Hemoglobin is the main protein of the respiratorycycle. It is involved in the processes of transport of oxygen to the tissues of the respiratory system, and carbon dioxide in the reverse direction. Hemoglobin contained in erythrocytes of human blood to assess hemoglobin using general blood analysis. Normally, women hemoglobin index is 120-140 g / l (grams per liter), and may vary slightly depending on the condition of the woman, monthly cycles and loads on the body.
Reasons for increasing hemoglobin
Sometimes high levels of hemoglobin may be due to the influence of some human actions, circumstances or environmental factors:
- This is possible with intense physical exercise in athletes (especially skiers, skaters, marathon runners), as well as due to taking anabolic steroids.
- At high altitudes in a person's bloodproduced a greater amount of hemoglobin, thus the body compensates for the increased load on the body, associated with a lack of oxygen at high altitudes. The people skills relate to the part of the flight (for women - pilots, flight attendants), and climbers may experience an elevated level of hemoglobin.
- When the pregnancy occurshormonal changes in a woman's body that can provoke a hemoglobin level of racing. During this period may sometimes be observed in hemoglobin in blood indicators about 150-160 g / l.
- Excessive smoking - smokers often increased hemoglobin indicators, this is due to the influence of carbon monoxide on the body.
- The so-called falsely elevated levels of hemoglobin due to the heat and sweating, dehydration (dehydration). After establishing fluid intake mode, hemoglobin level returns to normal.
- Due to exhaustion, burns, Violent vomiting.
- Increased hemoglobin could be due to the reception multivitamin complexes or iron supplements.
If these factors are excluded, our site encourages not attempt to guess the cause of the high-hemoglobin, and contact a qualified technician.
It is necessary to conduct a medical examination in order to avoid possible pathologies:
- cardiovascular disease;
- diseases of the respiratory system (chronic bronchitis. pneumonia, Pulmonary fibrosis);
- violation of intestinal obstruction, atrophy of the gastric mucosa;
- poisoning and toxicosis;
- erythrocytosis (physiological norms excess amount of red blood cells by reducing the liquid portion of blood) and hemoglobinemia (increase in hemoglobin content in blood plasma);
- hemochromatosis (a hereditary geneticdisorders of iron metabolism in the body, in which the iron is excessively accumulated in the organs and tissues) - about 10 percent of the population are carriers of the gene, and the likelihood of developing the disease is about 0.3 per cent);
- diabetes (There is an increase of glycated hemoglobin as a result of an overabundance of glucose in the blood).
Symptoms of high levels of hemoglobin
The rate of hemoglobin in the blood of pregnant women - 110-130g / l, which is slightly lower than the physiological norms for women in general. In the first half of pregnancy, the expectant mother hemoglobin levels remained virtually unchanged in the second half changed the volume of circulating blood on the body can respond down or in some cases an increase in the level of hemoglobin. hemoglobin rise may be related, inter alia, with the reception of the complex of multivitamins and minerals with increased content of iron. In this case, after the lifting of multivitamins hemoglobin returns to the average.
If there is a high level of hemoglobin in the blood of pregnant women are appointed additional tests, such as blood chemistry and urinalysis, as well as expert advice (you may need to check the therapist, endocrinologist, cardiologist, urologist, oncologist).
Possible disorders in pregnancy associated with high levels of hemoglobin in the blood of a pregnant, may be:
- chronic fetal hypoxia and intrauterine growth retardation;
- fading pregnancy, Intrauterine death;
- increased risk of thrombosis in pregnant women and new mothers.
These complications are associated with increased density and viscosity of the blood due to the high content of hemoglobin in the blood.
Preventive measures in pregnancy:
- timely registration with the antenatal clinic, regular monitoring of blood count (when registering and at different stages of pregnancy);
- you need to give up bad habits;
- a thorough medical examination before pregnancy planning;
- healthy lifestyle, prevention and timely treatment of chronic diseases.
How to normalize the level of hemoglobin
First, on the basis of the diagnosticSurvey and identified diseases, assigned medication. Showed receiving blood thinners to stimulate normal hematopoiesis. The scheme of treatment and specific diet with the doctor offers.
It is also necessary to mention some elements thatuseful to know and take into account each person. Dehydration due to heavy physical exertion, sweltering heat and sweating diet should be aimed at restoring fluid balance. At the same time our site recommends changing diet, increasing fluid intake, drink little and often. Normal fluid intake - at least 40 milliliters per day per kilogram of the body, including all of the liquid from the food and drink. It is advisable to limit the use of the heat of the meat, heavy and fatty foods, to include in the diet of light cold soups and lots of vegetables and seafood, and dairy dishes.
When gemahromatoze (impaired metabolism of iron in the body) should be minimized in the diet intake of foods high in iron:
- red meat, especially beef, rabbit (as part of veal, lamb and pork iron are significantly lower), meat by-products;
- cereals (Buckwheat, oats, barley, barley, rice and wheat);
- legumes (beans, peas);
- apple, pomegranate, black currant, plum, pear, persimmon, red berries (raspberries, cherries, strawberries);
- butter, eggs, cheese;
- sweets, fatty and smoked.
Based on the foregoing, mymedinform.com recommends carefully relate to health, in particular to the state and quality of the blood. Accordingly, it is necessary not less often than once a year, check the rate of hemoglobin using a common blood test, and the detection of deviations from the norm - to consult with experts, as elevated levels of hemoglobin in the blood may be caused by various disorders in the body.