What is periodontitis? This gum disease and all tissues which surround the tooth with a root. It gums, ligaments, alveolar bone (part of the bone in the jaw where the tooth is attached itself). Periodontitis - it is also a terrible and unpleasant disease as caries. Dentists believe that periodontal disease can bereveal every second adult, and children - in 80 cases out of 100. How does the disease? In the first place, one begins to notice that the gums are fragile, and there is blood when brushing your teeth. This may occur from time to time or permanently, almost every day.
Most of us are accustomed to the fact that duringhygienic procedures may appear a little blood. People believe that the blame for the wrong toothbrush selected, haste or lack of vitamins. But in reality this is not so and if there is blood in the time of oral hygiene, then it is the first bell of a dangerous disease.
Periodontitis may occur due to the abnormalchanges in the body, heart failure, failures in the endocrine system. The fact that in the periodontal tissues has many blood vessels, therefore the infection can quickly spread and migrate through the body.
By the way, the inflammatory process may cover both1-2, and several teeth. If a person is struck by only a few teeth, then the disease is called localized, and if the disease has spread to most of the dentition, then he called generalized periodontitis. If the patient diagnosed with "periodontitis", it means that the disease has already become chronic. specialist task - to find out the cause, treatment plan and to try to prevent the worsening of the disease.
The reasons for the development of periodontitis
The first sign - a frequent bleeding gums. First sick thinks he's brushing his teeth too vigorously or chose a stiff brush. But when, after the brush and right movements change during brushing teeth gums bleed, it's time to think about. Especially if there is blood on a regular basis, several times a week.
In addition to bleeding gums is necessary to pay attention to the color of fabrics, if the gums turned white, or vice versa, darkened, bleeding does not pass, you need to visit the dentist.
Experts say a few stages of the disease:
- Chronic (mild, moderate and severe).
If the disease is left untreated, the acute processcontinues to progress slowly, and the tooth is loosened, exposed neck and the man complains of the high sensitivity of the teeth (a reaction to cold, hot, sweet, sour, etc.). Gradually, the teeth are leaving, the gaps between them are formed, between which the food gets stuck. Gums sore, bleeding, may have a fever. At this stage, the disease can be seen even with the naked eye tartar. Chewing food is difficult, which is detrimental to the overall work of the whole organism.
Mild disease - bleeding gums,gingival sulcus deepened by 3 mm. Mouth stands unpleasant putrid odor, gums may bleed suddenly, even if the person does not brush his teeth or chew food. Changes gum color and appearance, are formed between the teeth gaps.
Average degree - is characterized by not only the selectionblood from the gums, but also itchy and unpleasant throbbing gums. It seems that the teeth become mobile, chewing becomes uncomfortable and constantly breath smells bad.
Severe disease is characterized by stronga pain, chew your food becomes impossible due to pain and bleeding gums, teeth are displaced and can fall out. If in this period to abandon the daily oral hygiene, then very quickly on the teeth and plaque appears the disease is getting worse.
The worsening of periodontal disease - the patient is suffering fromsevere throbbing pain, there are general malaise (weakness, pain in the heart), increased body temperature. The gums redden, swell, and pockets of pus gums.
How do you know that periodontal disease continues to progress:
- bad breath;
- teeth become mobile, stagger;
- gum drops, exposing the root neck of the tooth;
- alveolar gradually destroyed - it is fraught with loss of teeth.
Treatment of periodontitis
At an early stage of the disease is easy to identify and begin treatment promptly. If periodontal disease does not progress, then you can resort to preventive measures.
Our website recommends:
- hygiene - every day, without any gaps, you need to brush your teeth in the morning and evening;
- do not forget about the meat: raw fruits and vegetables helps to strengthen the gums and remove soft deposits on the teeth;
- include in the diet high in foods vitamin C;
- every day to eat the young watercress. Grow it can be at home on the windowsill;
- daily after brushing Do yourself a massagegum - on the thumb apply a little toothpaste and walk around the gums massage movements (from the gum to the tooth in the upper jaw, and vice versa - at the bottom). Massage should be done in circular movements: clockwise in the morning, against - in the evening. Strong pressure on the gums is not necessary. Duration of treatment - no more than 7 minutes. After the massage the gums, it is desirable to rinse the mouth with tincture of sage and chamomile.
At the initial stage of the disease can be controlled with periodontitis yourself at home.
Our site offers to familiarize with folk remedies treatment of periodontitis:
- Crushed propolis (25 g) to put ina glass bowl and pour the alcohol (10 mL). You can take supplements without vodka - 150 ml. bee product mix well in liquid, put the shredded dry St. John's wort (flowers only), put in a dark place for 2 weeks. After every 3-4 days with a bottle of tincture should be shaken. After 2 weeks you need to drain the solution and rinse their mouth up to 5 times a day. In 1 cup of water will need 60 drops of tincture.
- Sunflower oil - keeping in the mouth (1 tsp.). A few minutes, it is possible to rinse the mouth. Duration of treatment - at least six months.
- To strengthen the gums, you need every day to rub garlic juice or freshly squeezed juice of yarrow. Dermatologic 2 weeks, the course can be repeated after 5 days.
- To get rid of unpleasant feelings,It should be rubbed into the gums honey mixed with salt (20 g of honey - 10 g salt baked). For convenience, the mixture is placed in a gauze bag and rub the gums.
- Remove the toothache help sage - rinseaching tooth warm broth, you can hold it in his mouth to cool. Then dial a fresh batch and continue rinsing. Frequency - to 5 times a day after every 1.5 hour.
- Sage Chamomile (1 ch. L.) Pour a glass of boiled water, 10-15 minutes, filter, rinse the need for 30 seconds.
These recommendations are suitable for the treatment of primarystage of the disease. When the process is started, it is difficult to treat periodontitis. For example, if the inflammation of the gums caused by wearing incorrect prosthetics (crowns or malocclusion), the first reason is eliminated, and then selected the appropriate treatment.
If the problem is the scale and nature of the reasondiseases associated with changes in the body (heredity, stress, hormonal failure and so forth.), then get rid of this problem is very difficult. In exceptional cases, the specialists have resorted to surgery to qualitatively clean pocket and remove deposits. It responds well to treatment of periodontitis with laser.
In general, for the treatment of periodontitis integrated approach: taking vitamins, herbal infusions, rinse, laser treatment of tissue, reception antibiotics. The treatment process is not fast, so you need to tune in to the fight and do not rush. Remember that the most important thing - it's oral hygiene, every day!