Arthritis - is one of the most commondiseases of the joints, which is, in fact, is an inflammatory process. Our site tells about the symptoms of arthritis, its causes, the methods of treatment and preventive measures.
What is Arthritis
As already mentioned, arthritis - an inflammatoryjoint disease. It entails a thinning of the articular cartilage, ligaments, and changes in the joint capsule. In severe cases, it leads to a deformation of the joint.
Quite often arthritis affects the hands (phalanges), foot, knee and elbow joints. Women suffer more often than men with arthritis. The disease manifests itself even in children. Every seventh inhabitant of the planet "familiar" with arthritis.
Causes of Arthritis
- Infectious diseases. This is the most common cause. SARS had been ill, you get cold at risk. To it can be attributed to diabetics, people suffering from sexually transmitted diseases, TB. As a rule, the causative agent of arthritis is Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus.
- Injuries, injuries, surgery. Arthritis is often a consequence of joint injuries, frequent injuries or surgical interventions into the joint.
- Hereditary diseases of the joints. We can not say that arthritis is inherited, but do not deny the fact that the structure of the joint pathology often laid genetically. In any case, if the family who is ill with arthritis, you should devote more time to prevention.
- As the factors that trigger the appearance of arthritis, may be called excess weight, hypothermia, smoking, weakened immunity.
Symptoms and types of arthritis
Since arthritis - is an inflammatory disease, its symptoms are any signs of inflammation in the joint:
- swelling, redness of the skin;
- pain, especially after prolonged immobility;
- increase in body temperature (acute arthritis);
- stiffness in the movements (and sometimes in exacerbations of chronic arthritis).
Arthritis is acute when it is overaccompanied by pain, swelling, fever, and chronic - when during slow arthritis begins with stiffness of the joints. It is difficult to say which one is more dangerous, because it is easier to notice the sharp and chronic can be almost negligible progress over the years. Arthritis is also divided into infectious and purulent (occurs due to bacterial infection), rheumatoid (inflamed connective joint tissue, affects the small joints), osteoarthritis (worn cartilage). Total at this time to distinguish 150 types of arthritis. By the way, spurs (bony growths), gout (bumps on the feet) - is also a variety of arthritis.
As in the case of arthrosis, only timely,prompt and comprehensive treatment can prevent changes in joint structure, save the patient from immobility and disability. Therefore, at the slightest discomfort in any joint, contact your rheumatologist. With early diagnosis and treatment of individually chosen arthritis can be cured. For arthritis treatment was successful, it is necessary to correctly determine the cause and type of arthritis. Therefore, diagnosis of arthritis - a very important step to recovery.
- The use of antibiotics. If infectious arthritis, you will be assigned a course of antibiotics.
- Anti-inflammatory treatment. In acute arthritis, it is important to reduce the inflammation of the joint. To do this, apply anti-inflammatory drugs, ointments, reduce inflammation and reduce pain (eg, Diclofenac Gel).
- Restoration of cartilage. As with osteoarthritis, in the case of arthritis, slowly but surely restored (or at least prevent further damage) cartilage helps chondroprotectors (Teraflex, Artron Hondreks).
- Mud, warming, ultrasound, massage and magnetic therapy. All of these methods are selected purely individual !!!
- LFK. During remission the doctor prescribes special exercises, as a rule, in the exercise posture or lying exercises in the pool. None of the exercises should not cause discomfort, and even more pain.
- Therapeutic diet. Suspend the development of arthritis can be a diet rich in antioxidants and vitamin E. They are abundant in fruits and vegetables, salmon and herring, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds, bran.
- Surgical intervention. Held in special cases, arthritis running. As an option - joint prosthesis, but it is in fact already extreme measures.
- traditional treatments. Usually it compresses and ointments, which include mummies, blue clay, mustard, herbal. There are a lot of recipes, and tools offered by Vanga, and healers-countrymen. Just before applying them to consult with your doctor.
By the way, wool socks and mittens from a natural sheep or dog hair perfectly relieve pain in the affected joint and fight inflammation.
My neighbor (a man of 50) constantly tormented duearthritis of the knee. And once I saw him riding a bicycle. He boasted that he got hold of the blue clay is radioactive, made cakes of it, compresses for 2-3 hours - and aggravation spent. However, the cost of the package of clay about $ 100, though it is mined near Artemovsk (Ukraine) in a closed quarry. For five years, Uncle Vova just flies. Only occasionally complains of "nagging" joints. By the way, doctors offered only operation ...
Patients with arthritis NOT lift weights, run, jump, long standing, to make sudden movements. You want to perform stretching exercises, swimming, doing daily exercises without load.
In all of this treatment involves constant monitoring by a doctor. When relief came, it does not mean that arthritis eradicated. Unfortunately, not yet found a cure from this disease.
To prevent the development of arthritis, you must:
- promptly treat any infectious diseases. And we have so often tolerated cold "on your feet";
- tempered, exercise, less likely to get sick and do not fall into the risk group;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic a day - an excellent prevention of arthritis;
- avoid weight fluctuations, in order to not further burden the joints;
- to minimize the consumption of salt and sugar alcohol. Quit smoking;
- between meals to eat a slice of pineapple, a handful of blueberries or drink ginger tea.
Do not be ill!