Hippo translated from Greek means"horse". Therefore, the psychological method of treatment involving horses under the guidance of an instructor called hippotherapy. Sometimes the term raytterapiya or LVE (therapeutic riding). In Russia this method is officially recognized in medicine, and in some countries is considered an alternative treatment direction.
General information about hippotherapy
More Hippocrates spoke positively about the horsedriving, calling it a "natural exercises." During the First World Englishmen used to restore riding soldiers with different consequences of injuries of the musculoskeletal system. And in Russia raytterapiya began to develop in 1991. During the lessons on horses involved psycho-emotional sphere and the body, as included in the movement of almost all muscle groups. The course lessons with horses lasts no less than six weeks. First, the duration of sessions of about 10 minutes, gradually increasing it to 30-60 minutes. Come on hippotherapy should be two or three times a week. In severe ailments sessions last from 2 to 5 years. The cost of a session varies from 300 to 500 rubles. Sometimes payment is paid for the month, then it is from 2500 and up to 5000 rubles. In some regions, the funds allocated in recent years to the organization of rehabilitation with the help of horses, so in such cases the classes are free. The main criterion in the selection of horses in Godyaev ippoterapevty becomes their character. Horses selected obedient, calm and friendly. Not suitable for employment stubborn, fearful, nervous, biting individuals. Another no less important criterion - the endurance and physical health because during the passage of the horse training should bear the instructor and the patient. Education lasts two or three years. Instructors usually have higher psychological, medical and pedagogical education. Ippoterapevty love horses, they have excellent riding skills. Nowadays hippotherapy centers exist in Moscow, Voronezh, Penza, Samara, Volgograd, St. Petersburg, Ulyanovsk and other cities in Russia their number is more than 30.
When hippotherapy benefits?
Horse riding is contraindicated in diseases such as:
- osteoporosis, Osteomyelitis, in which the bones are fragile, brittle;
- hemophilia, epilepsy;
- exacerbation of multiple sclerosis;
- kidney disease, Disorders of the hip joint function, obesity;
- allergic to wool horses.
Our website recommends that people with serious illness, first consult with specialists, if they decided to go horse riding.
To bring maximum impact exercises
In addition to the horses, and the patient in the present session:
- ringleader - holds a horse by the bridle, and directs its movement;
- doctor - ippoterapevt responsible for treatment;
- instructor, junior medical staff;
- Assistants - keep the person in the seat, if he can not do it themselves because of illness;
- parents of children carrying out safety net from falling.
To hippotherapy yielded positive results, it is important to create certain conditions for training and comply with certain rules.
- Classes are conducted under the strict supervision of a physician. If required, it adjusts the load and exercise.
- We must start with small loads, then gradually increase them.
- The patient should take an interest in the course, actively carry out tasks.
- Well combined with hippotherapy massage, physiotherapy, therapeutic exercise.
Let us dwell on the basic principles of hippotherapy for children:
- Riding a horse must always bring joy, to strengthen health, gently teach the little man to the humane treatment of four-legged friends.
- When designing an exercise program requires an individual approach that takes into account peculiarities of the psyche of the underlying disease, age of the child.
- The complex should be safe, need a safety net, to prevent possible injury.
- Classes should be regular.
- rehabilitation period will be long, because the work to normalize the patients bodies only possible with prolonged exposure. Therefore, parents and children need to be patient.
- It requires diversity in the classroom, but most of the medical complex to be done constantly, and some exercises and activities, it is desirable to periodically change.
- It is not necessary to load the body in a short time, more good will at long courses where each session brings fatigue and weakness.
- Heavy exercise is better to alternate with the lighter.
Even stroking the smooth warm skin horseshuffling silky manes give a person a sense of peace, tranquility, comfort. This improves the state of mind and mood. Between animal and man there is a feeling of unity - the positive energy from the horse goes to the sick, cleanse his aura, it adjusts to the harmony with nature. There are many cases where the patient, regular exercise and a positive attitude helped children and adults to improve health.