General information about the disease
Bursitis doctors call the disease process,in which inflamed periarticular bags, which are located between the bones and tendons, in places created a certain mechanical pressure. In Latin bag it sounds like «bursa», and therefore the disease has been given this name. The bag in this pathology is accumulated exudate, it is called effusion. Most often bursitis prone to shoulder, elbow, knee, hip joints, the area of the Achilles tendon. According to the clinical course of the disease is subacute, acute, recurrent (recurrent), chronic. By the nature of the pathogen bursitis is divided into:
- specific (tubercular, gonorrheal, brutsellёznye, syphilitic).
By nature they can be exudatehemorrhagic, serous, purulent. When septic bursitis at periarticular bags accumulated not just synovial fluid and goes gnoeobrazovanie. If hemorrhagic bursitis in man, the exudate through research, you can see a lot of red blood cells (blood components), appeared there due to bleeding vessels. A complication of bursitis - a cluster of salt in the bag of different elements.
The causes of bursitis can be:
- Infections - streptococci, staphylococci and other pyogenic bacteria can cause inflammation of the bag near the joint. A fall to the microorganisms of the lymphatic system or through abrasions, sores on the skin.
- Injuries - a disease often pursues athletes(Tennis, football, cycling, weightlifting, martial artists). Moreover, when there is a risk of re-injury of chronic bursitis, impedes movement, accompanied by severe pain. Bruises and microtrauma also lead to damage to the bursa and inflammation.
- Constantly repeated mechanical irritation - they lead to an accumulation of fluid that provokes stretching of the bag around the joint, the size she is like a tumor.
- Diathesis, Allergic and autoimmune reactions - when the body a lot of antibodies, it is possible involvement in the inflammatory process and periarticular bag.
- Intoxication, violation of the flow of metabolic processes.
Cases when bursitis suddenly begins to develop without the influence of any external factors and internal factors.
Symptoms of bursitis
There are 2 ways to treat bursitis - conservative and operative.
If bursitis caused by pathogenic microbes, it is necessary to resolve the infection. In such cases usually are written antibiotics in the form of injections or tablets, capsules. If the disease is caused by the fault of tuberculosis, then, of course, first of all anti-TB agents are assigned. For removal of inflammation in the periarticular bag and rid the patient of the pain medication and appointed the following events:
- Fixing the joint by bandaging hard to achieve peace and temporary immobilization.
- Rubbing in an ointment therapy area called Diclofenac, Ortofen, creams Ketonal any debt.
- Ingestion Ibuprofen, Ketoprofen, Diclofenac in tablet form.
In mild cases this treatment is sufficient to 8 days and the symptoms of bursitis retreated, the restoration of the damaged joint area.
Sometimes a doctor prescribes an injection directly into the joint capsule. Do not be afraid of such procedures. First, the anesthetic is administered, and then hydrocortisone, antimicrobial agent.
When purulent and chronic bursitis sometimes the doctor resorts to joint puncture the bag to clean it from the content, to handle internal cavity antibiotic.
After the acute stage, reducing the pain the patient may give a direction to the physiotherapy for electrophoresis, Paraffin, warming, with currents of different frequencies procedures, certain microwave power. Many patients helps acupuncture, Acupuncture.
What does the traditional medicine?
- Warm compresses with infusion or decoction of herbs - burdock, cinquefoil, comfrey, St. John's wort, yarrow.
- Help is capable cabbage leaf. It is removed from the head of cabbage, cut the large vein, rolled over it a rolling pin to the juice was made. Then this sheet is applied to the diseased joint with the side that is adjacent to the cabbages, and then fixed with a wide bandage or gussets. The best thing is the attachment to do before going to bed, so you lie under a blanket. Either it has to insulate the joint woollens. Change the leaves should be at least 4 hours. Instead leaf cabbage can take a large leaf of burdock.
- Chronic bursitis is recommended honey wrap. It is necessary to take liquid honey and apply on the affected area. Attach a napkin and wrap a towel. For honey, you can add onion juice.
- Salt compress. Take 200 ml of hot boiled water, dissolve it in a tablespoon of salt. Fold the bandage or gauze in several layers, dip in salt solution, gently squeeze. Spread on a sore joint. On top, place the package, wrap a warm towel or handkerchief. After a few hours the salt poultice should be removed. The course is usually 10 sessions.
With timely treatment to the doctor the patient rapidly recovers. But if the case is launched, the infection can join bursitis, myositisDeposition in the cavity of the bag of certain substances, such as calcium salts. It was then already required surgery.