This unpleasant condition is familiar to everyone - children,and adults. Stomach ache, nausea, vomiting, sometimes fever. But most importantly - you can not even leave the 'old haunt' place. All ran and ran, and blame - upset stomach or diarrhea in a simple way and on science - diarrhea. Call it what you will, the result is still one. Adults cope with this problem faster than children and the elderly. But those and other digestive system is back to normal itself, it needs help. Why is this happening, tell our site.
Because of what occurs diarrhea
To understand this, we must go back in time. No, not in the distant, and just one day before diarrhea. Remember, what you eat or drink, or maybe you have filled the stomach without any action? Or just recently returned from a trip? Or did you start to take antibiotics? Or…
The most common causes:
- Food poisoning. It is caused by vegetables, fruits and other food without proper heat treatment, and expired.
- Intestinal infection caused by bacteria andViruses: stomach flu (its other name: intestinal flu, rotavirus gastroenteritis), dysentery. Source - a sick man or a healthy carrier, which may not even be aware of their infestation. Often there is an called "disease of dirty hands".
- Dysbacteriosis - Violation of the intestinal flora.
- Banal overeating when your digestive system simply can not cope with such an unusual abundance of food.
- Chronic diseases of the digestive system (gastritis, Enteritis, pancreatitis, Colitis, hepatitis etc.).
- Abrupt climate change is that if you went in the voyage. Add to this the unfamiliar food and water composition, different from the usual. As well as overheating in the sun!
- Overwork, stress, fear. There is even a term - "the bear illness" (diarrhea panic nervous origin). Named in honor of the bear, because it responds to the fear in the same way as humans.
- Drinking contaminated water unboiled.
- Allergies to foods.
- An allergy to the drug. By the way, before taking medicines carefully read the instructions. Perhaps in "Side effects" column spelled diarrhea, you just did not pay attention to it.
- Lactose intolerance. It often occurs in children.
- Lack of vitamin B2, A, F.
- Fruit juices, in which there is sorbitol.
If diarrhea does not stop after a few days, then perhaps this is something more serious:
- Ulcerative colitis.
- Malabsorption (malabsorption syndrome).
- Infection with pathogens - Giardia, amoebas, Salmonella.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Crohn's disease. It is characterized by inflammation of digestive tract.
If a week has passed, and the symptoms do not disappear, it is notWe need to continue to be treated yourself. Only a doctor can order tests and make the correct diagnosis. Well, if everything has just begun, let us try to understand themselves.
Typical signs and symptoms of anxiety
Since the causes of diarrhea are many,focus only on the most characteristic. Most important, it will not mix with anything - upset the chair, which is manifested in the frequent urge to the bathroom (at least 3 times a day). Furthermore, there is abdominal distentionAnd nagging pain at the bottom of it. On the first day of dehydration (the way, a dangerous sign of diarrhea!) Can not come, but if you do not take the necessary measures, it is expressed in a decrease in temperature and pressure, will thirst and dry mucous membranes of the oral cavity.
An important criterion that will tell you to go to the doctor or do on their own - the nature of diarrhea. The chair can be watery and bloody.
Intestine bacterial toxins amazed that saysabout food poisoning or acute intestinal infection. Do not grasp immediately for antibiotics and antimicrobials, unless the diarrhea does not stop for more than two days. More drink water to prevent dehydration. Perhaps the use of the drug rehydron. Either follow the advice that we give below. If it's been three days, and everything remains unchanged - to the doctor!
If there was blood in the stool and mucus droppedor the temperature rose to a critical level, it is cause for hospitalization. Folk remedies already consumed uselessly. Do not waste your time to the beginning of the disease is not progressing. Diarrhea can be very dangerous for children and the elderly! Therefore, if the diarrhea has opened a child under 1 year is urgently necessary to find out the reason.
Here are some other symptoms, talking about what not to do without medical care:
- increased vomiting;
- paroxysmal abdominal pain, bloating not passing;
- urging more than 15 times a day;
- Chair red or black (perhaps you began to bleed or attacking parasites);
- white or pale color of the chair (not in order of the liver)
- Dehydration, lack of urination.
As they say, is easier to prevent than to treat. It is better to once again read the tips that should be followed to avoid all the hassles associated with diarrhea.
- Wash your hands after the street, before eating, after using the toilet, before you take the baby in her arms.
- Wash fruits and vegetables. For children, it is better to peel.
- Boil water before drinking and milk.
- Learn and check the shelf life of products, especially for milk products.
- Meat and fish should be subjected to a heat treatment before consumption.
If there were the first symptoms of diarrhea, and you work as a waiter or a cook, then forget about the affairs to a complete cure.
We must remember that the most terrible case of diarrhea -This dehydration. The body loses a lot of fluid that needs to be compensated. But it should not be just plain water. After all, it does not contain the body needs minerals and sugar. Assist rehydrated solutions - rehydron, oral or touring (carefully follow the instructions!). In addition, drink mineral water, black or green tea without sugar, orange, grapefruit or pear juice, stewed fruit, cooked without sugar.
If a child chest, keep feeding himfeeding. So to remedy the lack of necessary microorganisms. If your baby - bottle-, pick up the food, which has the effect of fixing or contains bifidobacteria.
What are the folk remedies to apply, so as not to harm any adult or child:
- starch. In 1/2 cup water to dissolve 1 teaspoon of starch, stir well and drink quickly;
- Fig. Rice porridge or congee very good help from diarrhea, only need to cook without salt. 1 cup rice 3 cups of water. Take every 2 hours to eat porridge or congee;
- chamomile. One tablespoon of chamomile flowers per cup of boiling water. Pour, real 4 hours, strain. Eat 4 times a day for 2 tablespoons, preferably after a meal;
- Garnet. A small amount of pomegranate peel brew one cup of boiling water, to insist 30 minutes. Take 1 teaspoon, until no diarrhea;
- nutmeg (suitable nursing baby). Take 1 nutmeg, crushed, 1 teaspoon of powder dissolved in 1/2 cup milk. Give 1 teaspoon get drinks every three hours;
- hawthorn. One cup of hot water pour 5 grams of dried fruit, boil 10 minutes, then half an hour even brewed. Strain and pour so that once again get a glass of liquid. Give 1 tablespoon 3 times a day;
- bird cherry. A glass of hot water one tablespoon of wild cherry fruit. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, then let stand for 1-2 hours. Strain and drink 1/2 cup 2-3 times a day;
- carrot. It turns out this root - the perfect remedy for diarrhea. It is just necessary to cook, clean, mash and add a little boiling water.
At the first signs of intoxication can be useful Activated carbon. In acute diarrhea to adults can take loperamide or polisorb. Children should refrain from these drugs to determine the exact causes of diarrhea.
What you can and can not eat
Furthermore, the symptoms should be treatedto know what can be eaten at this time. It is clear that there are many - only harm. Still it is necessary to refrain from anything fried, fatty, spicy, smoked, salted and sweet. Wait with raw vegetables and fruits. No fast food. Do not drink milk and coffee. And tarry without alcohol.
But the broths, boiled vegetables and boiled steammeat, steam cutlets, oatmeal and rice porridge, mashed potatoes and bananas will brighten your life for a while. All meals are warm. Children during diarrhea are better to give food in pureed form.
Remember that we should not treat diarrhea asa common phenomenon. Be sure to check the source to determine the treatment. To help in this case can only be a good doctor. We hope that you know this. And to all those who already suffer from indigestion, to help our advice and wishes "speedy recovery!".