What is the pulpit?
Many people believe that if the inflamed tooth nervethis is pulpitis. In fact, with pulpitis inflamed a neurovascular bundle, called the pulp. It nourishes each tooth. Inside the tooth has a pulp chamber, here it's the pulp is placed. Soft tissue consisting of blood vessels and nerve fibers in the healthy tooth pulp "live" quietly and not making its presence felt. But as soon as it becomes inflamed, there is so strong and unbearable toothacheThat man almost "climb the wall". But why the pulp becomes inflamed? pulpitis The reasons could be:
- Deep caries or complications arising during its elimination. If caries Left untreated, the carious cavity and the chamber whereLocated pulp, separated only by a small layer of tissue, while nerve to fall poisonous substances secreted by pathogenic microorganisms, and it leads to an inflammatory process.
- The infection spread by hematogenous, came to a tooth blood flow.
- tooth injuries, they are especially characteristic of the athletes.
- Thermal or chemical attack, for example, low-quality material fillings, erroneous actions of a dentist.
The main symptom of course, considered tothe appearance of pain. It can be sharp, paroxysmal, aching, "sweep". She appears in one tooth - locally, but the impression is created that the "whining" the whole jaw, the surrounding teeth, too. Or she gives to her neck, ear and temple. Moreover, its intensity increases, in contact with tooth cold, hot or sweet. Emphasize pain usually at night. It manifests an acute pulpitis. But there are also chronic form occurring under seal asymptomatic or occasionally accompanied by aching pain, until complications arise.
The pulpit can be complicated by?
If a person does not go to the hard dentalclinic, suffering pain, sleepless nights or swallowing pain pills, it can lead to such complications as periodontitis. From the inflamed pulp infection gradually penetrates beyond the boundaries of the tooth and causes the development of inflammation in the tissues surrounding the root of the tooth. The danger is that there is a destruction of the bone tissue, formation of radicular cysts, granulomas and kistogranulёm. These inflammatory lesions difficult to cure therapies, therefore it is necessary to remove the tooth suffering. In addition, the focus of infection can spread through the bloodstream throughout the body, causing aggravation of a number of existing chronic diseases of certain organs.
What can be done?
If you are suddenly overtaken by severe pain in the tooth, you can:
- put on the aching tooth or a cavity in its cotton wool moistened with tincture of valerian drops dental, pharmacy solution hydrogen peroxide at a concentration of 3%;
- rinse your mouth with a solution prepared from a teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide solution and 100 ml of warm water or infusion of sage leaves;
- take into analgesic, ie painkillers, such as Tempalgin, Pentalgin, Ibuprofen, Nurofen, Nise.
But all these measures are temporary, they will remove the pain for a few hours, and then by all means it is necessary to take the voucher to the dentist.
And here you are in the dentist's chair. First, the doctor will examine the mouth, if necessary, to conduct tests on the sensitivity. Then, a radiograph to confirm the diagnosis and plan further treatment - it all depends on the anatomy of roots and canals, as well as the kind of pulpit.
How is the treatment?
The dentist tasks include patient relief from unbearable pain, the elimination of the inflammatory process in the pulp, the restoration of form and physiological function of the tooth. Apply 2 treatment:
- Conservative, which is also calledbiological. His goal: to save all (or part of) a viable pulp. But this is possible only if the inflammatory phenomena are reversible. The biological method may be applied in case of injuries of the tooth or by careless opening of the pulp during the treatment procedure-gone deep caries. The exposed pulp carefully handled antiseptics then superimposed gasket made on the basis of tricalcium phosphate or calcium hydroxide. Only then you can proceed to sealing. After this treatment the inflammation must withdraw, but the doctor will recommend annually come to the reception and to make the treated tooth X-rays to monitor his condition. And one more important condition - the method is suitable if since the appearance of tooth pain did not go more than two days.
- Surgery - is aimed at complete removal of the pulp, a process called extirpation. And only then you can start to canal filling, tooth cavities, the restoration of his sight.
The method includes several consecutive walking steps.
Vital tactics of treatment is carried out withoutuse arsenic. Were anesthetized (local), then remove the remnants of food subjected to tissue decay and tooth cavity is opened, and then inflamed pulp is removed. Next, using special tools treated root canals to any foci of inflammation gone. Mandatory washing with antiseptic solutions.
Non-vital treatment strategy based on the factto first kill using arsenic or bezmyshyakovistyh drugs (less toxic, with a paste consisting of paraformaldehyde and anesthetic) inflamed nerve. An agent capable of killing the nerve to apply for a few days, when the patient comes for the second time to the reception, the nerve, lost sensitivity removed.
In the future, the empty root canal filling material tightly filled (usually gutta percha), that then there is not settled germs.
In modern hospitals, before startto treatment is carried analgesia, anesthesia i.e., the patient felt no pain during dental procedures. The place where the anesthetic is administered (articaine, lidocaine) is first treated with a gel having surfactant properties anesthetics.
When sealing the control channel is carried out X-ray, the doctor was convinced that there is no void in the channel.
If after a visit to the dentist and performancesseals have ongoing pain, especially in the later time of the day, it may indicate that perhaps part of the inflamed pulp remained in the channel, so she makes itself felt. Either a dentist badly spent processing antiseptic solutions channels before filling procedure. Then again, I will have to see a doctor. If after a discharge of anesthetic action on the first day of the final stage of the treatment of minor pain in the tooth has a pressure-sensitive, but they quickly die down, then do not worry - manifested reaction to treatment.
After removing the nerve from the tooth of time canposeret or completely darken and become brittle. This phenomenon is easy to explain - to the tooth does not come with the blood nutrients, fabric wear, but can no longer recover. In such cases put on a tooth crown, to strengthen it and to improve the aesthetic appearance of the oral cavity.
our website cautions readers that the actions of inexperienced dentists can lead to complications such as:
- output material for filling the root apex;
- insufficient filling of the root canal filling material to the presence of voids;
- nezaplombirovka one channel because of his undetected;
- formation of openings in the wall of the tooth or root canal;
- fracture used in the treatment of a special tool in the channel cavity.
Are there features in the treatment of pulpitis in children?
pulpitis develops rapidly in primary teeth. The mainstay of treatment is the same as in adults. But there are a number of features. It is important that the process of inflammation is not passed to the tissues located around the tooth, because they contain the rudimentary basics of permanent tooth. Children's doctors use materials that will no longer affect the resorption of roots of deciduous teeth. Use the special pasta with property dissolve both with roots in the period of change of milk Zubikov the constant. Anesthesia should be qualitative and harmless for children. Dentists try to save the baby tooth, because early removal of these teeth can lead to the formation of the patient's malocclusion.
To protect themselves from the pulpit, timely treatcaries. Even if there is no pain, try twice a year visit the dentist to watch your teeth doctor detect and fix problems in the oral cavity.