Renal colic and its causes
An acute attack of pain in the lumbar region is usually comes as a result of severe disruption circulatory in the kidney and urine outflow therefrom. The renal pelvis is stretched under the pressure of accumulated fluid, causing a wild pain. It begins suddenly, with a gradual increase in the lower back, moving in the groin, leg and genitals. Tolerate this condition is almost impossible, and well, when there are patients with similar people who can provide first aid. It is important to know here that could provoke a spasm. And evoke renal colic following pathologies:
- urolithiasis, as the most common cause. Typically, severe pain occurs when you move a stone on the urinary tract and the plugging of the lumen of the ureter;
- acute or chronic pyelonephritis;
- kidney tumor;
- various kidney injury;
- gynecological ailments.
Typically, renal colic with urolithiasisnot preceded by any symptoms. Man feels fine, and at some point feels pain. Making the stone can move after the backstab or fall, a large number of drinking beer, or, for example, when eaten watermelon. Receiving diuretics for preventing stone formation also results in movement of the calculus. Often pregnant women in the third trimester of pregnancy begins to move away stone. This is due to the expansion of the urinary tract, which is characteristic for this period of gestation.
The risk of kidney stones is higher in people who:
- have a genetic predisposition to the disease;
- a few years ago we have already withdrawn from the kidney stone. In this case, the probability of repeat of - 60%;
- constantly suffer physical activity;
- work in conditions of prolonged overheating;
- previous chickenpox disease, leading to the formation of stones (polycystic kidney disease);
- continuously take poorly soluble drugs.
During the initial appearance of a man of such pain it is necessary to call an ambulance and go to the urology department. Only a specialist can determine the true cause of colic.
As a diagnostic physician applies the following methods:
- examination of the patient and an assessment of its condition;
- palpation of the lumbar region;
- study of heart rate and blood pressure;
- fixing the pain associated symptoms: nausea and vomiting.
The most reliable way to kidney researchIt is an X-ray examination. Special contrast agent that is administered to the patient intravenously, allows you to see the picture position of the stone, urinary tract changes, the possible displacement of the kidney or ureter bend.
This diagnostic technique also reveals many other rarer causes of renal colic.
First aid and treatment of renal colic
- Feeling a sharp pain, the first thing to do - is to take obezvolivayuschy drug. As practice shows, No-Spa and Ibuprofen this issue is almost powerless, a little help relieve pain Baralgin. The hospital inject this medication intramuscularly, and, by the way, he also helps not always.
- The next step will be the elimination of spasmadoption of a hot bath. Fill the tank up to half, you need to go into the water for at least 15 minutes. Thanks to this procedure, the wall of the ureter a little weakened, tension subsides and the patient will feel relief. The water should be hot enough to be in it it was almost impossible. This procedure should be carried out only in the event that the cause of pain is urolithiasis.
- In the hospital the doctor may suggest the patient a heating pad, which also has a similar effect.
- Conservative treatment of renal colic is to assign the patient litholytic special preparations for the removal of ureteral stones.
- In addition to the above activities in renal colic is important to observe a drinking mode. It is necessary to drink diuretic teas, water, fruit drinks and fruit drinks in an amount of up to 3 liters per day.
- Promotion calculus promotes physicalactivity. If you allow the forces and managed to remove the main symptom of colic, it is possible to walk up the stairs, jump or run in place. These exercises will push a stone to the door.
As mentioned above, when the size of the stone up to 5 mm,it is hoped to bring him by means of conservative treatment. However, in more advanced cases, when the stones reach a size of 1.5 cm, as well as any serious complications, doctors can not do anything but to carry out the operation.
In the past, when there was no such minimally invasivemedical technology in urology practice open surgery to remove the stone and the recovery process of a discharge of urine from the kidney. Today, there is new equipment to remove calculus with minimal interference and virtually painless. Thanks to this machine as a lithotripter, ultrasound can be remotely crushed stone.
If renal colic was caused by other symptoms, such as inflammation or kidney tumor, in this case to perform medical operation to restore the urinary tract or the removal of an organ.
Renal colic: dieting
The salt in the diet is necessary to limit the maximum. In order not to aggravate the pain is recommended to remove from their daily menu of foods such as:
- salt, hot spices and condiments;
- nourishing broths;
You can eat watermelon, pumpkin, zucchini, variousfruit juices and vegetables. Not allowed as dairy products and egg whites. As the pain quencher can be added to the diet of lean meat and fish. First course in acute renal colic should be vegetarian and diet. Vegetables be steamed better.
From the moment we started renal colicwebsite recommends eating plenty of fluids, which will help the kidneys to deduce the infection and wash out the existing stones. Depending on the type of calculus (urate, phosphate, oxalate, and so on) must be chosen appropriate diet.
Unfortunately, people who do not know firsthand,What is renal pain usually ignore dieting and other recommendations of the doctor. If there is a predisposition to the formation of stones, then it is likely that the pain happen again. "Thick" urine is beneficial environment for the formation of stones, which is why it is so important to consume a sufficient amount of pure water.
Renal colic - is a pathology, the cause of which can be determined only specialist. That's why to delay treatment in a medical institution is highly undesirable.