Basically, the disease is diagnosed in adolescence, boys 14 - 15 years. varicosityTypically affects only one testicle vein, the left most (about 98% of cases).
Factors causing disease
Vienna spermatic cord and testicles "feature"Special valves, which perform a barrier function, preventing the reverse flow of blood. Varicocele develops when the operation of these valves is broken. The vertical position of the body and physical activity cause increased venous pressure in the spermatic cord and testicle, which ultimately acts in the opposite direction and, therefore, enhances venous vessels encircling the spermatic cord.
Constantly elevated pressure over timestretches and expands veins. Strength of the venous walls and the strength of venous pressure exert a primary influence on the degree of stretching. Gradually, a network of enlarged veins surrounds the testicle, and in some advanced cases, the venous sponge completely hides it. For the thermoregulatory function of the scrotum, this results in sad consequences: the testicle no longer cools as intended by nature itself. An unusually high temperature for this organ suppresses spermatogenesis and sperm production is significantly reduced. The risk of infertility in men suffering from varicocele is several times higher than in healthy men.
So, is located in infertility factors for varicose veins of the spermatic cord and testicles are:
- Equalizing testicular temperature and general body temperature.
- The dysfunction of the venous valves, due to which the active substance of the kidneys and adrenal glands are thrown back into the testicles.
- Ischemia and oxygen deficiency in the testis.
- Intoxication egg free radicals, which, being highly poisonous substances accumulated in its tissues.
Symptoms of the disease
In the presence of external signs of disease (2, 3stage) doctor examines and probes pampiniform plexus in the scrotum of the patient in a standing position. With a significant increase in venous additional diagnostic measures are not carried out.
Special survey administered to a patient, ifdisease stopped at 0 or 1 stage and visually assess the condition of the veins is not possible. Then resorted to the help of Doppler ultrasound of the scrotum or procedures that are carried out when the patient is in two positions - sitting, and lying down. This method of investigation is mandatory for men who sought medical help due to infertility and painful discomfort in the scrotum.
In addition, all patients without exceptionIt shows the semen: 2 study conducted with an interval of 4-12 weeks. Before performing this procedure, male recommend abstinence for up to 5-7 days.
Treatment of varicocele
Conservative treatment of varicose veins of the spermatic cord and testicles do not bring the proper result, so are ancillary activities for the treatment of varicocele surgical methods.
When diagnosed with an initial stage of the disease, asymptomatic, doctors prescribe:
- Restriction of certain physical exercises: long walks, dancing, horse riding and cycling.
- timely treating constipationWhich may provoke an increase in intra-abdominal pressure.
- Admission venotoniki and drugs affecting vasoconstriction.
- Maintaining regular sexual life.
- Pouring cold water on the scrotum.
The indications for surgery are:
- Discomfort and pain in the affected testicle.
- Changing anatomy and egg densities.
- Decreased sex drive on the basis of the disease.
- poor results semen.
- Reduced ability to work due to a varicocele.
Contra-indications for surgery are very conditional:
- No signs of the disease at a very early stage of the flow.
- The development of inflammatory reactions and the various pathologies of other organs in parallel with varicocele.
- Total heavy human health.
In modern surgery was made possibleintersection stretched veins aimed at pampiniform plexus and participating in the reverse casting of blood. The main types of operations that are effective in addressing the problem of varicocele:
- dressing and the intersection of varicosetesticular vein. This permeability of lymphatic vessels is maintained, which significantly reduces the risk of complications after surgery (eg, swelling of the scrotum);
- X-ray endovascular surgery;
- imposition of vascular anastomosis;
- Microsurgical operation, which make access of the groin, using optical equipment.
Prevention of disease
The controversy over the development of objective reasonsvaricocele not subside until now, so any serious measures of prevention of this condition, doctors can not offer. Our site shares with his readers the main recommendations of the experts. So, in order to prevent a varicocele, a young man should be:
- aged 18-20 years visit a urologist for examination for possible pathology;
- 1 regularly every 5-6 months to inspect and palpate their own genitals for compacted and varicose veins. If you see suspicious symptoms immediately consult a doctor;
- at the first sign of the disease, doctors are advised to give up drinking, live a regular sex life, carefully protecting themselves from venereal diseases;
- of great importance for the health of male sex organs is the timely removal of stagnation in the pelvis, right treatment of prostatitis, Epididymitis and orchitis;
- prevention of infertility surgery and was left with a varicocele.