What is endometriosis
Medical terminology defines endometriosisa gynecological disease in which cells of the uterine lining grow outside of the body. This disease is common among sexually mature female population is often, by its prevalence, it ranks third after uterine fibroids and a variety of inflammation in the pelvic organs. At risk are ladies older than 40 years, as well as those who never bear children. In rare cases, endometriosis is diagnosed in young girls and postmenopausal women.
Depending on the localization of the disease are divided into two main groups:
- Genital Endometriosis is characterized by the growth of uterine epithelium in the urogenital region. This species, in turn, are divided into two types:
- domestic - is the attachment of cells to the surface of the channel endometrial and cervical cancer;
- external genital endometriosis involves proliferation of uterine epithelium in the region of the ovaries, fallopian tubes, vagina, vulva.
The causes of the disease
Manifestations of the disease in question rathervaried. Sometimes the symptoms are very mild or almost no, and in some cases, the disease is accompanied by severe pain and other unpleasant phenomena. Intensity of symptoms depends on the shape and extent of the disease and the availability of associated problems. Usually, endometriosis is characterized by such symptoms:
- Pains in the abdomen and in the lower back. These sensations can be of different intensities, but tend to pain during menstruation markedly enhanced. Some patients even complain that during menstruation are forced to take painkillers. Note also that such uncomfortable feelings occur during sexual intercourse or during defecation.
- Menstrual irregularities. A few days before menstruation, and about a week after the end of the woman can observe in their appearance Spotting excreta. Sami periods become more abundant and increasing in duration.
- Infertility. Sometimes he endometriosis occurs almostasymptomatic, but woman for years can not get pregnant, despite all attempts. In such cases, the identification of the true causes of infertility becomes an unexpected discovery. As a rule, the inability to conceive a child is observed in lesions of the ovaries and fallopian tubes. And if this process is accompanied by inflammation and the formation of adhesions in the pelvic organs - the likelihood of a successful pregnancy declines considerably.
- The symptoms of intoxication. Together with painful sensations in women may appear nausea, Vomiting, chills, lethargy, increased temperature body.
- Specific symptoms, depending on whetherwhich body is touched by endometrial cells. For example, with the defeat of the bladder, the patient becomes more frequent urination, it becomes painful and may be accompanied by vaginal bleeding. intestinal endometriosis breaks its peristalsis, and the presence of endometrial implants in the lungs can cause bloody sputum discharge during periods of menstruation.
Treatment of the disease
There are three main ways to treat endometriosis, a closer look at each of them:
- Conservative treatment. This method involves the use of hormonal medications. Note that this kind of therapy lasts long enough and is performed with the following drugs:
- combined oral contraceptives;
- preparations on the basis of levonorgestrel;
- prolonged IPA;
- androgenic hormone derivatives;
- to eliminate or alleviate the symptoms using antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, soothing agents, and vitamin complexes.
In the case was diagnosed endometriosisin a timely manner, the operation was successful, the patient faithfully adhered to the prescribed treatment plan - the adverse effects of the disease will be kept to a minimum. The woman will quickly bounce back pain and other unpleasant symptoms disappear, and reproductive function is fully restored.