What is acupuncture and why it is needed
Acupuncture is a set of procedures,during which stimulates specific points of the human body. This stimulation is carried out with special needles of varying lengths and diameters, being introduced into the patient's skin at a certain time.
Acupuncture It is an ancient eastern practice and is consideredone of the oldest methods of treatment worldwide. Chinese traditional medicine argues that acupuncture by stimulating strictly designated areas eliminates the imbalance in the energy flow of Qi, and it happens through special channels called meridians.
Although the mechanism of action of thistherapy is still not exactly understood, acupuncture is still considered a very effective way to fight with all sorts of diseases. Moreover, this method of treatment is complex and can influence almost all body systems.
Most doctors refer to national practiceswith a certain degree of skepticism and wariness, but acupuncture, however, recognize the relatively safe and effective procedure. If the treatment takes a professional who, in addition, comply with all rules of hygiene, the risk of side effects is minimized.
Often resorted to acupuncture whenconservative treatment does not produce the desired results. The scope of the impact of acupuncture on the body is very extensive and can cope with many problems. our site found that acupuncture is widely used in the areas of:
- In neurology. Acupuncture helps to relieve or completely cure depression, osteochondrosis, Sleep disorders, neuritis and neuralgia. Such procedures eliminate the manifestations of chronic fatigue, promote the effective fight against alcoholism, Smoking and drug addiction, eliminate the effects of cerebrovascular events.
- In gynecology and urology. Acupuncture is effective in solving problems frigidity sexual dysfunction and helps to cure infertility. mastopathy, Polycystic ovaries, to eliminate violations of the menstrual cycle.
Having decided to try acupuncture asmethod of treatment should be to begin to find a suitable clinic, which is engaged in such practices. Staff in the institution should be qualified, have a license, appropriate education and desirable - experience. Not bad also that the therapist had the skills and any other medical field.
Complex procedures prescribed only afterdiagnosis. For this patient, interrogate, examine and listen. Based on these data, prescribe treatment. Session itself may have a different length, which ranges from 10 minutes to 1 hour. It is important that during the treatment used only sterile, disposable needles. Their length, thickness and material of manufacture are different and are selected depending on the case. For example, gold needles facilitate movement of the energy flows in the body, whereas the silver needles, on the contrary, a calming effect. In current practice, the steel needle is used more often. Their length varies between 13 and 130 mm.
The depth and angle of introduction are determined on the basis ofthe body of the patient, as well as areas where the desired point. Needle introducing under the skin quickly, twisting slightly, the depth is about 2-8 mm. In this position, the needle is left for a certain time, usually 10-20 minutes. There are other cases where the needle is not removed within a few days, is practiced in the fight against excess weight. The following acupuncture procedure was repeated after 3-7 days. The number of sessions depends on the individual case, but if after 4 treatments no visible effect on the treatment time is interrupted.
Contraindications to acupuncture
Although acupuncture is considered relativelyfriendly method with minimal side effects for its implementation there are a number of contraindications. We found our site, in which cases you can not resort to such practices:
- Acupuncture can be dangerous for pregnant women. Needles can not implement under the skin in the abdominal area, as well as some other points. Improper conduct of the session may end premature birth.
- Acupuncture fasting do not, as well as overly full stomach.
- The procedure is contraindicated in infants who have not healed "soft spots" on his head.
- Needles are not injected into the blood vessels.
- Therapy is unsafe for heavily weakened or exhausted patients.
Possible complications of acupuncture
- When the manifestation of negligence and unprofessionalism of the patient is at risk of entering any infection. If it is violated during the acupuncture session circulation, It is fraught with loss of consciousness.
- The turning point of the needle - the complexity that canoccur in case of a wrong choice of length and diameter of the needles, as well as defective manufacturing material. If the needle breaks down under the skin, remove it can be only by surgery.
- Excessive muscle tension or in contact with the bone needle can become stuck in the body.
- If the damage of blood vessels in the skin can develop bruises.
- In some cases, during the session, the patient experiences discomfort and pain.