Usually the first symptoms of the disease parentsobserve the child in early childhood. The periodic exacerbations may occur later (relapses). We will tell readers why this disease occurs, what are its distinguishing features. We talk about effective methods of treatment of atopic dermatitis, it focuses on nutrition, prevent aggravation and deterioration of the skin. So, first things first.
Why there is atopic dermatitis
The main reason doctors believe geneticpredisposition to allergic reactions. Such a state is referred to by the term "atopy" that formed the basis of the name of the disease. People with atopic dermatitis have a gene that is responsible for increasing the body's production of special immune cells, they and cause allergies. As a rule, the family of the sick child in this type of dermatitis already have relatives with allergies to pollen, animal dander, any food or having a diagnosis "bronchial asthma". Another stimulus, provoking disease canIt is the presence of Staphylococcus aureus on the skin of the child. Products of vital activity of the organism and cause allergic reactions. More cause allergic reactions can be pathogens seborrhoeic dermatitis in infants (Malassezia furfur) and fungi Candida genus and others. More is revealed a number of factors contributing to the later appearance of the baby atopic dermatitis:
- pregnancy complicated by her mother;
- viral disease and taking certain drugs during pregnancy;
- failure to comply with the diet during the waiting period of the child;
- later attachment baby to the breast or bottle-feeding;
- early introduction of complementary foods or wrong;
- imbalance of microflora in the gut, the situation where there is dominated by pathogenic microorganisms (dysbiosis);
- violation of the child contractility of the gallbladder and the difficulties in the discharge of bile through the ducts (dyskinesia);
- helminth infections in children;
- frequent colds, Sinusitis, frontal sinusitis, sinusitis, Tonsillitis, bronchitis, tracheitis and other ENT diseases at an early age.
If parents notice the child listedbefore signs of the disease, then surely we must turn to the pediatrician, who will send to the dermatologist, allergist. Experts will diagnose previously conducted a number of surveys:
- skin tests (tests showing that it goes on an allergic reaction);
- blood quantity determination of specific antibodies, immunoglobulins.
These surveys will help the doctor give the right instructions to the patient regarding further treatment of atopic dermatitis.
Doctors believe that the disease is completely curedimpossible, since it is a genetic predisposition. One can only prolong the periods of remission and reduce the symptoms. Remission can be achieved by the following methods:
- Avoid contact with the allergen baby, which is the cause of exacerbations.
- The use of funds, reduce the symptoms of the disease. Sometimes the doctor prescribes Advantan, Elokim, other hormonal creams and ointments, giving detailed advice and guidance on their application. Safer Elidel Cream (even for babies), it does not contain corticosteroids. It is appropriate to use wetting agents, for example, the brand "Muster", mousse or cream «Atoderm». If there is a risk of infection, the doctor prescribes Fukortsin, gentamicin ointment for combating fungi can be applied Nizoral.
- Inside recommended Aerius, Zyrtec, Suprastin. In severe cases, injections of prednisolone, dexamethasone.
- Special, individually for each little patient diet. It can be recommended for a period of six months to two years.
- Appointment of drugs that normalize the immune system.
- Prevention of the factors that may potentiate disease.
Children who are suffering from atopic dermatitis, need special care and attention from adults.
Carefully choose for the baby, creams, ointments, detergent, shampoo, soap and other means. Give preference to hypoallergenic products. Good rinse clothes.
Do not sweat the child.
It takes a special approach to the choice of clothing, remember that some wool or synthetic agents may exacerbate the disease.
The diet in atopic dermatitis
And now dwell on the basis of the treatment of atopic dermatitis - compliance with a hypoallergenic diet.
Here are the main principles to follow in the preparation of such a diet:
- Be sure to exclude products that cancause deterioration of the skin and aggravation of allergies. These are called allergens. Each patient they own. The most common and well-known chocolate, citrus fruits, nuts, strawberries and other berries, tomatoes and other vegetables, red fruits, milk, fish and bee products.
- We'll have to avoid foods rich in histamine. Among them, sausage, smoked, baked with yeast, canned fish, bananas, kiwi fruit, coffee. More enhance histamine release such components prepared foods as emulsifiers, flavors, preservatives, flavor enhancers, and various dyes.
- It is desirable to include in the diet as much as possible of products containing substances that protect the skin cells from damage, promote healing and tissue regeneration.
- Do not overload the liver heavy food, which is very busy working to rid the body of harmful toxins and other effects of allergic reactions.
- Decrease intake of gluten (e.g., foods containing wheat flour), since it is allergy poorly tolerated in many patients.
Choosing the right diet allergist,compliance with other useful tips will help extend remission. If and will again appear rash and itching, in smaller quantities. And one more farewell from MirSovetov: the child should surround the friendly and positive atmosphere in the family, teach it correctly and safely undergo stressful situations, because if a person is nervous, upset, worried, it leads to many diseases, including skin.