TV, fashion mobile phones, computersand other technologies that improve the quality of modern life and the flow of information, often a negative impact on our health. Added to this, and such negative factors as chronic sleep deprivation, casual street dust, smog, cigarette smoke, radiation, poor diet, exposure to household chemical particles, pollen and other allergens. Is it possible to preserve vision and brilliance, purity and radiance of the eyes?
Sometimes, to help take care of their eyes functioncapable of eyedrops. our site will tell readers what are the eye drops? What is the difference? Is it possible to use them, how to do it correctly?
General information about dosage form
eyedrops difference is that they are designed toprovide local (local) impact. They are used mainly for the prevention or treatment of pathologies occurring in the anterior eye. The composition may be one or more active substances with medicinal properties. They are prepared in special aseptic conditions, in compliance with all the rules of production technology. Substances subjected to further purification, as well as the solvent, that is foundation water taken for injection. The concentration of active ingredients is usually minimal, but sufficient to provide a therapeutic effect.
Who is most often forced to resort to the help of eye drops?
- People spend a lot of time in front of computer monitors.
- Feeling after a hard day discomfort in the eyes, noticing their redness, flasks burst, tired, dry mucous membranes.
- Sufferers glaucoma. cataracts, Myopia, hyperopia, and other diseases.
- It is used for a variety of vision correction lenses.
- Those whose age has passed the 40-year milestone, becausethis period is age-related changes, it is necessary to strengthen the blood vessels, the eyes need extra nutrition to prevent serious illnesses and loss of visual acuity.
- Sufferers diabetes, The disease brings to complications affecting the eyes, their vascular tissue.
- Women with varicose veinsBecause the predisposition to thrombosis is dangerous to the retina.
- Allergy sufferers and those whose eyes were affected by the infection.
Which meet eye drops?
Eye drops pharmacologists, physicians and pharmacists are divided into several groups. our website List and describe the main ones:
- The funds, which have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. This group otnesёm eye drops with antibacterial and antiviral activity. Their action is aimed at to eliminate arising in the anterior eyeball inflammation, redness, conjunctivitis, keratitis, iritis, uveitis. Most of these pathogens cause inflammation. Cope with them can be antibacterial and antiviral drugs. This group includes sodium sulfatsil (better known to all as "Albucidum"), Chloramphenicol, Gentamicin. Wider range of actions in Tsipromeda, Normaks, Tobrex, Oftakviksa, Oftalmoferona.
- Antiallergic ophthalmic preparations - showsto eliminate the effects of allergen exposure on the body (itching, redness, swelling, photophobia, tearing, burning sensation). Most often they are purchased in pharmacies at a time when mass flowering plants begins. Such preparations as kromogeksal, alomid, Allergodil, Reaktin, Zaditen, able to eliminate these symptoms. If allergic reactions are difficult, the doctor prescribes droplets having a part of corticosteroids (dexamethasone, Maksideks, Sofradeks).
- Antiglaucoma eyedrops - their actionIt purports to lower increased intraocular pressure of aqueous humor outflow normalize the eye of the camera. These medicines picks ophthalmologist, depending on the performance of intraocular pressure (abbreviated - IOP). For example, Betoptik, Okumed, Okura, Oftan-timolol, phosphacol.
- Drops to help improve the flowmetabolic processes in the tissues of the eye and the lens. In people, they are often called vitamin. They are used for age and degenerative changes in the eye tissue in order to prevent the progression of cataracts or macular degeneration. Here are just some of the representatives of this large group - Kvinaks, Oftan-Katahrom, Vitayodurol, Emoksipin, Taufon.
- Moisturizing eye drops. The composition of these components are present means to prevent drying of the conjunctiva, the cornea, decrease the discomfort and eye irritations. There is a notion among doctors as "dry eye syndrome". It occurs in persons who constantly wearing contact lensesLong working at the computer, and so on. Then bury drugs Hilo-Chest, Likontin Comfort Sisteyn, medicine called "Natural tear".
- Vasoconstrictive drops for the eye. They are used to reduce congestion and swelling of the mucous membranes of the eyes, provoked by certain causes (inflammation, irritation, allergy). This group includes Vizin, Irifrin, octyl. Do these drugs a lot of adverse effects and contraindications, only their short term can be used.
- There is eye drops that help implementmore accurate diagnosis and eye examinations. Before performing diagnostic procedures doctor buries patient midriatsil (tropicamide) Irifrin, Atropine. These funds have the ability to expand at the time of the pupil.
- Postoperative medications. These drugs are important because they help to restore the visual function after a series of surgeries on the eyes. After keratoplasty (so-called restoration of the cornea with its defects) Balarpan discharged. After surgery for glaucoma patient buries Betoptik. For the prevention or treatment of inflammation in the postoperative period is shown burying Naklofa or Indokollira.
How to apply eye drops?
To the eye drops did not cause harm, not worsened condition, you must adhere to certain rules:
- Use any eye drops onlyadvice of your treating doctor. If any medication is helping a neighbor or work colleague, it does not mean that it will work for others, it all depends on the diagnosis and individual characteristics. Abolition instillation or change their numbers are only permitted with the consent of a doctor. If you do not comply with professional regulations, the drops may not have the desired therapeutic effect.
- If the assigned number of eye drops, then observe and The order of the interval between the instillation.
- If the drug is expensive, and it has a synonym or equivalent standing cheaper then before you buy, check with the doctor whether or not to make such a change possible.
- Before the first use of drops iscarefully read the instructions, available for use with the recommendations, possible side effects and contraindications. Pay attention to how you should store the vial. Some drops will certainly put in a dark place, and otherwise relies take place in the fridge (on access door). Remove from the cold drops of seats in advance, so that they have acquired room temperature. Cold solutions absorbed worse and can cause eye irritation.
- Before each instillation relies carefullywash your hands, so as not to carry infection. The procedure is performed so that the pipette tip does not touch the mucous membranes and fingers. The preferred if the head a little thrown back, lower eyelid lightly push down into the resulting space and Unearth the right amount of a solution closer to the side where the bridge is located. Then her eyes a few minutes should be closed, then the drug is well distributed over the conjunctiva. Now it is very convenient that is already equipped with a special bottle with a dropper, and earlier before every procedure required to sterilize pipette in boiling water.
- Do not drip drop of foreign bottles, using only their own.
- lenses should be removed prior to the introduction of most of the drops.
- Do not forget to seal the drops after the procedure.
- Usually the manufacturer instructions indicatehow much can be stored drops after the bottle opened. Most often drops factory that term is defined 30 days. If the time has passed, and the liquid is left, it can not be used!
- Sometimes after instillation the patient's worriesa few minutes burning or discomfort, they soon have to go. If this reaction is enhanced, be sure to notify your doctor. Perhaps this individual response, then the ophthalmologist will make a replacement drug.
That such simple advice is to stick to,that the eye drops have the desired therapeutic effect. Take care of your vision properly distribute the load in a day, do not overwork the eye, do your best to prevent the emergence and development of diseases.