What represents bulimia
In a translation from Greek means bulimia"Bullish hunger." Perhaps these two words, and is characterized by the whole essence of the disease. In general, bulimia - a disorder of the mental nature, in which man is constantly hungry. Even when the stomach is full to capacity, bulemik continues to absorb food, often causing serious health problems. With this diagnosis of human whole life revolves around food: wherever he is sick, he constantly thinks about food, unable to overcome the imaginary feeling of hunger. Moreover, a person with bulimia is always looking for an excuse to eat and see a full refrigerator, can eat all the contents of the "cleaned". Another major symptom is that bulemiki for fear of getting fat after every meal cause vomiting, drink large amounts of laxatives and other medicines length of weight loss or exercise to syncope. That is, patients are making a lot of effort to satisfy your hunger, but never having achieved this effect, get rid of unnecessary food traumatic body means. It should be noted that in this disease affects more women 16 to 35 years. Recognize a person with the disease can in some clinical symptoms that result from frequent vomiting. Among them:
- swelling of glands in the neck and face;
- the erosion of tooth enamel (especially the rear wall);
- hemorrhage in the face;
- swelling of the salivary glands;
- pain in the throat;
- inflammation of the gastro-intestinal tract.
People suffering from bulimia, in most casesashamed of their uncontrollable appetite and try every possible way to hide this illness. Therefore, healthy people bulemiki eat in moderation, and secluded, stuffed stomach under the ovary and then dispose of the contents of the consequence of vomiting. Sometimes even the nearest environment of the patient is not aware of an unpleasant illness for quite some time. During this period bulemik suffers not only from the insatiable hunger, but also from outbreaks of panic, depression, anxiety because of the appearance. By the way for the appearance of people with this disease watched very carefully, this is probably the second most important thing in their lives, of course, the food.
Causes of bulimia
There is a classical scheme of treatment of bulimia. According to it is carried out a whole range of therapeutic and pharmacological measures.
Psychotherapy. Psychotherapeutic sessions with bulimia helpthe patient aware of their problem and understand why there was a disease. This is the main key in the treatment of disease. When working with bulemikami experts typically use a whole range of psychological therapies. Among them:
- cognitive-behavioral (aimed at identifying and changing the incorrect thought patterns, perceptions and basic settings);
- diet monitoring;
- interpersonal therapy (to correct incorrect construction of opinions about oneself, self-esteem and simple communication skills);
- family therapy (the main task - to help family members to modify the factors that develop bulimia symptoms);
- group therapy (bulemiki work in a group where they share their experiences of overcoming the disease and learn about the experiences of other similar).
Medical technique. Due to the fact that most patients bulimiasuffer from depression, often they have to be hospitalized in a psychiatric hospital. In medical institutions bulemiki taking antidepressants. Among them, specifically designed to combat this disease Fluoxetine. It is important to begin treatment in the early stages of the disease. Otherwise, bulimia can cause serious health problems and even death. During the period of hospital treatment of patients is being monitored constantly. Every hour a map updated medical records of the patient, fit diet and physiological state. That is, in conjunction with psychological correction bulemik also receives and treatment with different drugs and physiotherapeutic procedures.
The consequences of bulimia
Dependence on food causes serious damagemental organization man. This is because the thought of food is constantly pursuing the patient, interfere with work, relax and live a normal life. So, the mind suffers, bulemik feels inferior, often subject to manic depressive psychosis. Furthermore, bulimia also affects the physical condition. The most tangible effects on health:
- menstrual irregularities or even cessation of menstruation;
- disorders of the gastrointestinal tract;
- inflammation of the esophagus;
- larynx damage by stomach acid;
- the destruction of tooth enamel;
- deterioration of the intestinal peristalsis;
- pigmentation of the skin;
- overweight or conversely anorexia;
- deterioration of the condition of hair and nails (brittleness, pigmentation, discoloration).
These effects accompany almost everybulemika with the "experience". Therefore, it is important to recognize the disease at an early stage of development. And if you have the beginnings of bulimia, you should destroy them in the bud. There are several methods of prevention. For example, the development of rational attitude to nutrition, realistic view of themselves, setting life goals. These simple tips will not only prevent disease, but also to recover from it in the early stages. Also, if you recognize their behavior bulimia, immediately contact the experts: psychologists, therapists. our site wishes all readers to stay healthy and strong, and most importantly - a positive look at the world, then no you are not afraid of bulimia.