Types of brain stroke
A stroke, or acute insufficiencythe blood supply to any of the parts of the brain develops very quickly: oxygen starvation occurs within a few minutes, in some cases, the process takes a few hours. This means that the nerve cells in the brain begin to die almost instantly.
The cause of stroke determines the type of the disease:
- Ischemic stroke. In clinical practice, this species is the most common (about 80% of all cases). It occurs when the brain blood vessels clog or squeezes blood clot formed as a result of heart disease, blood vessels or blood.
- Hemorrhagic stroke (20-25%). With this type of the disease the blood from the ruptured vessel falls under the skin or into the ventricles of the brain.
- Subarachnoid stroke (about 7%). The disease of this nature occurs more rarely, as a traumatic origin. Brain damage can cause head injury or rupture of an arterial aneurysm. Blood in this case fills the space between the arachnoid and the pia mater.
In the human risk zone can make the following factors:
- age after 50 years (in the absence of proper daily routine);
- male gender;
- Chronic high blood pressure;
- chronic diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- nervous work with frequent stress;
- bad habits (smoking, alcohol abuse);
- systemic diseases: obesity. diabetes;
- asymptomatic carotid stenosis;
- use of oral contraceptives, containing a large amount of estrogen;
- cases of stroke in close relatives.
Causes of cerebral stroke
If a certain way to test the man who became ill, can before the arrival of the carriage Ambulance to refute or confirm the diagnosis of "stroke".
Ask the victim to perform a few simple steps:
- We need to close your eyes and pull your hands in front of him, palms up. On brain damage indicates hand involuntarily "leaving" to the side and down.
- Ask the patient to stick his tongue. If he is unnaturally bent or deflected to the side, a person with high probability a stroke.
- Talk to the victims. Almost always a person "overwhelmed" stroke, transposes the syllables in words, he says haltingly and fuzzy.
- Let the patient tries to smile stroke typical pattern when the corners of the lips stretched into a smile aimed in different directions.
If the terrible suspicion is confirmed, "fast"It should be called immediately! In the context of the patient's hospital waiting for a series of studies that will confirm the final diagnosis. Conclusions specialists do on the basis of MRI indications, transcranial Doppler ultrasonography, MR spectroscopy and other techniques.
How can we help the patient waiting ambulance? From someone who is at this moment next to the victims, it takes a few simple steps:
- lift the human body over his head 30 degrees;
- note whether there is a sick clothes, hampering the body: all belts, collars and buttons must be undone;
- to measure blood pressure patient. High blood pressure is normalized using medications that applied before the victim;
- if the victim can not indicate what drugs it usually takes for hypertension, for a while you can omit his feet in a basin of warm water;
- if the person is unconsciousthe state should turn it over to the right side. Under the lower jaw of the victim put a small flat container to accumulated saliva flowed out and did not interfere with normal breathing.
Treatment of cerebral stroke
The disease can be treated only in a hospital. The first few days, the patient usually spends in the intensive care unit - in case of deterioration of health.
The first hours after a stroke - the most important. At this time, perform the following actions:
- By means of computer tomography doctorsdefine the affected region of the brain. If clinical conditions allow, by means of special medication performed procedure for the resolution of the thrombus - Thrombolysis. This technique is only for the first six hours of the attack.
- Using large doses aspirin, Reopoliglyukina, pentoxifylline, doctors reduce the increased viscosity of the blood of the patient.
- To protect the damaged area of the brain, and stimulation of regenerative processes in damaged cells connected nootropics medications from the group Cortexin and Cere.
Following operational measures further treatmentbased on the use of drugs that reduce the risk of stroke recurrence and preventing complications of the disease. In addition, doctors are always kept under the control of the patient's blood pressure.
Recovery after illness
Stroke - is one of those diseases thatrequire an indispensable rehabilitation. To treatment of cerebral stroke was a success, the patient's relatives should organize a systematic visit to the sick of the following specialists:
- Consultant LFK. Meet him should be already on the second day after the attack.
- Speech therapist. The specialist will help the patient regain speech skills.
- Neuropsychologist. It will assess the state of memory and human ingenuity after treatment.
- A physical therapist to help the patient as soon as possible to restore the nervous system.
- Psychotherapist. The doctor teaches the patient to cope with the feeling of weakness and uselessness.
Prevention of cerebral stroke
More than 75% of people with stroke, no longercan lead former way of life - they become disabled. These data underscore the frightening essential disease prevention, for healthy people, and for those who are already faced with a stroke. The disease is, by the way, pursuing not only the elderly, on the contrary, in the last decade, cases of the disease among able-bodied people who have not reached 40 years.
our site offers a simple, but effectiveway to protect the brain from stroke: re-read the list of factors that trigger the disease, and think which of them personally, you can eliminate from your life. For example, quit smoking, get rid of the extra kilos dozen or continuously monitor and then "play tricks" pressure. The main thing to remember: whatever you do to preserve your health today, be sure to provide you with calm, measured and, most importantly, painless life in the future.