General information about Augmentin
The pharmacy found three species ofdrug. The packaging can be an inscription "Augmentin", "Augmentin SR" or "EU Augmentin." The active substance in these commercial embodiments of the same, so the indications for use, and has the effect of applying a rule they are identical. The difference is only in the form of release and dosage. There are several formulations Augmentin:
- powder used for preparing a slurry;
- powder used for the preparation of injection solutions;
"Augmentin SR" - a tablet, characterized by a modified release and longer duration of action.
"Augmentin EU" - powder, which is designed to produce a slurry used for domestic consumption.
Note that when a doctor prescribesthis drug, the next to the name "Augmentin" he writes view of the dosage form and dosage (for example, 400 + 57). And why the two figures? This we will speak later.
As part of any species and the dosage form is required to have two main components:
- amoxicillin (antibiotic);
- clavulanic acid.
The tablets should be swallowed whole, with water (100 ml). Crushed and chew should not be.
The required amount of the suspension wasmetered using a measuring cap or syringe. The dose should be easy to swallow. Babies acceptable previously measured amount of slurry to dissolve in water (1: 1) and then drink. Always after taking a syringe or a capful rinse well with water.
It is best to take Augmentin before meal.
Injection nurse enters only into a vein (using a dropper or syringe).
It is important to know
- Intravenous administration as well as suspensions and receptionTablets should be done at regular intervals. For example, if the designated drink tablets twice daily, the interval between receptions of them should be 12 hours.
- The minimum application rate should be atless than five days. The maximum allowable rate should not exceed 14 days. Only a doctor, carried out the appropriate examinations, treatment may extend to 21 or 28 days.
- The dosage for treatment calculates physician, taking into account the age, the degree of severity of the infection, diagnosis, body weight.
- The pharmacy purchase only the dosage of Augmentin that wrote the attending doctor.
- To make the suspension, it is necessary to contentvial add 60 ml water. It must be boiled, cooled. Close the bottle cap, shake it vigorously. Leave the vial for 5 minutes on a table. Then take a look - do not go there on the bottom nerastvorёnnye particles. If there were, then you have some time to shake the bottle. Your goal: to five minutes after settling at the bottom nothing should remain. Then you can open the lid and top up before metochki boiled water.
- Keep prepared suspension should be on access door of the refrigerator. If for seven days you do not use all the solution, the residue can no longer be used, it is discarded.
- Before each reception suspension should be shaken and only then dosing syringe or a measured cap.
- If used for the treatment of slurry, a few times a day rinse your mouth, be sure to brush your teeth, to avoid staining.
- Permission to treat Augmentin during pregnancy and breastfeeding. But the purpose of making a doctor.
- If a patient has liver disease, the treatment of Augmentin supposed to hold control of this body.
- This drug can be given only to those people,who are not allergic to the antibiotics penicillin and cephalosporin series. If after taking Augmentin appear allergic reactions, the drug immediately overturned.
- If there is a suspicion of infection mononucleosis, This medication is not prescribed.
- If discharged high doses of the drug, it should be during the day to drink at least two liters of water. This prevents the formation of crystals in urine.
- At the time of treatment refrain from driving a car. This is due to the fact that this drug may cause dizziness in some people.
- There is evidence that Augmentin may reduce the efficacy of COCs (combined oral contraceptives is). It is therefore recommended not to neglect the additional methods of contraception.
About side effects and contraindications
In some cases, the treatment augmentin side effects were reported:
- candidiasis of the mucous tissues and skin;
- dizziness. headache;
- skin rashes, angioedema, Vasculitis;
- changes in the blood;
- nausea, diarrhea, vomiting;
- hyperactivity, agitation;
- behavior changes, anxiety;
- darkening of the tooth enamel;
- liver disease;
- crystals in urine or blood.
our website warns that you can not use Augmentin in the following circumstances:
- if a person was previously noted are allergic to antibiotics of the penicillin group, or cephalosporins;
- allergies to other components of the composition;
- if earlier while taking medicines containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid have been observed disruption of the liver and jaundice;
- if the age of the baby at least three months;
- If a child younger than twelve years, the pills are not appointed;
- suspension does not give children with phenylketonuria and certain kidney disorders.
If Augmentin is not present in the pharmacy, the pharmacist has the right to offer you its synonyms such as Amoxiclav, Medoklav, Ekoklav, Flemoklav Soljutab, Panklav.