Our site will help you to understand the origins and types of conjunctivitis, will talk about the methods of treatment and remind preventive rules that will help you to keep your eyes healthy.
In the human eye receives a share of about 80%information from the environment, so the body of the disease break one of the most important links with the world. Conjunctivitis - the most common disease that knows ophthalmic practice. This pathology is characterized by inflammation of the eyes connective membranes (conjunctiva), which covers the surface of the inner part of the eyelids and the outer surface of the sclera. The conjunctiva is a healthy person and a smooth semi-transparent, it is dotted with vessels fully innervated and well moisturized tearful secret that keeps her dry up. The glands produce mucus membrane of connective, which, mixing with the lacrimal fluid, minimizes friction age of eye cornea. A very large amount of mucus in inflammatory process is accompanied by gluing the edges of the eyelids.
The causes of conjunctivitis
Eyes - a very sensitive and fragile body, so the range of factors that contribute to inflammation, is quite wide and varied:
- corneal injury due to falling into the eye of microscopic foreign bodies (eg dust particles);
- excessive cooling or overheating of the person;
- strong influence of radiation (sunlight, artificial ultraviolet radiation, with gas and electric welding);
- exposure to toxic chemicals, including cosmetics and substandard;
- swimming in the pool;
- common chronic diseases that reduce immunity;
- susceptibility to various allergens.
Based causes conjunctivitis, secrete several kinds of diseases.
Group exogenous conjunctivitis It comprises:
- conjunctivitis infectious origin (viral, bacterial, fungal and parasitic);
- conjunctivitis, triggered by factors of physical and chemical nature;
- allergic conjunctivitis.
Group of endogenous conjunctivitis combines:
- conjunctivitis, resulting from common diseases;
- autoimmune conjunctivitis.
Symptoms of the disease
The main symptoms of conjunctivitis are generallypronounced. This feeling of debris (sand as if for centuries), burning and itching in the eye, redness of the conjunctiva century, lacrimation, education mucopurulent fluid, photophobia, blepharospasm (closing of the eyelids).
Features of clinical picture depends on the cause of the disease.
Viral conjunctivitis expressed a strong redness and swelling of the conjunctiva, a small amount of separated liquid. In addition, the patient may feel malaise, lose your appetite, it may rise Body temperature. Basically, the action of viruses spreading on the cornea. The earliest signs of viral conjunctivitis believe increased lacrimation and photophobia.
Bacterial conjunctivitis determined by the presence of mucopurulentliquid secreted by the affected eye. This form of conjunctivitis begins as a result of vital activity of bacteria as a banal microflora and specific (Neisseria gonorrhea, diphtheria bacillus Leffler, tubercle bacillus Koch), which, of course, determines the nature of the treatment.
The main feature acute infectious conjunctivitis It is a high contagiousness (infectiousness). If you do not observe basic hygiene regulations, the disease quickly attacks the other family members or staff.
Allergic conjunctivitis there is a high susceptibility of the organism tovarious substances with the characteristics of allergens manifested strong lacrimation, photophobia, itching and burning. Typically, the eye disease is "paired" with allergic rhinitis.
medicinal conjunctivitis It may be a consequence of the application of eye drops for the treatment of a very different eye diseases (such as cataracts or glaucoma).
General advice for sufferers of acute conjunctivitis.
- In no case can not be imposed on a patientblindfold. It will stop blinking eyelids, thus preventing the isolation and removal of inflammatory secretions. These are ideal conditions for the development of the local pathogenic microflora.
- If all of the above symptoms occur in only one eye, the other touched with unwashed hands, healthy, is strictly prohibited, to avoid infection.
- If conjunctivitis contracted by a member of your family, select it separate towel and soap.
- If pus oozing from the eye fluid, the patient should change his pillowcase on the pillow every day. The same condition applies to the towels.
- To improve the allocation of purulent fluid conjunctival cavity should be washed with a solution of furatsilina 1: 5000.
To the doctor should contact necessary if:
- you are concerned about pain in the eye;
- gives you pain palpation (touch), closed eyes;
- you experience pain in the eyes when watching TV or reading;
- Symptoms of conjunctivitis combined with high body temperature and headache;
- you hurt the eyes and visual acuity decreased significantly;
- you notice a strong tearing and photophobia;
- released from the eye, or the purulent mucous secretion;
- conjunctivitis symptoms within two days not only preserved but also strengthened.
Overview of drugs for the treatment of conjunctivitis
The lion's share of drugs for the treatment of eyediseases represented drops. Today pharmacies offer a huge range of medicines that can be used to quickly relieve unpleasant symptoms. They all vary in testimony, that there are different types of conjunctivitis are treated by different eye drops.
when treating viral conjunctivitis using the following formulations:
- "Florenal" (0.1% solution) - neutralizes the pathogenic action of viruses.
- "Floksal" (solution 0.3%) - have an antibacterial effect.
- "Tebrofen" (0.1% solution) - antiviral and anti-inflammatory agent.
- "Tobrex" (solution 0.3%) - successfully cope with a wide range of pathogenic microorganisms.
for the treatment of allergic conjunctivitis your doctor may prescribe:
- "Cortisone" - take only on prescription, are contraindicated during pregnancy.
- "Oftadek" (solution 0.02%) - drops have bactericidal activity against streptococcal and staphylococcal sticks.
- "Lakrisifi" - well moisturize and protect the cornea.
In this form of conjunctivitis patient except drops prescribed antihistamines.
Conjunctivitis bacterial origin treated with the following medications:
- "Albucidum" (20-30%) - copes well with reddening eyes.
- "Chloramphenicol" (solution 0.25%) - antibiotic agent, quickly relieves inflammation.
- "Gentamicin" (solution 0.25%) - by the action and indications similar to "Chloramphenicol".
All drops have contraindications, so the treatment regimen (dose, frequency and duration of administration) should be only doctor.