"Athlete's foot" - a harmless at first glance, the wordIt can bring a lot of trouble. Peel off and the skin becomes dry, cracks appear on it, that itch, then affects the nail plates hands and feet. I think you understand that we are talking about such a disease like a fungus. Just scientifically it is called "athlete's foot" (Ancient Greek "mykes" -. Mushroom). The concept of a collective, as there are more than 500 species of pathogens of fungal infection. Therefore, the disease is called differently. The most common ones are: candidiasis and tinea rubrofitii (tinea pedis and nail), eczema, scab, scab and tormenting so many dandruff. our site will help to deal with the fact where does the fungus in the body, and tell you how to deal with its corrupting influence.
Why mycosis everywhere?
According to statistics, one in four people in theplanet suffer whatever fungal disease. Whence comes the infection? Everyone knows that the human body - the habitat of a large number of bacteria and fungi. They currently live in perfect harmony with our body, without causing us any trouble. But in a moment everything can change, fungi can begin to multiply uncontrollably and grow. May be several reasons:
- a diet high in sugar or other type of carbohydrate;
- violation of the intestinal flora due to antibiotics or other drugs;
- contaminated water or air;
- decreased immunity.
Any of these causes activates various kindsfungi, which can lead to infection of internal organs. Because it can develop bronchitis, pneumonia, candidiasis of the stomach, intestines and vagina, suffer ENT organs (ear, nose and throat) - otitis, Faringomikoz, laringomikoz. And a lot of other diseases where the causative agent - the fungus is!
Well, most of the fungus affects the skin, and thengets up and nails. It is this insidious fungus we discuss in this article. Thus, the infection occurs in different places (both public and home) and from different people. For fungus requires moist environment reproduction and growth. And where can I get it? That's right - in swimming pools, baths and showers. This is where you can pick up the fungus from an already infected person. And still - wet shoes, so it is often the athletes and the military to become infected.
Pathogens of fungal infections, in addition to "love" to the humidity,do not experience discomfort and in dry conditions. When an infected person loses skin flakes or hair from damage foci, the fungus does not die, they are just waiting to be "sacrificed". And getting the human skin, they again begin to grow and multiply. The result - a fungal infection is provided to you!
In addition to these public spaces,People can become infected and in the locker room a fitness center, and the hotel and on the beach, and manicure and pedicure salons, and even at home or with friends. Therefore, do not use someone else's shoes, clothes and toiletries, do not go barefoot. Use for the prevention of anti-fungal sprays and aerosols. Wear comfortable shoes that will not provoke sweating feet.
It happens that infection occurs and the animal. For example, fungal hair loss. But this happens very rarely.
Who is at risk?
The fungus feet and nails - the most commonthe disease to date. From him no one is immune. Although, if your immune system is in order, and you do cope with mycosis. But it could be different. It so happens that by entering into the struggle, the immune system can trigger allergies. And then the disease can occur very hard.
Below is a list of what leads to infection by the fungus feet and nails:
- Poor circulation in the legs.
- Overweight - a "friend" of various diseases, including fungal infections.
- Various strains and feet injuries.
- Wearing poor quality shoes, and even worse - from synthetics.
- Diseases which reduce the blood flow to the feet: varicosity. diabetes, Raynaud's disease (limb vessels for a long time are reduced, this leads to a decrease in blood supply to these areas).
- Young (subject to microsporia - ringworm) and old age (mycosis of the skin and nails).
- Immunodeficiency states. This refers to the HIV-infected and people receiving long-term antibioticsCorticosteroids (steroid hormones).
Signs of the fungus feet and nails
The question immediately arises: Does the average person can understand that picked up the fungus feet or nails? Of course not, dry skin speaks not only of fungal diseases. Although the fungus infection stop symptoms of the same type. Defeat begins with interdigital folds, and thus does not cause any discomfort. only appears one or more fractures, for which you can not pay attention at once. But when there is further spread and has affected the side of the foot, here you realize that something is wrong. There is dryness, peeling, and then the itching. And in some cases the itching and burning sensations are simply awful. The skin becomes thicker and starts to blush to shine. If you have not started treatment, the bubbles appear with a clear liquid. They burst and cause the effect of wet skin, thus causing intolerable pain and a long time to heal. The fungus of the foot can move his toes and the back side of the foot. The disease progresses!
And what does the fungus with nails? They fade, becoming eventually a dirty gray color. Begins to thicken, thus becoming fragile and brittle. The edge of the nail is very uneven, he seems to be eaten. Eventually, a nail breaks. Such disregard for their own health may lead to more serious problems. Some types of fungi synthesize toxic substances, and as a consequence - in the body can accumulate toxins.
A sad prospect, right ?! It's time has come for a long time to heal, but if you have not taken care of their health, MirCovetov strongly advises not to procrastinate.
Traditional medicine comes to the rescue
The same fungus cure this dirty? Most importantly - before treatment is necessary to determine the type of fungus, as well as sensitivity to antifungal drugs. Therefore, do not engage in self - go to the doctor!
If athlete's foot diagnosed in the early stages,consider yourself lucky, treated it a week or two antifungal ointment. At the same time effective today ointments, sprays and gels not only kill the fungus, but also for a long time remain in the nails, and sometimes even improve the condition of nails.
There are antifungal lacquer for the localtreatment. They are applied only 1-2 times a week. If the disease is started, then use a combination of drugs, anti-fungal ingredients in them, plus ingredients that soften the horny masses. This makes it possible to deal with nail seal.
If you already have cracks, erosion and ulcers on the skin of the feet, it is advisable to do a warm foot bath in a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
At present, there is a fairly wide range ofantifungal agents, both local and systemic use. We will talk only about several of them aimed at the treatment of the most common types of fungus feet and nails. Widely publicized Nizoral (cream for external use). It is applied to the skin and nails stop lightly rubbing (1-2 times daily). Lamisil - is applied to the washed and dried skin of feet and nails, rubbing (1 times / day, the course - 1 week). Orungal (Itraconazole) - a wide range of medicine. The duration of treatment is from 2 to 6 weeks. Termikon - also used for the treatment of zoster. The course - 1 week.
The side effects of new drugs are minimal. But this does not mean that it is not necessary to consult with your doctor. Only a doctor can choose an individual treatment regimen. In addition, when it comes to fungal skin lesions (including hands and feet), the experts prefer to use drugs that are applied to the lesion, and are not accepted in the form of capsules and tablets inside.
Treatment of treatment, but we need to remember and disinfection of all, what in contact fungus. It is necessary to treat the floors, walls, bathrooms equipment, personal belongings: shoes, clothes, personal hygiene products.
Home remedies for the treatment of fungal infections
If you are an opponent of conventional medicine, you can use the recipes of traditional medicine in the early stages of the disease. Below is a list of the most effective methods of treatment of mycosis of the skin feet and nails.
- Garlic combined with butter. Garlic rubbed and mixed with butter (one to one). Apply the mixture to the affected areas to recover.
- Garlic, alcohol and distilled water. Squeeze the juice of garlic, mix with 90-degree alcohol, add distilled water. Carefully lubricate the infected areas until recovery.
- Grass veronica. Boil 2 stalks of grass veronica 1 liter of water, about 5 minutes. When the broth will become warm, it is necessary to make the bath for the feet (10-15 minutes). The treatment course - 10-15 baths.
- Sea salt. In order to make a tray of sea salt, you need to take one spoonful of sea salt, dissolving it in 1 liter of water. Rinse the skin with a solution every day. Course - 10 days.
- Propolis. The affected seats should be lubricated 20-30% alcohol solution of propolis. The course - 3-4 weeks.
- Bow. Pound the onion in the pulp, apply to the affected areas to recover.
- Mint leaves with common salt. Pound, put between the toes for about 1 hour. The procedure is repeated until the disappearance of the fungus.
- Iodine. Twice a day to handle the affected nail fungus with a 5% solution of iodine. You will see a burning sensation. If it is not very concerned about, it's all right. If a burning sensation is amplified, lubricated less frequently. Rate - about 20 days.
- Lilac with alcohol. 10 g of lilac flowers add 0.5 cups of alcohol. Infuse 10-15 days. Lubricate the affected areas until recovery.
- Water with salt and soda. Very useful cool baths with one tablespoon of baking soda and salt. Keep your feet in the water until the water cools down, and then rinse with clean water.
And a couple of recipes from the wise Vanga:
- brew strong coffee (not to throw sediment), a few times to hold coffee in hands or feet, depending on the lesions;
- lubricate the sick "milk" place any kind of milkweed. The juice of this plant helps in the treatment and disposal of non-healing ulcers, warts affected by nail fungus, lichen.
What will happen if left untreated? The forecast disappointing, because the athlete's foot does not heal by itself. It will spread further, affecting the healthy skin. Leading to the appearance of bacterial infections cause allergic disease, until the development of asthma. Worsen existing chronic diseases. And the most unpleasant - you will become a walking infection that attacks not only strangers, but friends and relatives.