Aloe is known to all, and it can be found in almost every home. Homeland of this evergreen plant is considered to be Africa. Currently, there are more than 300 species of aloe.
Any sort of aloe vera has certain medicinalproperties, thanks to its juice contained in the leaves. However, the inside is possible to use only those species that do not grow a tree, a bush. Tree Aloe is well suited for outdoor applications (to heal festering wounds, burns, allergic rashes etc.).
At home, on our windowsills with you often grow aloe shrubs that serve as first aid for many diseases.
How to grow aloe
Aloe quite undemanding plant. Even if we forget about it and do not look for a long time, nothing catastrophic happens. However, if you want to grow gorgeous, healthy and full of aloe, our site advises to follow some rules.
- For Aloe is desirable to use a light soil mix containing brick chips and charcoal.
- In the soil, intended to aloe, it is not necessary to add peat.
- In summer, moderate watering is required, a lot of heat and light.
- In winter, watering should be slightly less than in summer, and the room bright and cool. The optimum temperature for winter aloe 12-14 ° C.
- Periodically aloe is necessary to feed special fertilizer for cacti and succulent.
- Transplant young plants of aloe is necessary every year, and the old - every 3 years. Aloe is considered old older than 5 years.
- Propagated Aloe can be seeds, stem and leaf cuttings, and dividing the tuber.
Aloe in cosmetics
Aloe leaves contain essential oils, about 20amino acids, vitamins B, C, E, beta-carotene, dietary fiber and other nutrients and enzymes, trace elements, and also have a bactericidal effect. In cosmetology aloe are used as wound healing, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory agent for the healing of sunburns, and psoriasis, prevention and treatment of acne, boils, dermatitis and other skin diseases. The extract of aloe juice cleanses and opens the pores, moisturizes and tightens the skin as easily able to penetrate deeply into the skin, restoring the metabolism and stimulate cell regeneration and reduces inflammation and irritation. Therefore, creams containing aloe, cosmetologists recommend to moisturize and protect the skin of the face and body with prolonged exposure to the sun (beach, solarium).
Beauty salons often offer baths for relaxation, whose composition is added either extract or aloe vera extract, canned or fresh juice of aloe.
And at home to preserve youthfulness of skin of the face and neck for a long time can be quite easy if every day before going to bed apply fresh juice of aloe, after having washed and steam the face.
Any cosmetic company has in itsarsenal series of products containing extract of aloe juice. Enough popular and accessible means of cosmetics companies like Avon, Oriflame, Faberlic, Mary Kay, and others. Each of them offers a wide range of cosmetic products, including those containing aloe extract. As a general rule, set aloesoderzhaschih assets of these companies is designed to care for young skin of all types, as well as for the supply and recovery of problematic skin. List aloesoderzhaschey makeup looks like this:
- clarifying toner (Avon - Purifying Astringent, Oriflame - Aloe Gentle Toner, Aloe Vera Soothing Toner, Mary Kay - Hydrating Freshener 1);
- Cleansing Cream (Avon - Aloe & Avocado Face Cream, Clarifyinf Cover SPF 15, Oriflame - Aloe Protective Moisturiser, Aloe Vera Soothing Face Cream);
- Facial Scrub (Oriflame - Aloe Soft Scrub);
- Cooling Eye Gel (Oriflame - Aloe Refreshing Eye Gel);
- Cleansing Gel for washing (Avon - Blackhead Clearing Cleanser, Oriflame - Aloe Facial Wash, Aloe Vera Soothing Face Wash, Aloe 80% Pure Gel);
- lip balm (Avon - Aloe & Avocado Lip Balm, Oriflame - SPF 8 Aloe Lip Balm, Aloe Vera Soothing Lip Balm);
- soap (Oriflame - Liquid Hand Soap with hydrating Aloe Vera & Lotus, Mary Kay - TimeWise 3-In-1 Cleansing Bar);
- creams, gels, body lotions (Avon - Summer &Soft Cooling Gel Moisturiser with Aloe, Intensive Callus Cream, Faberlic - Body Gel after depilation with extracts of aloe and papaya, Mary Kay - Hydrating Lotion);
- shower gel (Avon - Summer & Soft Refreshing Body Wash with Aloe, Mary Kay - 2-in-1 Body Wash & Shave);
- sunscreens (Avon - Kids Sun Cream Aloe and Vitamin E SPF 30, Kids Sun Cream Aloe and Vitamin E SPF50, After Sun Soothing Rescue Gel).
However, our site is to draw your attention tothis important point: that the properties of aloe vera in cosmetics gave such a powerful effect, as described in the instructions (reduces inflammation and irritation, heals purulent wounds, etc.), its concentration should be at least 20%. Only then they will have properties close to the therapeutic creams and ointments, in which the concentration of aloe from 20 to 80%. All media content aloe mentioned above shall not exceed 15%, which provides only a partial effect of aloe on the skin (light meals and bactericidal protection). To say that this fact is a complete fraud advertising course and cosmetic companies, it is impossible, because the cost of these funds actually corresponds to the quantity they contain active substances. That is why such tools are only effective for young skin, which requires only prevention and the maintenance of tone.
Mature skin requires a strong power,which can be achieved by the means containing aloe extract not less than 25% (the value of these assets will be much higher than previously mentioned). For example, the Spanish firm Belnatur (Belnatyur), a manufacturer of professional cosmetics line offers tools with aloe vera, which includes a series of creams for mature oily dehydrated skin that is often characteristic of the age of thirty. All creams that line (FITOALOE / FITOALOE - regenerating cream for dry mature skin, HYDROPLANT / GIDROPLANT - moisturizer for normal, combination and oily skin, HYDRODERMA / Hydradermie - moisturizing, protecting cream emulsion for all skin types, HYDRO-SPORT BLOCK 25 / hYDRO SPORT UNIT 25 - moisturizing and protective foundation for all skin types with SPF-25) aloe vera is the main and the main component, and creams, in turn, relieve inflammation and regulate the hydro-lipid skin balance, It slows the aging process.
Positive reviews and boastsGerman company Lavera (Lavera) Faces, a professional manufacturer of natural cosmetics, among which there was a place for the line "Aloe Vera" for sensitive skin (Bio-Protective Cream "Aloe Vera", Bio-Cleansing Milk "Aloe Vera", bio- tonic for the face, "Aloe Vera", Bio-fluid moisturizer for the face, "Aloe Vera"). All funds in this series are designed to protect, moisturize and supply both young and mature skin of face and neck. A very important advantage of this series is the absence of allergens, which can cause irritation and itching for sensitive skin.
Aloe in medicine
Aloe, and, respectively and formulations thatit contains, have strong anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-bacterial properties, which is important in the fight against pathogens. Aloesoderzhaschie drugs are widely used in many fields of medicine (gynecology, dentistry, dermatology, surgery, internal medicine, immunology) for the treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (gastritis, ulcers, constipation), diseases of the eye (conjunctivitis, myopia, inflammation of the cornea), and skin, inflammatory oral diseases, SARS, etc.
The following information is our websiteexploratory in nature, and in any case is not a recommendation to self. Before use of each drug on a mandatory basis should consult with your doctor.
The drug can easily find pharmacies, which is called "aloe juice"Obtained by connecting juicefreshly jointed aloe leaves and rubbing alcohol in a ratio of 8: 2 (100 ml vials - 80 ml of aloe juice and 20 ml of ethyl alcohol). "Aloe" is most often prescribed for gastritis, gastroenteritis, enterocolitis, constipation, arthritis, polyarthritis, colitis, enterocolitis, conjunctivitis, periodontitis and others. Diseases.
Another of the most popular and effectivedrugs is "Syrup of aloe with iron." This drug is an amazing combination of the two most powerful and important ingredients: aloe juice and iron. The presence of iron in the formulation improves blood circulation and recovery of metabolism.
A contained in the juice of aloe and other trace elementsthe aforementioned nutrients strengthen and activate the protective function of the body and help fight infectious agents. Usually, "Syrup aloe iron"Included in the treatment of infectious origin hypochromic anemia, intoxication, radiation disease, Internal bleeding, fatigue.
Another fairly common drug - "aloe Liniment". It includes canned aloe tree. In case of burns it is recommended to apply without rubbing onthe affected skin. In addition to this "liniment aloe" prescribed in treatment in arthrosis, polyarthritis, periarthritis, amphodontosis, periodontitis, conjunctivitis.
Drug use are fairly narrow "Tablets aloe", Which are recommended in addition to the maincourse of treatment and prevention of progressive myopia and myopic chorioretinitis. "Tablets Aloe" contains 50 mg of crushed canned aloe leaf.
In the treatment of a number of eye diseases(Progressive myopia, myopic chorioretinitis, conjunctivitis, keratitis, iritis, vitreous opacities, etc.), Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (stomach ulcer and duodenal ulcers, and others.) Are very effective drugs "Aloe Liquid"And"Aloe liquid for injection", Which are aqueous extract of fresh or canned dried aloe leaves.
Indications of both drugs are the same,the difference is only in the form of application: the first drug should drink 1 teaspoon 3 times a day, and the second - to prick the skin on 1 ml per day. When using these drugs need to remember that they are absolutely contraindicated in severe cardiovascular diseases and pregnancy.
Aloe in any form (except Aloe vera) categoricallycontraindicated to use those who are prone to tumors, as aloe is a powerful biological stimulant that speeds up the process of development of any tumor cells.
Again, it is not necessary in a number ofmentioned in the article, and other diseases on their own or with the help of advice of the pharmacist in the pharmacy to pick up aloesoderzhaschie medications - consult your doctor, who correctly select your course of treatment according to the results of tests and studies.
Preparation aloe home
Amid all the preparations, the proposedthe pharmaceutical industry, we should not forget the fresh aloe on your windowsill. Traditional medicine assigns this miraculous plant an important place in the treatment of many diseases. There are many recipes for the treatment of a disease, but most importantly, collect ingredients and prepare for them properly.
Collect aloe can be at any time of the year. However, not all the leaves should pluck. Aloe growing tip, and therefore more mature leaves from the bottom. Navigate need at the tips of the leaves - as soon as the tips began to dry, the sheet is ready-to-drink juice and it most useful. Cut the sheet must be at the bottom, and it is better to simply break off from the stem. But it is worth remembering that after collecting the leaves they can not keep in the open air for more than 3-4 hours, otherwise lost the lion's share of their medicinal properties. Eat can be as fresh plucked leaves and a variety of blends and infusions of them.
Prepare drug aloe homenot difficult. As already mentioned, the leaves must be taken or the lower medium (preferably thick and fleshy) of no less than 15 centimeters. Depending upon the recipe and preparation technique drug Aloe can be prepared in two ways. In some cases, it requires only the juice of aloe, without skin. Juice can be a squeeze of hands sheet without peeling (at the same time the waste is not only skin, but also the flesh), or peel, use only the pulp. In other embodiments, the need to use the whole sheet - the flesh and the skin, passing them through a meat grinder.
our website recalls that aloe juice loses itsproperties within a few hours after the collection of leaves, so it is necessary to prepare immediately before use. But if you do not have time or the desire to repeat the procedure for the preparation of aloe juice every time you need it, you can preserve it. To this a ready to mix juice with rubbing alcohol in a ratio of 8: 2 and stored in a refrigerator at a temperature not higher than 15 ° C.
Mask for the face:
1) a mixture of fresh cream and aloe juice,connected in a 1: 1 ratio, refresh the skin and improves its color. This mask can be applied both morning and evening after washing. When applying best use cotton or gauze;
2) the state of the problem of inflamed skin can improve the daily application of 15 minutes, the mask of fresh aloe juice and egg white (1 protein 2 tablespoons of aloe juice).
In case of burns any degree will not be superfluous, as often as possiblelubricate the affected area with fresh juice of aloe. In this very place the burn is not worth anything to wrap - should be given the maximum juice to soak into the skin for 20-30 minutes. The remains of the juice is absorbed easily wet cloth.
healing deep cuts and purulent wounds well help compresses and fresh juicepulp of aloe leaves. If this is enough to make incised wound to her a piece of gauze, heavily impregnated with fresh aloe juice and roll up bandages from time to time as the need to change again soaked gauze aloe juice. In the case of purulent wounds instead of gauze with Aloe juice is necessary to apply the pulp of aloe leaf (leaf freshly cut peeled and used transparent pulp), which will not only disinfect and heal the wound, but also pulling pus inside.
With SARS, colds and ENT diseases You can use the following recipe: 300 g of aloe leaves, 3 tablespoons honey, 3 tablespoons of rubbing alcohol. Aloe leaves mince, the resulting mass is thoroughly mixed with honey and alcohol. Eat internally one teaspoon 3 times a day before meals. At a cold, rhinitis, tonsillitis and others. Nasopharyngeal diseases drip fresh squeezed juice of aloe in the nostrils every 3-5 hours for 5-8 drops of adults, 4-5 drops for children from 3 to 16 years old and 2-3 drops for children up to three years.
With the depletion of the body:
1) 100 ml of aloe juice, 100 g of walnut kernelswalnut, 100 g of honey, 100 ml of lemon juice. All thoroughly. Take 1 dessert spoon half an hour before a meal. Those who increased acidity, it is advisable to prepare the mixture, without lemon juice and take the same time and doses;
2) 200 ml of aloe juice, honey 300 g, 350 mldry red wine. All thoroughly, mixture was maintained for weeks in a dark place at room temperature. Take 1-2 teaspoons 3 times a day for 20-40 minutes before meals.
In diseases of the stomach:
1) In gastric ulcer recommendeat two times a day a piece of aloe leaf (approximately 5 cm in length), thoroughly chewed. This should be done on an empty stomach half an hour before meals. Aloe has a bitter taste, so if there is too much for it in its pure form, it is possible to have a snack with honey. The course of treatment lasts 3 months and again one month, if necessary. Just such a procedure is useful when prodelyvat heavy nosebleeds;
2) chronic gastric ulcers and gastritisuseful to take 1 teaspoon 3 times a day for half an hour before a meal freshly prepared aloe juice. Prepare juice is as follows: twist in a meat grinder and filter through a thick cloth, and then boil for 3-4 minutes. Storing the juice can not be, so you need to prepare it before each reception.
3) a positive effect on stomach ulcersand gastritis has the following mixture: the juice of aloe, honey and olive oil to take in the ratio of 1: 1: 1, mix thoroughly, pour into a glass bottle and put in a pan with water, boil for 3 hours. Then cool, tightly closed, so that no air access, and put in the refrigerator. Keep this mixture can be as long until the foam - a sign that the shelf life of the drug expired. Take it should be every morning on an empty stomach 1 tablespoon previously shake.
When pulmonary tuberculosis Aloe gel is used as one of the ingredientstonic: 1 tablespoon of fresh aloe juice, 100 g of honey in May, 100 g butter, 100 g of goose fat, 100 grams of cocoa. All Mix and heat without boiling. Take 2 times a day, morning and evening before meals for 1 tablespoon per cup of warm milk.
Despite the huge benefits of aloe, it is notforget that preparations containing aloe extract, and fresh aloe vera in any of its form can not be used for cancer, uterine bleeding, pregnancy, cystitis and hemorrhoids. In such situations, better to consult a doctor.