Obesity - a serious disease that occursdue to excess body fat (body mass index greater than 30 kg / m?). Well familiar with this problem residents of economically prosperous countries. Most hostages of the disease are women from 40 years.
Causes of obesity
Obesity - the result of an imbalance between energy entering the body and its consumption. This imbalance occurs when:
- abundant regular intake of fatty foods;
- family history. If the father and mother of the full, the child in 85 cases out of 100 have problems with being overweight;
- pathology in the process of carrying a child and during childbirth (eg strong toxicosis. fetal hypoxia, Rapid delivery);
- a history of head injuries and neuroinfections (meningitis, encephalitis);
- increased activity of the hypothalamic structures periods: adolescence, early puberty, early sexual activity, abortion, A lot of stress.
Types of obesity
According to an advantageous placement of fat on the body secrete male (abdominal), female (glyuteofemoralnuyu) and mixed forms of the disease.
Abdominal shape, which is most oftencommon in men and is characterized by the deposition of fat on the abdomen and upper torso, the most dangerous. Against this background, in the absence of proper treatment developed diabetes, Hypertension, ischemic heart attacks and strokes.
Male type of obesity pronounced extra inches on the hips and buttocks. In the background there are fewer complications in contrast to the masculine type.
When mixed type of adipose tissue is distributed evenly throughout the body.
The duration, shape and determine the severity of the diseasethe nature of the patients' complaints. Obesity I- II degree significant inconvenience to man, as a rule, does not deliver. In stage III-IV observed weakness, constant fatigue, poor sleep, headache, The prevalence of pessimism. Constant companion of any physical activity becomes dyspnea. It is also possible to note the strong swelling of the feet, Pain in the heart, joints and spine. Gastrointestinal on overweight react heartburn. belching, Nausea, bitter taste in the mouth, constipated, Pain in the right upper quadrant.
Undoubtedly, the suffering and the sexual sphere, as inboth men and women. The stronger sex pays for excess weight reduction in potency and an increase in breast cancer. Women because of the extra weight face menstrual cycle disturbances, difficulties in conceiving a child growth "unnecessary" hair of male type.
Diagnosis of the disease
A common feature of all forms of obesity - overweight.
Excess weight is considered as such, if the ideal weightIt exceeded by more than 25%. The easiest way to calculate your ideal weight (albeit with a large assumption) - use the formula: (height in inches) - 100. If the height is 160 cm and more, you need not take 100 and 110. Excess weight 25-29% - I the degree of obesity, 30-49% - II degree, 50-99% - III degree, 100% or more - IV degree.
In any case, for the competent advice you need to see a doctor.
The fight against excess weight is a success onlywhen it is based on well-thought-out diet and adequate exercise. Calorie daily diet should not exceed the daily energy expenditure.
The best effect is observed bylow-calorie diets, balanced on the basic ingredients. Obese people have a fractional eat at least five or six times a day, small portions. They should forget about fats and refined carbohydrates, but vegetables and fruit can be eaten often and in large quantities (taboo imposed on bananas, grapes and figs). Fasting is practiced only in a hospital under the supervision of specialists. Good results can be achieved by adhering to a low-fat diet: daily amount of fat is not more than 25-30 grams per day.
Alteration of low-calorie and low-fat diets unloading days required to quickly achieve optimal weight.
Patients with a large overweight doctor may recommend remedies, anorectic (Mazindol, Phentermine). But these drugs have side effects: allergic reactions, sedatirovanie patient. As fat-mobilizing agent used Adipozin courses for 20-30 days in combination with diuretics. It has proven its preparation of the new generation - Orlistat. The drug prevents the absorption of fats in the intestine.
The treatment of obesity is a special place aside for general massage, and increased physical activity.
Prevention of obesity
our site draws your attention to a few simple rules that should ideally become a good habit and the norm for everyone.
- Follow your diet, carefully choosingproducts that will be on your plate. Sweet, flour, fat, sharp - certainly very tasty food, but not quite safe for your health. Never skip breakfast and lunch, is better not to eat 4 hours before bedtime. Snacks between meals are permitted if a worm starve, you will be able to fruit, sandwiches and scones with tea are not welcome.
- It is important to drink plenty of fluids - at least 2.5 liters of waterin a day. Sometimes thirst disguises itself as a strong sense of hunger, which we are happy to "jam" harmful products. Remember: if you drink a glass of water 20-30 minutes before a meal, you can lose weight; but the juice or tea, drunk after eating nothing but superfluous centimeters on the hips, you will not do.
- Do not forget about the targeted individualsexercises that will help you keep in shape. Charging is able to eliminate excess calories, if you do not resist and ate more laid for dinner. Choose what you like. Hiking, dancing, morning jog, jump rope - this can be anything, just move, give oxygen to your body and it will certainly answer you with well-being.
- Practice fasting days - they givethe opportunity to relax the gastro-intestinal tract, excrete all the "garbage". 1 or 2 times a week during the day, drink plenty of water or herbal teas, eat fruits or vegetables that help the body to be cleaned.
- If you often work forcomputer, enter the following rule for himself: there can not be in front of the monitor! So you save yourself by systematic overeating. "Sit," the clock is required to compensate for an active holiday with family or friends. It does not matter how old you are, because cycling is pleasant and at 20 and 50, is not it?
- If you have finally decided to radically changelifestyle, not too lazy to visit your doctor or a nutritionist. The specialist will tell you how to adjust your diet, what kind of sports to give preference to, and from what, in view of the state of health of an individual, should be abandoned.
Our body and our health - an indicator of our attitude. The more one loves and respects himself, the more likely that a diagnosis of "obesity", he will never face.