Types of diseases
There are two types of atrophic rhinitis:
- Primary atrophic rhinitis (or ozena). It is characterized by the absence of alternative factors of the disease. Such rhinitis caused by natural causes, which are not related to the damaging effects on the nasal cavity.
- Secondary atrophic rhinitis. It is characterized by the influence of external factors on the nasal cavity, which leads to disease. They may include: adverse natural environment, for example, high dust, effects of chemicals. Often in the history of the disease atrophic rhinitis found different surgical procedures in the nasal cavity.
Etiology of atrophic rhinitis
The main symptoms that may indicate the possibility of atrophic rhinitis disease are:
- dryness sensation in the nasal cavity;
- difficulty in the sense of smell due to the atrophy of nerve endings;
- formation of crusts on the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity;
- slight bleeding from the nose;
- feeling of tightness of the nasal mucosa.
Diagnostic symptoms of the disease:
- When rhinoscopy mucosa has a pale pink color, with a dry and matt structure, with the presence of green-yellow crusts. This stands out particularly thinning of the anterior lobe of the nasal septum.
- For the running form of the disease characterized by a fetid smell mucous discharge from the nose that the patient himself due to the lack of sense of smell can not feel.
Infectious atrophic rhinitis
Infectious atrophic rhinitis is a subspeciesthis disease. The reason that it is more likely to occur, are Pseudomonas aeruginosa such as of Bordetella bronchiseptica and Mycoplasma. Due to the impact of the pathogen in the nasal cavity begins muco-purulent inflammation of the mucous membrane. The result of such a process may be atrophy of the turbinates, and even deformation of the skull bones.
Symptoms of this form of atrophic rhinitis can be gradually rising cold. conjunctivitis. Wherein temperature the patient remains normal. As the disease progresses, patients become irritable, often shaking his head, there is a loss of appetite, drastic weight loss. From the visual symptoms can be identified disturbed the symmetry of both jaws, and the softening of the deviated septum, swollen bags under the eyes.
Atrophic rhinitis in children
The main cause of the diseaseIt is an abuse of vasoconstrictor drops. Restless child with a stuffy nose parents trying to ease breathing with the help of drops. Indeed, this technique helps, but not for long. Permanent vasospasm due to drops violates the blood supply of the mucous membrane, which leads to its atrophy. Risk of disease in children is to reduce the intake of oxygen, which can cause hypoxia and brain development of children delay.
Treatment of atrophic rhinitis
Treatment of atrophic rhinitis should be carried outunder the strict supervision of the otolaryngologist. Therefore, the detection of a human disease symptoms, you should immediately see a specialist. Delaying appropriate treatment can lead to serious consequences. Now on the Internet you can find hundreds of recipes, how to win atrophic rhinitis using folk remedies. However, readers MirSovetov necessary to consider that folk remedies can only be a supplement to medical treatment. And again, they must be administered by a specialist. Especially it concerns the infectious form of the disease, and severe atrophic rhinitis.
The main treatment for this pathology - local. Assign nasal drops on oily basis. Duration of treatment by such means shall not exceed ten days. As long as when applied, it can lead to increased swelling and complication of the disease. With infectious atrophic rhinitis prescribe a course antibiotics broad spectrum of activity. Also do not forget about washing the nasal cavities with alkaline solutions. For this purpose, usually using sodium chloride with addition of a few drops of iodine. The procedure must be repeated several times a day.
Prevention of atrophic rhinitis
Prevention of the disease is to eliminate factors which may lead to it. Basic methods of prevention of atrophic rhinitis are:
- Hygiene nasal cavity. Constant washing of the nose by weak alkaline solutions can significantly reduce the likelihood of disease.
- A healthy way of life. Hiking on fresh air, morning exercise can strengthen the body, reducing the likelihood of disease.
- A healthy balanced diet can eliminate the cause of such diseases, as a lack of vitamin D and iron.
- housing hygiene. Household dust can be a cause of the disease, and to weight it over.