabalin);
- opioids (tramadol, oxycodone);
- topical drugs (kapsaitsinovy cream, lidocaine patch).
Folk remedies for the treatment of neuropathy
MirSovetov recalls that all national prescriptions the patient must first be discussed with your doctor.
This is a simple but very effective way to relieve the pain of peripheral neuropathy. 3 times a day with bare feet treading water over the leaves of fresh nettle 15-20 minutes.
Make a mixture of sage leaves, Jerusalem artichoke,motherwort and oregano. Each herb, take 100 grams of raw materials and pour 3 liters of boiling water, leave for an hour. Then, immerse the affected part of the body in the bath for 15-20 minutes.
Even if the house did not have proper herbs, you can just hold the patients feet in warm water and then smear a foot cream, which includes bee venom.
Perfectly eliminates the pain in my feet lemon peel, soaked in olive oil. Pribintuyte "medicine" to the feet, wear warm socks and leave overnight.
Can the prevention of neuropathy
If possible, avoid the complications of diseases that can cause neuropathy development. In diabetes, for example, the need to regularly monitor the level of Blood sugarWithout allowing it to a critical level. This will help to avoid the appearance of diabetic neuropathy. The same applies to a nervous breakdown, which develops on the basis of incorrect or insufficient nutrition, alcohol abuse. Hereditary and genetic disorders of the nervous system to prevent unfortunately impossible.