General information about the preparation
Donormil referred to as sedatives,belonging to the group of blockers of H1-histamine receptors (class of ethanolamines). It helps to fall asleep, can increase the duration of sleep, not affecting the sleep phase. The drug takes from six to nine hours.
The active ingredient is Donormila doxilamine succinate. He produced in France in the form of:
- Rectangular white tabletsand risk on each side, coated. There are 30 pieces in a package, they are packed in polypropylene tubes. In addition to the active substance of doxylamine, they contain auxiliary ingredients: croscarmellose sodium, microcrystalline cellulose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate. The film membrane consists of hypromellose, macrogol 6000, Sepispers AR 7001.
- Effervescent large white okruglotsilindricheskihtablets. The package contains two plastic tubes, each of which is present 10 tablets are used for the preparation of an effervescent solution. In addition to the active substance used in the production of citric acid anhydrous, macrogol 6000, sodium carbonate, sodium phosphate and sodium sulfate (anhydrous), sodium benzoate.
Doxylamine fairly rapidly absorbed(Absorbed) in the digestive tract, it passes through the blood-brain and other blood-tissue barriers throughout the body. Partially metabolized in hepatic cells, and then excreted through the kidneys and gastrointestinal tract.
When the recommended sleeping pills Donormil?
Approximately 15 minutes before youwant to go to bed, you need to take the whole tablet (or half). If you have a rectangular tablets, which are coated and are intended for internal use, they just swallowed and washed down with water. But if your packaging large round effervescent tablets type, their pre-dissolved in water (200 ml).
If the tool does not help normalizefalling asleep and quiet sleep, you should inform your doctor. Perhaps the doctor will increase the dose to two tablets. Tablets are taken for five days. If during this period of time you do not notice improvements in sleep stabilization, it is necessary to get other recommendations from a doctor for further tactics your state correction.
About side effects
At reception Donormila sometimes possible unwanted effects, such as:
- sleepiness in the daytime;
- dry mouth;
- constipation, Delayed emptying of the bladder;
Our site wants to warn readers that you can not use sleeping pills when Donormil:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- closed-form glaucoma (Elevated intraocular pressure), as the chamber of the eye pressure can rise even more;
- hyperplasia (swelling) of the prostate;
- prostate cancer;
- doxylamine allergic reactions to other components in the composition specified in the instructions;
- congenital galactosemia, lactase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption;
- age up to 15 years.
Care should be someone who has pulmonary disorders, cases of sleep apnea (cessation of breathing) in history.
You should know
Sleeping pills Donormil if it appliesin conjunction with other sedatives (benzodiazepines, barbiturates, anxiolytics, antipsychotics, antidepressants, clonidine, narcotic analgesic) may depressing effect on the CNS.
Dryness in the mouth and urinary retention Morelonger make themselves felt if Donormil use in conjunction with holinoblokatorami (eg atropinovymi antispasmodics, antiparkinsonian drugs).
Admission Donormila reduces emetic effect associated with the use of Apomorphine.
If a nutritionist recommended that you follow a diet where salt is limited, then keep in mind that 484 milligrams of sodium is present in one effervescent tablet.
If you suddenly woke up during the night (eg, load "natural" Service "), it is likely dizziness or inhibition when get up from bed. This is especially true of people over the age of 65 years.
It is necessary to carefully assign Donormil those people whose profession requires quick psychomotor reactions, high concentration.
Patients who have kidney or liver failure, take Donormil in smaller dosages.
Sleeping pills Donormil incompatible with alcohol. It can not be taken if you drink an alcoholic beverage, or medicines that contain alcohol.
If the drug overdosed, the symptoms appear:
- worsening of mood;
- sense of anxiety;
- craving to sleep in the daytime;
- hand tremors, disturbances of coordination of movements;
- epileptiform seizures;
- convulsive twitching;
- redness of the face;
- mydriasis (pupil dilation);
- sinus tachycardia;
- temperature increase;
- involuntary movements;
In case of overdose symptomatic treatment is required in severe cases - hospitalization.
Do not appoint a sedative alone, so as not to harm the health, because they have contraindications.