General information about the preparation
The first manufacturer of this drug is consideredAustria. It is used for production of calves blood, which is subjected to repeated dialysis and ultrafiltration. This highly purified extract contains inorganic compound electrolytes important micro- and macroelements (copper, silicon, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, calcium), glycolipids, oligopeptides, amino acids, nucleosides.
Aktovegin Available in several dosage forms:
- tablets, which are coated with a shell containing 200 mg Actovegin, the amount of packaging - 10, 50 pieces, or pellets;
- 5% cream or ointment in tubes of 20 grams;
- 250 ml vial containing a solution for injection made on saline containing Actovegin 1 ml of 4 mg or 8;
- 2 ml ampoules, in multiples of 10 or 25 pieces;
- 5 ml ampoules in a package of 5 or 10 pieces;
- 10 ml vials of 5 pieces per pack;
- 20% Gel in tubes, packed with 20 grams;
- eye gel, packed by 5 grams.
Now tablets are produced also in Norway, Russia, and external preparations called "Solkoseril" made in Switzerland.
What happens under the influence of Actovegin in the body?
- It improves oxygen transport to the cells, glucose and their assimilation. Thus it manifested anti-hypoxic action.
- Increased energy metabolism.
- In the tissues increases blood microcirculation, manifested anti-ischemic effect.
- It stimulates the regeneration of damaged injuries, burns tissue.
- It noted a positive effect on the immune system.
- It improves the general condition of the whole organism.
In patients with diabetes mellitus anddiabetic polyneuropathy, a marked decrease of its manifestations - namely, numbness of the lower limbs, disturbance of sensitivity, pain, burning sensation. Mental well-being of patients is improved, too.
If the medication is administered parenterally, it starts to operate after 30 minutes, the maximal effect is usually within 3 h.
When appointed Aktovegin?
Doctors prescribe Aktovegin their patients in the following cases:
- insufficient blood supply carrying oxygen and glucose to the brain - ischemic stroke, chronic encephalopathy, TBI (traumatic brain injury);
- violation of vascular tone (angiopathy);
- violation of venous or arterial circulation;
- violation trophism (feeding) of the skin;
- problems with the veins of the limbs caused by improper operation of the valve device;
- diabetic polyneuropathy;
- sores, ulcers, burns, radiation injuries of the skin.
The drug is often prescribed to women recently hatched baby, it MirSovetov more talk later.
Eye gel is widely used in the treatment of ophthalmic diseases:
- burns, corneal alkali, lime, acids;
- corneal ulcers caused by different reasons;
- scleral or corneal damage such abrasions resulting from the constant wear contact lenses, corneal inflammation (keratitis);
- corneal transplantation.
methods of use
Options for the use of several Actovegin -topically (cream, ointment, gel), parenteral (injectable solution), orally (pills, tablets). Method of application and dosage depends on the patient's diagnosis, severity of the disease. Inside the medicine is usually given three times a day for one or two tablets before a meal, which must be swallowed without putting razzhёvyvaniyu. Wash down with water should be boiled.
In more severe cases, the drug is administered into a vein(Or artery), the dose and rate of administration schedule is set by the attending physician. To avoid the development of anaphylactic shock, administered first test (test) dose. We draw readers' attention to the fact that non-transparent solution can not be used for injection. The muscle Aktovegin can be assigned to every day or several times a week.
To accelerate the healing of wound surfaces,ulcers, pressure sores, burns, treatment is usually started with a gel or cream. They are applied with a thin layer and bandage, which change as needed. If the wound becomes wet much, dressings are changed daily. When the wound is improving, for the complete healing can proceed to use the ointment, it is suitable for the prevention of bedsores.
In diseases of the organ of vision using eyegel that is extruded directly into the affected eye on a droplet according to the prescription of an ophthalmologist - two or three times a day. our site warns that use gel ointment or cream after you have opened upakovochku permitted only four weeks.
Aktovegin during pregnancy
Actovegin properties described above, allow to use it during pregnancy for the following purposes:
- To improve the arterial and venous blood flow, originating from the mother through the placenta to the fetus.
- To prevent the occurrence of intrauterine fetal brain lesions, delay its development, hypoxia, Lack of body weight.
- To prevent pregnancy pathology in diseases of the mother, placenta function disorders.
- In order to prepare and adapt to the upcoming birth of your baby.
Course Actovegin doctor recommends pregnant women with:
- gestoze, Accompanied by high blood pressure, edema, pain and heaviness in the legs;
- the threat of miscarriage or premature birth;
- hypoxia, fetal development;
- problems with the placenta, partial detachment of the ovum;
- chronic diseases of women, such as varicosity. hemorrhoids, Systemic lupus erythematosus, diabetes;
- difficulties and complications during previous pregnancies, such as abortion, miscarriage;
- if the ultrasound shows that there is evidence indicating that the fetus receives too little oxygen.
The method of administration Actovegin in a woman's body,dosage and duration of the course sets the doctor monitors the pregnancy. Sometimes parallel with this drug are appointed by others, such as chimes, vitamins.
Contraindications and side effects
When treating sometimes have side effects such as:
- feeling as if the blood rushed to his face hard;
- slight fever;
- excessive sweating;
- various allergic reactions ranging from rash and redness to anaphylactic shock (in rare cases);
- when administered to the eye gel possible redness of the sclera, lacrimation.
The drug should not be used if found,that the person to his idiosyncrasy. Other contraindications: heart disease (asthma), pulmonary edema, fluid retention in the body.
If your doctor has prescribed you Aktovegin then beforehow to hurry him to the pharmacy, ask - what kind of dosage form to buy, dosage, number of ampoules or vials, the duration of the reception. Follow all recommendations to bring you the benefit of the drug.